Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

Without any knowledge other than this extremely slanted article you are calling for this person to be arrested?

And don't get me wrong, im not defending him. But to say, "arrest him" without due process is a bit extreme. How many articles have we seen lately that were completely bogus, i.e The Rolling Stone article, local news claiming hospitals are overrun when in actuality they're not, etc. How do you even know this article isn't similar and making false claims like so many other articles and news reports we continue to see that are completely false?

Do you feel those people should be arrested for causing completely unnecessary panic in their communities?
Of course due process needs to happen. My knee jerk reaction, after seeing what he said and what polkadotdress posted was that it’s a individual, making money of off quick visits to his office. They have interviews from parents and even the chiropractor himself pointing to what he’s doing.
To me it’s along the lines of fraud. May not be that specifically but he’s doing something that is not right. Maybe be legal but not right. I never knew chiropractor’s could determine whether a child could wear a mask. That’s news to me. Next time I’m at my dentist I’ll have him check what’s wrong with my ankle that’s bothering me.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
While I wouldn’t agree that they should be arrested, I do believe legal action should be taken.

Also, there are several news articles re: this, which also include quotes from the chiropractor, who clearly understands he is stretching things:

“When Dr. Busch was asked what kind of diagnosis chiropractors can make when it comes to a mask exemption, he replied, “It is any Florida licensed health care physician. Your dentist could do this, your psychiatrist could do this, your psychologist can do this,” he explained. “You were looking at things like respiratory distress, hypoxia, asthma, anxiety, depression – there are a lot of qualifying conditions.”

Testerman says she wants to know why parents don’t just go to their pediatrician for a mask waiver.

“That answer is really quite simple. Pediatricians are trained to diagnose and treat children and they recognize the dangers that COVID presents,” she said. “Signing a mask waiver would go against one of their tenants of their Hippocratic oath [to] do no harm.”
Is there any evidence that the chiropractor in question broken any laws?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Of course due process needs to happen. My knee jerk reaction, after seeing what he said and what polkadotdress posted was that it’s a individual, making money of off quick visits to his office. They have interviews from parents and even the chiropractor himself pointing to what he’s doing.
To me it’s along the lines of fraud. May not be that specifically but he’s doing something that is not right. Maybe be legal but not right. I never knew chiropractor’s could determine whether a child could wear a mask. That’s news to me. Next time I’m at my dentist I’ll have him check what’s wrong with my ankle that’s bothering me.
I understand what you're saying, but your knee jerk reaction is a bit extreme and not founded in any legal sense. Just emotion.

It's misinformation that also stirs up emotions unnecessarily.

ParentsOf4

Our office has started to receive requests for exemptions. None granted yet.
As of October 1, we will require proof of full vaccination or weekly negative tests.

Here’s hoping weekly nose swabs convince most they are dumb if they don’t get vaccinated.

B3D09BEC-5D16-4E82-ABFB-2129C9502318.jpeg

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

LittleBuford

A complaint was filed and the legal process will commnece. This is how it should work. Not people calling for a person to immediately be jailed because they don't like it.
While I would never advocate jailing someone without due process, I do think a mechanism should be in place to stop him issuing any more exemptions while the matter is investigated.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I own my own business and I will not require vaccinations or weekly tests for my employees.

That doesn't mean I'm anti vaxx. I will allow my employees to make their own medical decisions.

Reactions: ABQ

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
While I would never advocate jailing someone without due process, I do think a mechanism should be in place to stop him issuing any more exemptions while the matter is investigated.
I completely understand. But a judge will make that decision once presented with the evidence. The chiropractor could very well be a kook. But it's not the place of a person with absolutely zero evidence aside from an online (slanted) article to decide. That's all I was saying.

LittleBuford

I completely understand. But a judge will make that decision once presented with the evidence. The chiropractor could very well be a cook. But it's not the place of a person with absolutely zero evidence aside from an online (slanted) article to decide. That's all I was saying.
Other professionals have questioned his actions, so I think it goes beyond slanted journalism. I agree that this is one for the courts to decide, but I don't think he should be allowed to continue issuing exemptions while the issue is being investigated.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Florida on Monday reported 46,105 more COVID-19 cases and 1,064 additional deaths to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, according to Miami Herald calculations of CDC data.

All but 51 of the newly reported deaths, about 95%, occurred after Aug. 9, according to the Herald analysis. About 64% of the newly reported died in the past two weeks, the analysis showed. The majority of deaths happened during Florida’s latest surge in COVID-19 cases, fueled by the delta variant.

In the past seven days, on average, the state has added 346 deaths and 17,570 cases each day, according to Herald calculations of CDC data.

Monday’s jump in the number of reported cases and deaths is due to the newest way deaths and cases are counted and the agency not reporting new numbers on Saturday or Sunday. The numbers include totals from the two weekend days and Friday."

"Around the state, 256 hospitals reported 13,773 people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida on Sunday, according to data released by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. That’s 155 fewer patients than the previous day’s report.

COVID-19 patients took up 23.95% of patient beds available in reporting hospitals.

Of those hospitalized, 3,183 people were in intensive care unit beds, a decrease of 31 from the previous day’s report. That represents 48.51% of the ICU hospital beds in the 256 reporting hospitals."

Last edited:

SteveAZee

Yes, traveled the roadway plenty of times but around exit 21 in SC I-95S there are makeshift signs nailed on trees advertising moonshine off the interstate on a dirt road as of two years ago.
In 1968 and 1970 I remember Stuckey's and their pecan pies, makeshift shacks selling fireworks (as we headed north to NY), and baby alligators for sale. I also remember parts of Georgia and (if I remember correctly) a very strong swampy smell for a good part of our time there.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Other professionals have questioned his actions, so I think it goes beyond slanted journalism. I agree that this is one for the courts to decide, but I don't think he should be allowed to continue issuing exemptions while the issue is being investigated.
Plenty of doctors have questioned the CDC and Fauci. Should the CDC and Fauci be prevented from continuing to guide us? There is even clear evidence of their mistakes. They've even admitted to them.

And please understand, im not saying the CDC or Fauci should be silenced, although I personally believe they are tyrants, it doesn't matter. I'm not a judge. Its not my place. Hence I don't aim, "arrest them"! Which was my point to the original post I responded to.

People have the right to feel any way they choose. But when they start deciding to.be judge/jury/executioner, its a problem.

Patcheslee

This is why I actively seek out the latest antivaxx talking points. I need to be able to counter them when they present in my job.
The antivax opinions going around my job are unfortunately include people who have already been vaccinated. Now it's turned into "We already did what we were supposed to, and now we have to get another. If people continue to agree to more shots this will never end."
I get it, it's frustrating to have new information override what was previously known, but it's beyond frustrating people are now taking a step back.

DisneyDebRob

Plenty of doctors have questioned the CDC and Fauci. Should the CDC and Fauci be prevented from continuing to guide us? There is even clear evidence of their mistakes. They've even admitted to them.

And please understand, im not saying the CDC or Fauci should be silenced, although I personally believe they are tyrants, it doesn't matter. I'm not a judge. Its not my place. Hence I don't aim, "arrest them"! Which was my point to the original post I responded to.

People have the right to feel any way they choose. But when they start deciding to.be judge/jury/executioner, its a problem.
Will you please stop. I said it was a knee jerk reaction.. I also said due process needs to be done. But where’s there smoke there’s usually fire and enough healthcare people, parents and his own words are giving off a lot of smoke. Let it play out as you say, I’m in agreement. I’ll also take a dole whip next visit to Disney from you if and when they get him.
By the way, I’m a small business owner also and require anyone that works for me to be vaccinated, the opposite of you. I don’t believe your anti-vax but I take the opposite approach. For the safety and health of my clients I enforce it.
Different approaches is all

disneygeek90

I own my own business and I will not require vaccinations or weekly tests for my employees.

That doesn't mean I'm anti vaxx. I will allow my employees to make their own medical decisions.
That’s where we started, then our office has had outbreaks affecting whole departments, most of whom were unvaccinated. Beginning this week they’ll now require proof of vaccinations or submitting weekly test results.

All fine and dandy to have people make their own decisions until it impacts the working environment and a lot more than their immediate health.

SammyMF

Tyrants do not give you a choice, under penalty of death. If they were tyrants, you would either take the vaccine or you would be shot. But of course they arent tyrants and cant do that. People have the right to choose to take the vaccine, or to choose not to. On the other hand business owners have the right to require said vaccines, or they have the right not to require them.

I havent read this doctor story so cant comment much. Except to say that its SOP. Need your narcotic pain meds because you are addicted to them? Just find the right doctor to write up your prescription and you will get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

disneygeek90

"Florida on Monday reported 46,105 more COVID-19 cases and 1,064 additional deaths to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, according to Miami Herald calculations of CDC data.

All but 51 of the newly reported deaths, about 95%, occurred after Aug. 9, according to the Herald analysis. About 64% of the newly reported died in the past two weeks, the analysis showed. The majority of deaths happened during Florida’s latest surge in COVID-19 cases, fueled by the delta variant.

In the past seven days, on average, the state has added 346 deaths and 17,570 cases each day, according to Herald calculations of CDC data.

Around the state, 256 hospitals reported 13,773 people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida on Sunday, according to data released by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. That’s 155 fewer patients than the previous day’s report.

COVID-19 patients took up 23.95% of patient beds available in reporting hospitals.

Of those hospitalized, 3,183 people were in intensive care unit beds, a decrease of 31 from the previous day’s report. That represents 48.51% of the ICU hospital beds in the 256 reporting hospitals."

46,000? Is that a few days of results ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom