Enchant Key & Pirate Pass: New AP Names Challenge

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
We’ve known about the new lame, corny, and cliché names that were given to the passes of the new Disneyland annual pass program for weeks now. Shoutout to @Collectingbees for calling out Disney for their laziness with the terms and rhetoric they constantly use EVERY YEAR. For without that comment, @CaptinEO wouldn’t have mentioned some of the now infamous (here at the DLR forum) WDW AP names, which are so ghastly that it’s laughable, literally.

It took less than one hour for WDW’s Pirate Pass to become the latest running joke here over in these parts. The laziness, lack of creativity, and the randomness of this name has made sure of this. Incredi-Pass is awful as well, but at least the play on words is obvious, albeit corny and overdone. Pirate Pass has “pirate” in its name for no significant reason, other than to give Disney an excuse to use “aargh” in the promotion on the website, which is hysterical.

I challenge anyone to come up with new names for all eight passes/keys between both the DLR and WDW. Keep them as original and clever as possible. This shouldn’t be too difficult, as it’s been shown time and time again that many people here can come up with much better ideas and concepts than what Disney has been putting out over the past 5+years.

As a reminder, here are the names Disney has graced us with:

DLR
-Dream Key Pass
-Believe Key Pass
-Enchant Key
-Imagine Key Pass

WDW
-Disney Pixie Dust Pass
-Disney Pirate Pass (💀)
-Disney Sorcerer Pass
-Disney Incredi-Pass

Get to it, ya scurvy scum! Aargh!!

03089377-EB25-4D1A-86C3-0606D0AC5C95.gif

TP2000

We’ve known about the new lame, corny, and cliché names that were given to the passes of the new Disneyland annual pass program for weeks now. Shoutout to @Collectingbees for calling out Disney for their laziness with the terms and rhetoric they constantly use EVERY YEAR. For without that comment, @CaptinEO wouldn’t have mentioned some of the now infamous (here at the DLR forum) WDW AP names, which are so ghastly that it’s laughable, literally.

I think the nadir was actually about a decade ago when the Disneyland Hotel changed the decades-old tower names to similar meaningless corporate drivel. Magic Tower, Dream Tower, Wonder Tower. Or whatever they were, until they got proper names that helped with paying guest wayfinding and actually meant something.

But your point is extremely valid. 2021 "Disney" only seems to have a corporate nomenclature made up of two dozen words. And they just swap those words around for anything and everything, from cruise ships to AP levels to upcharged dessert bars.

Do these people not realize they are undermining and cheapening their own brand?

I challenge anyone to come up with new names for all eight passes/keys between both the DLR and WDW. Keep them as original and clever as possible. This shouldn’t be too difficult, as it’s been shown time and time again that many people here can come up with much better ideas and concepts than what Disney has been putting out over the past 5+years.

It might be the Pinot Noir talking after an evening of laundry, but... challenge accepted!

As a reminder, here are the names Disney has graced us with:

DLR
-Dream Key Pass
-Believe Key Pass
-Enchant Key Pass
-Imagine Key Pass

I'm only going to try for the Disneyland Resort names. Because that's what I care about most. And also the Pinot Noir is talking...

DLR
- Club 55 Key Pass
- Magic Kingdom Club Key Pass
- Happiness Key Pass
- SoCal Key Pass
(honestly, we should all feel lucky this one is even a thing)

I'm thinking there's a few top-tier benefits you could offer for only the "club" level passes, Club '55 or Magic Kingdom Club. And they might be interchangable with the similar levels out at WDW, a Club '71 level and maybe the same level at WDW is also called Magic Kingdom Club level? That way you'd get some similarity and shared benefits across the coasts. But the two lower levels, Happiness Key and SoCal Key, would be dedicated to DLR only and would be meaningless out at WDW. And Vice-Versa for whatever their two lower levels are.

Last edited:

waltography

Soarin' Around the World Pass (SoCal Residents only)
Soaring Over the Horizon Pass
Soaring: Fantastic Flight Pass
Soarin' Over California Pass

The bonus for this naming system is it exposes that the first three passes are basically the same with minimal perks thrown in.

Dear Prudence

Honestly all of Chapek's names for things are actually perfectly suited for toys. It's his area of expertise.

A "Pixar Pal Around" or "Web Slingerz a Spiderman Adventure" sound like good fun standout names for toys on retail shelves. I think he needs to stop applying this logic to theme parks as it's a different entity.

Heck even Web Slingers was made to reuse a failed toy line from Chapek himself.
He doesn't even know l the names of the Princesses. A 5 year old is better suited as CEO, IMO

flynnibus

Premium Member
The names were called out as stupid from the moment they were posted...

While 'Disney' - They lack all real functionality

- They don't convey any relevance to their purpose
- They don't convey any relative position to each other (level 1 vs level 2)
- They don't convey any relative worth vs each other (gold vs silver)
- They don't set themselves up to meaningful shorthand
- They don't set themsevels up to be easy to recall or organize to each other
- The names do not create an association the holder would want to self-identify with

In short - for a system that needs to convey relative value and order... they do none of that. It's like they took a 'famous disney words poll' and just threw them on without any rhyme or reason.

DLR92

It a shame WDW gotten lame names for passport. 🤮🤮🤮🤮

I created more in-tune with DL passport naming along with Disney related IP
Illusionary Magic Pass
Dreamers Pass
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Pass
Galactic Cosmic Space Pass

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom