Troubling Party Season Update

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Which show? The new one? If you mean that one (the one with the annoying "lets ring the bells!") then I agree with you. However, I loved Celebrate the Season, which was the old one ("let's have a joyous celebration!").
The one with a song about cell phones. The kids turned to me during the show and said, “can we ride Space Mountain?” I said, “yes, please.”

VJ

everyone: there's no way chapek would do away with fastpass!
chapek and d'amaro: wanna bet?
everyone: there's no way chapek would replace MNSSHP and MVMCP with after-hours parties!
chapek and d'amaro: wanna bet?

don't count your chickens before they hatch, cause chapek and d'amaro want to make their mark on the walt disney company

and it won't be pretty

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I said the other day that I'd be happy if they kept the After Hours and price tag as the "new party" but they actually need to follow through with limiting the crowds.
They should also bring back the stage shows. They would be more enjoyable without the over crowding.
If people want to watch a stage show but didn't want to pay the price tag or could not get a ticket due to the limited amount sold then they can watch it on youtube.
I think society has become too accustomed to everyone getting what they want all the time and that's not always how life works.

Dan Deesnee

I said the other day that I'd be happy if they kept the After Hours and price tag as the "new party" but they actually need to follow through with limiting the crowds.
They should also bring back the stage shows. They would be more enjoyable without the over crowding.
If people want to watch a stage show but didn't want to pay the price tag or could not get a ticket due to the limited amount sold then they can watch it on youtube.
I think society has become too accustomed to everyone getting what they want all the time and that's not always how life works.

But maybe that should be how it works when you pay $200 per person to go to something like these after hours events?

TerriLM

I know I don't post on here much but I have been thinking about this. Looking back I think this has been in the works for awhile. In 2019 we made a last minute trip to attend a MNSSHP in September. We were shocked how crowded it was compared to when we went about 6 and 7 years prior, and I sent an email to guest services. I was contacted regarding my email and in that time was brought up how I had attended After Hours the summer prior and Villains After Hours just the month before. I was questioned in length about how I felt about crowds for each event, pricing for what we got out of each event and if we felt we got what we paid for. I admit I said my favorite was the normal After Hours and I felt the price was best for that. I have a feeling Covid was just the reason to be able to pull off the switch from the parties we all know.

M:SpilotISTC12

None of this is surprising. I don’t necessarily view it as bad either depending on how you enjoy MK. I love the After Hours. If the pricing is similar to normal park prices, I'd rather do the AH. I can get more done in less time and less stupid Genie+ hoops to jump through. It gives me the closest thing to the old style of enjoying the parks. Then again we are an annual one or two park in a week trip family. So it's preferred for us.

mattpeto

Do we think that it's just going to be Halloween and Christmas AH parties going forward? I don't..

Maybe Villians After Hours or a 50th AH party debuts in the Spring?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I’m sure many will say, “saw this coming,” but I’m told Chapek has paid some attention to after hours parties and decided that, going forward, he wants to give guests what they’ve been asking for. We’ve been complaining that parties are too crowded for years. Apparently, After Hours events will be the plan going forward, although they can keep some entertainment (e.g. parade and fireworks, but not stage show; or some other mix—closer to this year’s Christmas event than Boo Bash).

Crowd levels will be very limited and cost will be in the $150-200 range moving forward.

Disneyland gets to do this, too. Disneylanders will love that...

Grain of salt, of course.
bob-chapek-robot_1-6081337-scaled.jpg

I'm getting a lot of mileage out of this picture this week.

jrhwdw

Do we think that it's just going to be Halloween and Christmas AH parties going forward? I don't..

Maybe Villians After Hours or a 50th AH party debuts in the Spring?
What would that be? Just another showing of 50th Cal./Enchantment? Or something Big like a return of a Night Parade? LOL!

Halloween is harder at start of the season with Sunset times but, IDK why MK can't do HEA/Enchantment at the earliest possible time, then go into the Parties. It doesn't have to labeled AH, after Day Guest Pyro, does it? I'm sure MK has time for at least 1 showing of Parade, Castle Show and Seasonal Fireworks without cutting anything for Day Guests!

dreday3

If this is the route they plan to go, then what they should do is have the Halloween and Christmas parades during regular night hours for all to see. Would make for a fun Halloween and Christmas season for everyone!
Then concentrate the after-hours on exactly what they are - a low crowd experience with getting in a lot of rides. Maybe give each it's special fireworks, treats, a show etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom