The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

HMF

That's horrible. It would have looked much better if they left the base monorail and put different characters at the beginning and end with the pixie dust trail connecting them. Even just connecting the pixie dust trail and fading the blue in and out would have been better. It's just too bold of an image and doesn't blend at all.
It could be worse.
1631593320538.png

montyz81

Here is a look at the full length of the monorail

Monorail_Full_44012.jpg
All I see here is Bob Cheapek being too cheap to cover the entire thing. Yeah, I know he didn't order this one thing, but his pennies on the dollar spending is showing through loud and clear on the 50th celebration. Hell, Tron was a mid budget film, but they managed to wrap two entire trains and even put out a toy with both wraps on it.
1631625441930.png
1631625340526.png

TTA94

That's an After Hours event, right? IIRC, isn't the Christmas After Hours at MK going to have a parade? Seems like they think it is fine with the lower crowds or at least fewer days compared to a daily parade during park hours.

But I look forward to FoF returning and would e nice to actually see a new parade for the 50th (even a borrowed one from DLR).

Hopefully the return of MOUACT in November is a good sign and we’ll see FoF return shortly after. Of course it greatly depends on what’s holding FoF back in the first place.

TTA94

All I see here is Bob Cheapek being too cheap to cover the entire thing. Yeah, I know he didn't order this one thing, but his pennies on the dollar spending is showing through loud and clear on the 50th celebration. Hell, Tron was a mid budget film, but they managed to wrap two entire trains and even put out a toy with both wraps on it.
View attachment 586953View attachment 586951

Maybe we will see this once again when Tron opens at MK?

montyz81

I honestly think that monorail looks terrible. It's just a giant sticker that they slapped on the front and back when they could have done so much more and so much more creatively.

Does anyone think that there's any other big announcements to be made prior to the first?
Yes. Illuminations is coming back and Mission Space is going to be torn down to make way for Horizons..... What an anniversary present!

Just kidding.

Disone

I honestly think that monorail looks terrible. It's just a giant sticker that they slapped on the front and back when they could have done so much more and so much more creatively.

Does anyone think that there's any other big announcements to be made prior to the first?
I will stop short of saying it looks terrible. I will say I am underwhelmed by it. Gold's wrap was not an advertised part of the 50th. If it was "and as part of our 50th Anniversary's Most Magical Celebration we will be wrapping up Monorail gold with some extra pixie dust...." kind of thing then this would be disappointing. As a "surprise" its just eh. I appreciated they did it, but at the same time..... yawn.

Cesar R M

Received my first ever 'MagicBand' in the mail today.
The special '50th Anniversary' edition....sole reason i bought it.

Just noticed a surprise bonus -
Did not know this until now, but the band design ALSO includes the Three Headed Troll from 'Malestrom'.
Oh....my.....gosh.......

😮

View attachment 586799

Okay, i will stop posting now....feel like i'm 'spamming' the thread!

-
How do I purchase one from you? should I pay you via paypal? XD

Figments Friend

Also scored some of the now available McDonald's '50th Anniversary' figures earlier today before work.
I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the photo background that comes with each figure is 'leticular'...and not just a cardboard still photo.
So as you tilt the image, it 'magically transforms' from a day to night scene.
Pretty cool, and a nice touch.

Walked up to my local Mc,D's location this morning, despite no signage whatsoever being in place for the promotion, and asked the manager at the front counter what do they have for figures.

She went out back, took a couple of photos of the cases they had, and returned to let me choose which ones i liked.
They had two different cases, with four different figures in each one.
So i had eight choices.

Ended up going with two Mickey's ( one of the few i was looking for ), one Abu, one Timothy, and a Flounder.
# 1, #2, #3, and #4 respectively.
They also had Dante the dog from 'Coco, ol' Frozone, and a couple others i wasn't keen on.
These were #20, #21, etc....for those curious.

The 50th Anniversary Happy Meal boxes were MIA.
I was told they did'nt have them in yet, and i could see they had a large stack of the 'generics' on hand behind the counter.
I will be back next week.....

-

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My husband went to a couple McDonald's in our area. None of the McDonald's by us will sell the toys without the meal, so I guess we will be eating some Happy Meals! Anyway, he was able to get us a Mickey, Flounder, Timothy Mouse, and a Simba. Only one of the meals came in a 50th box. My sister went to one of the same McD's as my husband but about an hour later and was only able to get Mickey and Timothy. Both my husband and sister reported the McDonald's workers as being really snippy with them about the toys. I honestly believe my husband was polite about order, but he thinks they might be getting a lot of pushy people asking about the toys.

Oh and my sister said she got the chocolate milk with one of her meals and it had a special 50th design to the carton.

Figments Friend

What other "selected hotels" have the earlier time?
I assume the Shades of Green, Waldorf Astoria and Dolphin/Swan ?

Full list of all Resorts that qualify for 'Early Entry' -

• Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort
  • Disney's Pop Century Resort
  • The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
  • The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney's BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
  • Disney's Beach Club Villas
  • Disney's BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
  • Disney’s Riviera Resort
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
  • Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
  • Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
  • Shades of Green® on Walt Disney World® Resort
  • Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
  • Waldorf Astoria Orlando
  • B Resort & Spa Lake Buena Vista
  • DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando
  • Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace
  • Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
  • Holiday Inn Orlando
  • Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista
  • Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
  • Four Seasons Resort Orlando
-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom