The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Lego is pretty strict on available colors. They'll regularly phase out colors and bring new ones (or old ones) back. Disney could've said "rose gold" and the closest Lego had was pink. Rather then risk it and have a very pink castle, stick to the white.

Edit: Actually, here's an two good articles on how color selection happens:
If it were recolored Light Nougat and Bright Blue...
recolor.jpg

Still Terrible. (Just like the castle!)

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member

Giss Neric

Hmmm I'm not that sold on the new song. I guess I'm expecting a more upbeat tune kinda like Live the Magic from Disneyland's 60th. But if they're leaning more towards emotion than celebration then I guess it's good

Speedy71

I mean technically they're not wrong WE "are the magic." with how much they wring us for cash.

TTA94

Hmmm I'm not that sold on the new song. I guess I'm expecting a more upbeat tune kinda like Live the Magic from Disneyland's 60th. But if they're leaning more towards emotion than celebration then I guess it's good

Was hoping for something more upbeat to, not just another HEA. Hopefully Harmonious will have a more upbeat song, but I think that will have the same tone to.

kevlightyear

Here's my hot conspiracy take:

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

The 50 characters *started* as an idea for happy meal toys, and then at some point a parks exec was like, "Our 50th plans kinda suck, can we make big versions of those toys for the parks?" And an imagineer or someone pushed back and said, "Shouldn't we include some WDW characters?" And the exec said, "Ugh, fine, you can have two."

hpyhnt 1000

No Fab50 Kermit or any Muppet representation whatsoever, is absolutely WRONG. The disrespect is sad.
The whole statue thing, from the characters chosen to some of the designs to the roll out with daily "announcements" by different TWDC folks, has been underwhelming and sorta baffling. A lot of effort and coordination went into something most guests will probably completely miss.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, these should have just been some "extra magic" scattered around the resort with maybe a quick post on the Parks Blog.

JohnD

The whole statue thing, from the characters chosen to some of the designs to the roll out with daily "announcements" by different TWDC folks, has been underwhelming and sorta baffling. A lot of effort and coordination went into something most guests will probably completely miss.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, these should have just been some "extra magic" scattered around the resort with maybe a quick post on the Parks Blog.

The park guides should add info about them, similar to the topiary locations in the Epcot F&G guides. Or create a book for all 50 for distribution in all the parks.

Brer Panther

Honestly, I'm still surprised that Tiana - or ANY character from The Princess and the Frog - didn't get a statue, what with how much Disney is suddenly pushing her at the moment.
Here's my hot conspiracy take:

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

The 50 characters *started* as an idea for happy meal toys, and then at some point a parks exec was like, "Our 50th plans kinda suck, can we make big versions of those toys for the parks?" And an imagineer or someone pushed back and said, "Shouldn't we include some WDW characters?" And the exec said, "Ugh, fine, you can have two."
That makes so much sense.

Rescue Ranger

The only one that makes absolutely no sense to me is Rocket & Groot. Absolutely 0 history in Walt Disney World. And Why Frozone AND Edna? And Joe Gardener with practically nothing in the parks. Then certain films getting multiple statues. Why them yet leave out park staple characters like Muppets, UP, Bug's Life, Avatar, POTC, Haunted Mansion, or Princess and the Frog?

Just an odd list for something representing Walt Disney World.

Very happy Figment at least is included. As well as Orange Bird. Miracle.

Cesar R M

The only one that makes absolutely no sense to me is Rocket & Groot. Absolutely 0 history in Walt Disney World. And Why Frozone AND Edna? And Joe Gardener with practically nothing in the parks. Then certain films getting multiple statues. Why them yet leave out park staple characters like Muppets, UP, Bug's Life, Avatar, POTC, Haunted Mansion, or Princess and the Frog?

Just an odd list for something representing Walt Disney World.

Very happy Figment at least is included. As well as Orange Bird. Miracle.
I'm surprised about orange bird considering its clouded story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom