Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
All true, but what about those that just don’t want the vaccine? You know they exist in those communities as well, right?
The status quo wasn’t working. It was time to make a change and try something else. The additional workplace mandates will impact 100M people. Are there 100M homeless, jobless people without electricity? If we get to 85 or 90% vaccinated maybe that’s enough. We don’t need 100%. If it’s needed there are additional ways to get more people in. We could mandate vaccination to receive government assistance or offer additional stimulus money to encourage more vaccination. The point is that because there are some poor people who don’t want the vaccine is not a good reason to not encourage anyone else either.

drizgirl

And your criteria would disadvantage them further.

There are millions and millions of unvaccinated Americans. They are your neighbours, friends, and family members. Show some compassion, for goodness' sake.
Thank you for being the voice of humanity. I'm so discouraged lately at the attitude shown by so many. I think if someone suggested setting up concentration camps for the unvaccinated many here would herald it a great advancement and jump right on board.

I say that as a fully vaccinated person who is also very frustrated by all the vaccine hesitancy I see.

EpcoTim

View attachment 587103
If you think homeless, jobless, electricity-less individuals are the ones that are getting Covid and the driving cause spreading it to others in public idk what to tell you.

There’s lots of homeless outreach here in central Florida to make vaccines available to them, but we can only do so much for those that are hesitant and virtually impossible to reach.

The status quo wasn’t working. It was time to make a change and try something else. The additional workplace mandates will impact 100M people. Are there 100M homeless, jobless people without electricity? If we get to 85 or 90% vaccinated maybe that’s enough. We don’t need 100%. If it’s needed there are additional ways to get more people in. We could mandate vaccination to receive government assistance or offer additional stimulus money to encourage more vaccination. The point is that because there are some poor people who don’t want the vaccine is not a good reason to not encourage anyone else either.
Never said or implied anything about the homeless or underserved. Nice projection though.

The status quo doesn’t have to work and won’t work, still leaves impoverished communities at high risk.

lazyboy97o

Thank you for being the voice of humanity. I'm so discouraged lately at the attitude shown by so many. I think if someone suggested setting up concentration camps for the unvaccinated many here would herald it a great advancement and jump right on board.

I say that as a fully vaccinated person who is also very frustrated by all the vaccine hesitancy I see.
People did advocate for locking up the “vulnerable” so they could just get on with their life. Those shouting that the “few” scared sheep shouldn’t get to dictate how everyone else lives are now shouting that they should get to cause ongoing disruption over how everyone else lives. Who wins by having hospitals fill up for weeks?

EpcoTim

If you don’t have a job or electricity, surely you didn’t mean people living in a house somehow paying for rent but not electricity? What?
Not sure if this is naive or ignorant, but if you think a person sleeping on the floor of a condemned house is paying rent you need to escape your bubble.

disneygeek90

Not sure if this is naive or ignorant, but if you think a person sleeping on the floor of a condemned house is paying rent you need to escape your bubble.
And again, I’ll ask. What percentage of the total population is this? I’ll take a wild shot in the dark and say this isn’t the majority of the 80 million unvaccinated adults left in the country, but maybe I’m stuck in a bubble (and for the record… this is homeless).

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
And again, I’ll ask. What percentage of the total population is this? I’ll take a wild shot in the dark and say this isn’t the majority of the 80 million unvaccinated adults left in the country, but maybe I’m stuck in a bubble.
Maybe they should vaccinated 80 million unvaccinated adults as 5-11 kids by end of 2021 or early 2022.

EpcoTim

Who the heck are you talking about then?

The status quo didn’t work but that’s not acceptable.
I’m talking about communities outside the political spectrum of this whole debate. Say you get 85% of the country vaccinated, you call that other 15% “idiots” but they’re not idiots, they live horrible lives in rural and urban places. The vaccine and covid don’t take center stage over hunger. They have the same concerns over the vaccine as the “lunatics” that get talked about everywhere.

All I’m saying is that this isn’t a one answer game. Nudging people, trying to change their mind, forcing your standards on them - it’s not going to work. If you want 80% vaccinated you need to understand life outside your world and you need to understand that your solution is not everyone’s solution. Covid will still exist in these communities that you will never ever hear about on whatever your news source of choice is.

EpcoTim

And again, I’ll ask. What percentage of the total population is this? I’ll take a wild shot in the dark and say this isn’t the majority of the 80 million unvaccinated adults left in the country, but maybe I’m stuck in a bubble.
Doesn’t matter what the percentage is, you could have the whole world vaccinated except for these communities and the virus still strive in those communities. It will kill them while the rest of the country is recovering, but they don’t fill your quota so they don’t matter.

lazyboy97o

Doesn’t matter what the percentage is, you could have the whole world vaccinated except for these communities and the virus still strive in those communities. It will kill them while the rest of the country is recovering, but they don’t fill your quota so they don’t matter.
Then how did elimination happen before?

Lilofan

I don’t approve of anything these days, I appreciate different outlooks, different inputs and different opinions whether I agree with them or not. The world has rarely benefited from accepting the status quo. Personal opinion.
Yea, different opinions like taking the horse and cow medicine like some are taking and ending up in the hospitals. I don't appreciate those items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom