Indiana Jones Land?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wow. Do you have any other stories from your time on the Disney Board of Directors?
It’s been 3 years and the evidence hasn’t exactly built a better case for you.
At some point…it is what it is. Nothing he said - while speculative - can be proven to be false. The appeal definitely diminished from the films …very hard to argue against that.

time will tell…and it probably won’t be kind to your Aunt Kathy.

it’s a little better now…at least. Arrow up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For awhile at least. I don’t think they had any plan to invest in Animal Kingdom in the immediate future after Covid hit. At least, not according to some on this site.

I have no doubt that this decision to “bring back” the puppet show is as fresh as the fisherman’s morning catch. But was it because of backlash for taking the original away? Or was it because of the increased speculation about a new land, a land that they don’t want to pay for right now?

I saw more talk of the latter on social media.
Dak isn’t getting anything…I would ask our resident soothsayer if he’s heard anything?…but I bet “no”

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It’s been 3 years and the evidence hasn’t exactly built a better case for you.
At some point…it is what it is. Nothing he said - while speculative - can be proven to be false. The appeal definitely diminished from the films …very hard to argue against that.

time will tell…and it probably won’t be kind to your Aunt Kathy.

it’s a little better now…at least. Arrow up.
There's no public evidence that I'm wrong. And I can't even be wrong when my point is: We don't know what's happening behind closed corporate doors. I'm not saying KK is being applauded in whatever room she enters. I'm saying there's no public evidence that she was in straits. Just whispers. And she hasn't been fired. And may have her contract renewed.

The response to that is some sort of tortured fantasy of why Disney CEOs are keeping on someone they despise.

With zero evidence.

Well, maybe the only evidence the Disney will keep on a failed movie executive is Alan Horn's tenure.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There's no public evidence that I'm wrong. And I can't even be wrong when my point is: We don't know what's happening behind closed corporate doors. I'm not saying KK is being applauded in whatever room she enters. I'm saying there's no public evidence that she was in straits. Just whispers. And she hasn't been fired. And may have her contract renewed.

The response to that is some sort of tortured fantasy of why Disney CEOs are keeping on someone they despise.

With zero evidence.

Well, maybe the only evidence the Disney will keep on a failed movie executive is Alan Horn's tenure.
I’ll concede that…it’s settled down.

the thing batted around is she going to be just the admin with creatives like favreau having full autonomy on their projects?

that could be a great thing. She’s an experienced admin…not a creative. “Movie Bob”

But here’s the thing: that sequel trilogy is not well regarded. The numbers…the sales…the appeal…the now longterm reactions…and the park response.

and the solo “trilogy” flopped and is a “one-ogy”

so that is written.

now what I worry is some rumblings that some genius wants to do new material for + with Ridley or boyega?

no, no, tonedeaf. They are done. They are less in demand than mark hamill 1988…and people liked those movies and watched them again…on NBC with commercials.

even the largest corporations can’t make reality.

ok…no more of this nonsense.

damn…no refrigerator drop simulator…I guess?☹️

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’ll tag our friend and his take…which I prefer not to do unless it’s actually warranted (some people tag him 8 times a day for nonsense)

what do you think, @marni1971 ?
Pre covid there was budget allocated for last year and budget allocated for middle of the decade - the latter being large even for Glendale. One can only hope Chapek maintains the plans.

britain

Meh:..so the idea is that Indy land will go in using the two slots?

perhaps…but there’s the little problem that CTX is the exact same as IJA…meaning it would be a reskin at best and then they’d do a one attraction Indy add on?

…don’t think that’s gonna move the needle. Much to the chagrin of middle aged cranks like me🤪

At the very least, it would make it a pleasant area to be in. As opposed to what’s there right now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Here’s a scary thought: I know Shanghai’s Zootopia is based on Test Track, but could The plot and show elements be adapted for Dinosaur’s EMV?

What if THAT’s the reskin? Rather than Indy!?

🥺

I could be wrong, but I feel like that would be too much effort for them.
Zootoopia in dak is starting to get the attention that only Beastly kingdom and fire mountain got before it…

I guess thunder Mesa too? 🤔

ppete1975

Pre covid there was budget allocated for last year and budget allocated for middle of the decade - the latter being large even for Glendale. One can only hope Chapek maintains the plans.
Do you think we will hear anything new at Destination D23 or next years D23 expo for the domestic parks?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
#ThanksBob
Make sure you focus on the right target:

1631641665963.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom