Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

JAB

pdude81

Worst mistake Disney will do in a long time is launching this app the first week of the 50th anniversary. They can't even sell tickets online without the site crashing. They think 10,000 people using an app the first week is going to work and make people happy? This should have been soft launched last week to give them time to work some issues out.
10,000 is like a crowd level 2 at just MK

G00fyDad

why can't they just give the exact start date?

why?

WHY???

:D

Because they know this is going to blow up in their faces and they are trying to delay the inevitable? Maybe they hope that by springing it on us then less people will have the chance to be locked and loaded with the vitriol that they know is coming.

Disstevefan1

Worst mistake Disney will do in a long time is launching this app the first week of the 50th anniversary. They can't even sell tickets online without the site crashing. They think 10,000 people using an app the first week is going to work and make people happy? This should have been soft launched last week to give them time to work some issues out.
I feared they were going to launch it Oct 1 to add insult to injury. While I understand that Oct 1 is a fiscal calendar thing, they really should wait till the beginning of November when it’s (typically) slower.

I say typically, but nothing is typical now a days. I am guessing there is still “revenge vacations” happening and maybe we will see record crowds going forward and there is no good time to launch.

It doesn’t matter it will be a crashing, broken mess whenever it launches, but unlike Fastpass plus, this time folks are paying money to use it…

SteveAZee

Are they really going to throw the switch on this thing for all four parks at the same time? Can't/shouldn't they try this with one park first? Not sure which park is least attended at the moment, but try that one first.

Parker in NYC

Will this include self defense training to help protect them against the inevitable angry, entitled guests who think it's okay to abuse poor front line CMs? 🤔
Since we continue to be in the COVID era, it’s good to know that the travel industry has already had more idiot customer trials by fire than ever before.

Last edited:

Parker in NYC

It doesn’t matter it will be a crashing, broken mess whenever it launches, but unlike Fastpass plus, this time folks are paying money to use it…
Say an extra prayer for ops. If those attractions don’t run… Though, I can already see the defenses here. “No one forced you to pay for the service”. Something akin to “No one is guaranteed a spot on ROTR”.

Ayla

Disney IT is terrible on any random good day. This will be a cluster of major proportions.

TikibirdLand

I don't hope it's a train wreck of epic proportions.

A lot of us will be there during this and would like to have a good trip. Been a long time coming! 😀

Oh I am in the same boat.
Will be hoping for the best for both of you and your families. I wouldn't want to be the first to use this app. Although, you might be able to play the "glitch" card to get on ROTR 😉

Disstevefan1

Say an extra prayer for ops. If those attractions don’t run… Though, I can already see the defenses here. “No one forced you to pay for the service”. Something akin to “No one is guaranteed a spot on ROTR”.
If there are problems, I do not think Disney saying no one forced you pay for the service is going to work as an excuse.

There is an expectation that something you pay for will work. Lets see what happens...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom