News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Inspired Figment

nothing was “accidental” except the popularity of figment
Uh.. what?! They clearly developed Figment to be popular and unique to said park & one that was a catalyst to a ride about the real world concept of Imagination. What I think you meant was “accidental” was not creating & marketing more characters like him to begin with…
Now if we can talk about any “mistakes” here.. it’d be the moment they thought shoehorning & advertising film IP into that pavilion via Honey I Shrunk the Audience (as the main attraction, I might add..) & treating free spirited creativity & Figment like they were a nuisance or a problem for putting that lousy IP retheme idea on blast when they changed it (rightfully so, I might add) was a good idea. Now ‘that’ had a big impact on the ride & rest of the desecration of EPCOT for the past couple decades or so…

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Jim Cummings was the narrator for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, not Corey.
They know that.. they were just using Corey Burton as an example of what they would’ve rather heard. Speaking of which, Figment was voiced by Corey in the line queue videos and the finale of Journey into YOUR Imagination also and sounded spot on to Billy Barty. If Figment was supposed be hosting it along with Dreamfinder, possibly Corey being the main announcer that introduces the show., that’s the direction they should’ve gone.. but they didn’t.. so there ya have it. Tbh though, probably best they didn’t either because of that terrible ending. Would much rather we get them for a better night time spectacular that’s perhaps more like Reflections of Earth but includes Future World & it’s pavilions along with the World Showcase pavilions

VJ

They know that.. they were just using Corey Burton as an example of what they would’ve rather heard. Speaking of which, Figment was voiced by Corey in the line queue videos and the finale of Journey into YOUR Imagination also and sounded spot on to Billy Barty.
Okay.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Uh.. what?! They clearly developed Figment to be popular and unique to said park & one that was a catalyst to a ride about the real world concept of Imagination. What I think you meant was “accidental” was not creating & marketing more characters like him to begin with…
Now if we can talk about any “mistakes” here.. it’d be the moment they thought shoehorning & advertising film IP into that pavilion via Honey I Shrunk the Audience (as the main attraction, I might add..) & treating free spirited creativity & Figment like they were a nuisance or a problem for putting that lousy IP retheme idea on blast (rightfully so, I might add) was a good idea. Now ‘that’ had a big impact on the the ride & rest of the desecration of EPCOT for the past couple decades or so…
You’re being too literal…I was tongue in cheek about figment.

though you never know exactly what would play in the late 70’s

mightynine

If they are truly giving up on the daytime fountain idea, they could at least put something up on the screens during the day, some abstract colors or the like. Maybe even something akin to the animations that used to run at Earth Station back in the day.

Just say "It's for the 'Gram" and it'll get approved with the quickness.

Or maybe my joke from ages ago about the tacos being your new tip/time boards won't be too far off after all....

techgeek

"Who's idea was it to block that great advertising space with a buncha dancing water!"
Btw, Vegas somehow figured out how to do a decent daytime water show(and nighttime one)

The Bellagio fountains are 20+ years old at this point, and still impress. You’d think WDI would have been able to imagine a display that could at least match that in style and awe… with all of their bottomless resources and budget, experience with the World of Color rig, the legacy of innovative fountains at the Imagination pavilion, Fountain of Nations (back when it was maintained)… Instead we got sprinklers on a oil rig. It truly boggles the mind how this could have gone so badly.

Vegas Disney Fan

There are dry docks capable of lowering and raising aircraft carriers, how hard would it have been to sink some dry docks into the lagoon that allowed them to simply lower and raise the barges by raising and lowering the water level inside?

The Panama Canal raises and lowers dozens of ships (a thousand times the size of these barges) every day.

Disney has (had?) the most imaginative people In the world, why didn’t they foresee these issues and plan ahead?

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There are dry docks capable of lowering and raising aircraft carriers, how hard would it have been to sink some dry docks into the lagoon that allowed them to simply lower and raise the barges by raising and lowering the water level inside?

The Panama Canal raises and lowers dozens of ships (a thousand times the size of these barges) every day.

Disney has (had?) the most imaginative people In the world, why didn’t they foresee these issues and plan ahead?
It’s not that deep

pdude81

I'm sure they aren't looking to dig and potentially destabilize the lagoon, but even if they were, you'd need all those electronics to be fine living under the water for hours at a time, and then all the visual maintenance associated with it. This isn't two or 3 feet of lights and water pipes we're talking about.

It'd be far more straightforward to widen the canal they intended to take these in and out through. Or..... build the barges slightly smaller.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom