Imagineers finding new ways to bring larger than life characters to the parks

brb1006

I wonder what the list of characters would be?

The wampa from Star Wars clearly, Ralph? Hulk at Avengers Campus? Louis the Alligator for Splash Mountain area?

Regardless, seeing updates to character options is always exciting to me. Especially if they're making them look less and less like people in costumes.
How about The Abominable Snowman from Monsters Inc?
35194_normal.jpg

Snowcones anybody?

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

Not likely to get any better. Their friends and family perks were just taken away. (I would link it but the site is censored here)
I totally believe it.

I know Reedy Creek employees used to get a maingate pass plus three guests every year. That was probably taken away by Disney too..

Figments Friend

It's kind of odd that they would even advertise this. They've always shown behind the scenes on attractions and animatronics, but have always treated any character performer as "real".

Agree.
Felt the same way when this video was released a while back and we were discussing it elsewhere.

One of the few times the 'magic of the characters' is being 'ruined' in a official company release...
These are indeed unprecedented times from a certain perspective.

-

dreday3

Agree.
Felt the same way when this video was released a while back and we were discussing it elsewhere.

One of the few times the 'magic of the characters' is being 'ruined' in a official company release...
These are indeed unprecedented times from a certain perspective.

-

I guess a lot of the behind the attraction shows are out of the question for you too?

Anyone young enough to still believe, this video would go over their head and most likely not even be watched by them.

Anyone else can make the conscious decision not to watch.

Personally I think it's interesting.

Figments Friend

I guess a lot of the behind the attraction shows are out of the question for you too?

Anyone young enough to still believe, this video would go over their head and most likely not even be watched by them.

Anyone else can make the conscious decision not to watch.

Personally I think it's interesting.

Oh i am all for behind the scenes programs when it comes to movies, Theme Park Attractions, , stage shows, and animated /costume/animatronic characters.
It's in my 'background', and i have always enjoyed seeing such things even though i work in a similar field.

But seeing some things that 'expose' what some consider the 'magic of the characters' related to Disney's Parks is sometimes jarring to view when it presents said characters in a light the public isn't really supposed to see.
I guess i am just too 'old school Walt Disney Productions'....but back in the day, the public was never supposed to see such things.
Times have changed of course....

-

dreday3

Oh i am all for behind the scenes programs when it comes to movies, Theme Park Attractions, , stage shows, and animated /costume/animatronic characters.
It's in my 'background', and i have always enjoyed seeing such things even though i work in a similar field.

But seeing some things that 'expose' what some consider the 'magic of the characters' related to Disney's Parks is sometimes jarring to view when it presents said characters in a light the public isn't really supposed to see.
I guess i am just too 'old school Walt Disney Productions'....but back in the day, the public was never supposed to see such things.
Times have changed of course....

-

No I get it. I can understand it ruining the magic.

For myself, it's interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom