Creations Shop opening this summer

Rich Brownn

I guess that makes sense to some degree, though I still think making a point that "you can see the brushstrokes and movement directly from the artist’s hands" and then refusing to name the artist because they all work for the Walt Disney Company and that's the only name that matters reads as weirdly cold and corporate.
If I recall correctly, the only signed piece of artwork is the ceramic mural inside the castle.

AMartin7777

That mural is hideous. Purposely looks like someone who is doing an impression of drawing Mikey who can't really draw him. The coloring for his face is bizarre.

I don't get it.

SpoiledBlueMilk

That mural is hideous. Purposely looks like someone who is doing an impression of drawing Mikey who can't really draw him. The coloring for his face is bizarre.

I don't get it.
I can accept the coloring, but the face is off-putting, like a knock-off Mickey you see painted on walls of pre-schools in the Caribbean. In its very essence, drawing Mickey is just a matter of following some intersecting circles, but so much can go wrong there. But that's why Disney artists are the caliber they are - they can draw a Mickey.....or at least should be able to....

Inspired Figment

It’s usually a tradition in the parks to not mention individual artists/imagineers contributions to projects and leave it as a collective effort of the organization. “There’s only one name above the door and it’s Walt’s”.
While that may have been a well intended tradition to go with.. the only problem with that is, you’d want to know who was responsible for creating what. IMO, it would’ve been a lot better, Particuarly on the theme park attraction side of things, to write or feature credits for everybody someplace. Either or both on a database and somewhere in the attraction, much like most of their films. Yes, Disney/The Walt Disney Company/Walt Disney Imagineering would be at the forefront as a collective effort, ‘but’ at the same time it’s giving proper credit to those involved.

castlecake2.0

While that may have been a well intended tradition to go with.. the only problem with that is, you’d want to know who was responsible for creating what. IMO, it would’ve been a lot better, Particuarly on the theme park attraction side of things, to write or feature credits for everybody someplace. Either or both on a database and somewhere in the attraction, much like most of their films. Yes, Disney/The Walt Disney Company/Walt Disney Imagineering would be at the forefront as a collective effort, ‘but’ at the same time it’s giving proper credit to those involved.
Not how WDI operates at this time

Sir_Cliff

I can accept the coloring, but the face is off-putting, like a knock-off Mickey you see painted on walls of pre-schools in the Caribbean. In its very essence, drawing Mickey is just a matter of following some intersecting circles, but so much can go wrong there. But that's why Disney artists are the caliber they are - they can draw a Mickey.....or at least should be able to....
Well, this is what an on-model Mickey looks like now anyway:

Mickey-Mouse-.jpg

phillip9698

It looks like the current Mickey as seen in the shorts.

lazyboy97o

Not how WDI operates at this time
Providing a list of credits to be published is required to be considered for a Thea Award. The credits for award recipients are published in the Thea Awards Program.

mightynine

These marquees leverage World Bold font, further tying all our signs and wayfinding into a consistent typography unique to EPCOT.
Such an innovative idea they….did it when the park opened.

Wonder when the drift will happen again - five years?

OG Runner

I wonder if this is the beginning of a transtion to old school Epcot in a sense, where each of the pavilions will eventually get uniform signs with this font

I think you are correct. You also notice the signage, indicating this is a store. I think these will also be used. I saw a similar
one, (in blue), indicating a restaurant. It is going to be good to have this section opening up again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom