Troubling Party Season Update

bcoachable

This is my issue- to host any “after hours event” you must close the park early- thus de-valuing any “day ticket” that someone may purchase… anyone feel like explaining how this is ok? I don’t understand how that is acceptable. Maybe if I could purchase a discounted ticket on days that after hour events will be hosted….
F00DB49C-0914-44B6-B832-85694F45DD22.png

CaptainAmerica

This is my issue- to host any “after hours event” you must close the park early- thus de-valuing any “day ticket” that someone may purchase… anyone feel like explaining how this is ok? I don’t understand how that is acceptable. Maybe if I could purchase a discounted ticket on days that after hour events will be hosted….
View attachment 586680
Did someone lie to you when your purchased your day tickets and tell you that park hours were something other than what they ended up being?

mattpeto

View attachment 586680

Or could switch to a split-stay for Monday and Tuesday's night and enjoy Evening Hours benefit.

It's not a bad thing to throw the guests spending at least $500 night an additional benefit.

ImperfectPixie

1. No

2. Even if I did, there's no guarantee of particular park hours when you buy a ticket.
Your question insinuates that park hours never change. They change often, and I've had more than one trip that saw park hours reduced AFTER booking.

Did someone lie to you when your purchased your day tickets and tell you that park hours were something other than what they ended up being?

Andrew M

They took away so much compared to the previous parties that I can't justify the $160/person vs. when it used to be cheaper than a regular park ticket. Even if they just kept the early access to 4pm like the old Halloween parties, I could justify it. That's 3 more hours in the park, and is definitely more of a replacement for a full park day on a trip.

But between the price, reduced hours and significantly reduced entertainment, it just doesn't make sense.

Lilofan

Your question insinuates that park hours never change. They change often, and I've had more than one trip that saw park hours reduced AFTER booking.
Back in the day pre covid, WDW used to host companies, trade show participants to stay in the resorts and with a lot of money can rent out parts of theme parks at night after attending business meetings during the day. Park hours could be the same but some parts of the park is off limits due to convention folks having private gatherings. Also in December, Magic Kingdom closes at 4pm to all guests on one day due to cast members having their party / awards etc in the evening.

CaptainAmerica

I’m gonna drop $160 x5 , then asked to leave that evening cause WDW wants to selll the parks twice on the day I choose?? Not cool…
Except these new after hours events have REVERSED that policy. Disney had been closing the parks at 6pm for MNSSHP, and now they're leaving them open until 9pm on after hours nights. This new setup has benefited folks like you.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I’ve got a crazy idea.... how about you leave the parks open late for everyone! And during Holiday Seasons, you have special holiday decorations and entertainment.... for everyone!!!

That’s crazy talk. Think about the shareholders!! If we don’t look out for them by paying for extras that used to be included, and spend atrocious amounts of money on exorbitantly priced food, beverages, and merchandise, who will?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom