News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

UNCgolf

I need to think it through, but off the top of my head, the two worst value products in all of Disney Parks are Be Our Guest breakfast, and the Park View rooms at Grand Cali that overlook Sky School.

Oof, that Be Our Guest breakfast. We did that a few years ago because we wanted to see the restaurant (and also get in the park early; I think it was an 8 AM reservation with a 9 AM opening).

I wasn't actually that impressed with the restaurant interior overall -- it has some neat details, but it's so big and full of people that it feels a bit like a cafeteria. Regardless, the food was mediocre at best and worth maybe 1/5 of what they charged for it. You're essentially just paying for the location and the location isn't good enough to make it worth it.

TikibirdLand

No, but neither one should be in a Disney theme park.
Well, PW is better with it's theming. As I've said multiple times, PW was a must do every time we visited AK. So, there's a good reason for a ride like this. We're (well I'm) not big roller-coaster enthusiasts. So, PW and SDD are right up our alley.

Guess that's more reason for us to visit DLR and DCA -- if we go to Disney again.

Bocabear

YES! the park needs more definitely! Maybe a Pacific Islands section with tidal pool exhibits instead of the discovery trails Pacific Islander village and a rollercoaster based on Te Fiti's Fiery revenge. Would be a great addition and add tons of capacity and beautiful cultural design...

RSoxNo1

I wonder what Imagineer will be put in charge of the next DAK expansion. They're going to have some big shoes to fill...the fans won't be able to help themselves comparing them to Joe.
From an art direction standpoint, I think it's conceivable that Chris Beatty could handle it. I'm not sure he's beloved around these parts, but his art direction is pretty on point.

Suspirian

Joining the discussion 28 pages in. 🙋‍♂️

Would a total re-theme to Central America work (we have Asia and Africa)? The jungle-ish foliage is there, especially around Cretaceous Trail. Re-theme Dinosaur to the Indy ride, turn Restaurant-o-saurus into the Adventurers Club, make the Boneyard into a Mayan/Incan (whatever works geographically since I'm foggy there) excavation site...

Any takers? 😁

I've seen this discussed a lot with the Indy rumor, but I haven't seen anyone mention that a conversion of the Dinoland area to South America wouldn't really require a retheme/or removal of Dinosaur. A good portion of the dinos that make an appearance are also found in South America.

gerarar

Premium Member
Something’s happening…
Hopefully not for an installation of a Lightning Lane sign ;)

701E413E-790F-40FC-8072-9F27990A3CB1.jpeg

cookiee_munster

YES! the park needs more definitely! Maybe a Pacific Islands section with tidal pool exhibits instead of the discovery trails Pacific Islander village and a rollercoaster based on Te Fiti's Fiery revenge. Would be a great addition and add tons of capacity and beautiful cultural design...

It only occurred to me the other day, that had they gone with the original plan for the park and gone with beastly kingdom, that would have meant them going with having continents as each land. Beastly being Europe, Dinoland being North America, leaving South America and Australia as possible future phases. There's still hope that either of them can go on that large plot just north of Kali River Rapids. in fact, it's so big that the chance of both lands going in that area may be possible... may.

As much as I love Pandora i can't help but feel irked that the continent idea has kind of been dashed...

Brer Panther

Okay, am I the only one who really does not like the idea of shoving Moana into Disney's Animal Kingdom? Even Zootopia would be a better addition than that...

ULPO46

Sometimes y'all really make me laugh with these rumors. Indeed with Joes retirement its going to be some massive shoes to fill at Imagineering, after all DAK is Joe's Pet Project along with Aulani. However with all other Disney Legends the company will continue to move on, evolve, and get brighter with each new imagineer. Imagineering has definitely evolved over the years and if there's something great about the Worlds Largest Theme Park is that there is still plenty of room to grow, design, and elevate without tearing down and rebuilding. Sure Dinoland may get a overhaul someday but it won't be changed to something that's too unrecognizable. Moana is already coming to EPCOT much to some within ranks feeling it's out of place, but that's the beauty of imagineering. When things go right no one complains. Pandora took nearly 6 years from conception to open and yet even though it's an alien world, it fits perfectly with DAK's philosophy of conservation. At imagineering anything is possible so long as there are bright minds still creating and a corporate overlord willing to fund projects. But I can agree who ever comes next will always be compared to his or her predecessor it's always been that way from Eisner to Iger to Chapek, it all comes down to who is more willing to challenge and create what no one else has before them. Thats where the future 50 years of the WDW Resort are heading and what ever does come out from the construction of these empty buildings and attractions will for sure wildly bewilder our guest for years to come.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom