News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

UNCgolf

I don't like sweets and never order desserts at restaurants. I prefer to drink my dessert in the form of a beer, anyway. Lunch menu seems reasonable to me. Will definitely be checking this out.

I was looking at the lunch menu and having a hard time figuring out any combination of app/entree that would be worth even close to $55! I realize you're paying a markup for the location (and a Disney one in general) but that just seems absurdly steep for what's offered.

disneygeek90

I was looking at the lunch menu and having a hard time figuring out any combination of app/entree that would be worth even close to $55! I realize you're paying a markup for the location (and a Disney one in general) but that just seems absurdly steep for what's offered.
With the appetizer it's actually pretty reasonable, and accounting for the overall experience.

Comparable Prices at Paddlefish:
Calamari: $16
Salmon: $34
Total: $50

Comparable Prices at City Works:
Kung Pao Cauliflower: $15
Salmon: $29
Total: $44

Comparable Prices at Brown Derby:
Shrimp Cocktail: $15
Free Range Chicken: $33
Total: $48

UNCgolf

With the appetizer it's actually pretty reasonable, and accounting for the overall experience.

Comparable Prices at Paddlefish:
Calamari: $16
Salmon: $34
Total: $50

Comparable Prices at City Works:
Kung Pao Cauliflower: $15
Salmon: $29
Total: $44

Comparable Prices at Brown Derby:
Shrimp Cocktail: $15
Free Range Chicken: 33
Total: $48

I was partially thinking along the lines of not wanting a $35 salmon entree for lunch, especially with an appetizer added. That's a lot of food.

You're right that there are combos to make it work, though. Just goes back to the prix fixe issue of needing to order certain items to actually get your money's worth. Half the appetizers are salads that should be $10 or less since they're not supposed to be a meal-sized portion. The space greens or caesar salad and burger combo is probably a $30 meal (or less) for $55.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

So I had hoped to go to Space 220 for my birthday in 2019. Of course, that didn't happen, and we went to The Boathouse instead. I ordered the Dungeness crab stuffed whole lobster, and it was everything I dreamed of. Now that's off their covid-simplified menu. I was prepared to laugh myself silly over the prices of THIS menu, but then I saw for the $20 add on, and the total of $99 I could have a lobster stuffed with crab meat and now I don't know if I should be stalking ADR for my 2021 birthday.

This is how they get you.

Also, requesting suggestions for where to get a crab stuffed whole lobster in Central Florida.
You don't. You come to MA and let me show you where to get a lobster meal.

disneygeek90

I was thinking more along the lines of not wanting a $35 salmon entree for lunch, especially with an appetizer added. That's a lot of food.

You're right that there are combos to make it work, though. Just goes back to the prix fixe issue of needing to order certain items to actually get your money's worth. Half the appetizers are salads that should be $10 or less since they're not supposed to be a meal-sized portion. The space greens or caesar salad and burger combo is probably a $30 meal (or less) for $55.
Yeah I think you definitely have to stick to the higher cost proteins if you wanna get your money out of it. The burger and a salad probably isn’t “worth it.”

aladdin2007

agree, at least include a small dessert for that price...its like something is missing,

markham

I have truly never attempted to calculate the ingredient costs of dishes served to me at a prix fixe dinner. Rather, was the entire experience worth my time and my money. Was it delicious, was the staff attentive, was the ambience to my liking?

I live in New York City and prices here are often in line with WDW prices, but without the immersive environment this promises. I’m a vegetarian, so I won’t be getting any of the expensive proteins, but serve me great food and an experience that exceeds expectations, I will gladly return again and again. I’ll definitely try to get a resy.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You need the Preparation-H when they deliver the bill.
Winner 👆🏻 👍🏻

…I’ll be interested to see the feedback on this (legit feedback…not nonsense buzzwords)??

the pricing is awful…yikes…you’re looking at a $235 bill plus grat for 4 people over 9 for lunch 😂

…but I am curious if there’s any value?

This is patina, right? It feels like they didn’t set the menu/price.

Rescue Ranger

I'll be in Epcot October 14th. Already have an ADR and not interested in canceling BUT definitely and very interested in the Lounge!

I assume the Lounge will be walk-ins? Hopefully. That way we can go whenever we feel that day and will just have to wait.

fngoofy

I don't like sweets and never order desserts at restaurants. I prefer to drink my dessert in the form of a beer, anyway. Lunch menu seems reasonable to me. Will definitely be checking this out.
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Having just seen the prices I am curious how $55 for an appetizer and an entre for 1 person seems "reasonable"?
If I got a Cesar Salad and a burger for $55, +$7 tax, +$10 tip, (no booze, just water) we are at $72 for one person to have lunch.
If my family of 3 goes, you are looking at $216 for a not that spectacular lunch (the food seems pedestrian, imho.)

Dinner? A table of 3 is going to set you back $320 AND that doesn't count your drinks which you may like to have (or in the case of this restaurant NEED to have.)

Now, I have said in the past that Genie+ at $15/day doesn't bother me, cost of doing business, etc. etc.

But $320 for 3 people to eat dinner in front of projection screens is crazy.

They don't even have any good beer or cocktails. Very pedestrian, very underwhelming, and very, very expensive.

/Don't even get me going on the fact that it is Patina Group and that speaks volumes to me based on my previous experiences with them.
imho.

ToTBellHop

Guys, you are eating in a restaurant that looks like it is in space. Of course, it is expensive. Either you want to do this or you don’t. It was never going to be cheap. The food seems similar to other Disney signature restaurants, but the setting looks amazing. This is the type of restaurant Disney is known for. I want to get in before they remodel it in 5 years and it looks like a Hilton restaurant.

disneygeek90

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Having just seen the prices I am curious how $55 for an appetizer and an entre for 1 person seems "reasonable"?
If I got a Cesar Salad and a burger for $55, +$7 tax, +$10 tip, (no booze, just water) we are at $72 for one person to have lunch.
If my family of 3 goes, you are looking at $216 for a not that spectacular lunch (the food seems pedestrian, imho.)

Dinner? A table of 3 is going to set you back $320 AND that doesn't count your drinks which you may like to have (or in the case of this restaurant NEED to have.)

Now, I have said in the past that Genie+ at $15/day doesn't bother me, cost of doing business, etc. etc.

But $320 for 3 people to eat dinner in front of projection screens is crazy.

They don't even have any good beer or cocktails. Very pedestrian, very underwhelming, and very, very expensive.

/Don't even get me going on the fact that it is Patina Group and that speaks volumes to me based on my previous experiences with them.
imho.
If you’re gonna try to make it fair from a price standpoint you can’t get the two “cheapest” items on the menu. I think that’s pretty obvious. Hazy IPA is a great beer so not sure what you consider good beer.

This won’t be somewhere I go to often. But a birthday or special occasion? Definitely.

Three of us went to Le Cellier in June. 3 filets and a bottle of wine was $240, and the interior is fine but nothing overly unique. It was a special occasion and we loved the meal. This isn’t supposed to be an every day lunch spot and shouldn’t be treated like one. I’m typically pretty critical of Disney prices but this one doesn’t bother me.

Muffinpants

I am a picky eater and will prolly get the worst value outta this place but I wanna go because I hope hte space aspect is amazing. I will try to book a lunch and look at reviews and if its not worth is and the screens are crap than I will simply cancel.

UNCgolf

Guys, you are eating in a restaurant that looks like it is in space. Of course, it is expensive. Either you want to do this or you don’t. It was never going to be cheap. The food seems similar to other Disney signature restaurants, but the setting looks amazing. This is the type of restaurant Disney is known for. I want to get in before they remodel it in 5 years and it looks like a Hilton restaurant.

The issue, at least for me, is the prix fixe aspect. If I could actually just buy what I wanted I'd probably be fine with the pricing -- I live in Atlanta and Disney prices aren't that different than restaurants here. But with prix fixe I'd likely end up paying for food I don't actually want at both lunch and dinner, which wouldn't be a problem if I could simply order an entree.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Dude, it’s restaurant…the food has to be very good to be close.

“lower your shield, emperor’s guard!!”

let’s see what this is or isn’t. No need for defense or prosecution…yet

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom