the MANY problems with Genie+ and paid FastPass (or whatever they are calling it)

Chi84

Premium Member
Umm, you know this isn't true, right?
Maybe it means that if not too many people buy it, then the standby wait times will be similar to the wait times they would have without Genie+? I thought the problem with FP+ according to some was that so many used it the standby times were significantly increased.

plawren2

We are planning trip in mid November and will avoid the extra cost, but use strategy of being at gate before 1/2 EMH each day, plus getting in line for most popular rides right before closing to attempt to experience 3-4 most popular without long lines. And we are also not buying the expensive evening MK Xmas party tickets

3) First, if you don't go at rope drop you are missing the best opportunity to do attractions during the day anyway, so your argument is already pretty invalid. However, this isn't the case, as you can only have 1 reservation at a time, and with less people using a paid system than a free one, there is a much higher chance of the ride you want being available later in the day.

I never go at a rope drop. It is super busy and annoyingly crowded. I usually arrive at 11am and stay till closing even that is 1am. And I still manage to see and do EVERYTHING.

4) See #3. Also, why are you still sleeping? Its 7am.

It is called being on Vacation. I don't trust people who get up before 9am, with their beady little eyes and fake smiles they probably have a hidden political agenda to take over the world and turn us all into slaves of brain dead daytime TV. Luckily those of us who know the night time is the RIGHT TIME undo all the damage they cause every night when we are the last ones to walk out of the parks. Really the night time is the FUNNEST part of the day. They really need to bring back the 24 hours of Walt Disney World - no lineups at 4am, that would solve all capacity issues.

Disstevefan1

1. Could be worse, and no one is forcing you to pay
2. That was expected
3. Not true
4. You are not required to wake up at 7AM. If you were going for a boarding group you would have to anyways tho.
5. FastPass+ has the same type of thing with tiers but go on.
6. No need to be glued to your phone all day but if you want go for it.
7. Even without a park pass some planning is required. This is less advance planning. You did more with FastPass+
8. You don't need to but you can. It used to be 180 days...
9. This should be a good thing. People can now stay off site and get the same perks and spend less money. Giving you more money for Genie+ ;)
@Rteetz you have missed your true calling. You should become a Disney Influencer.

As long as you do and say exactly as Disney tells you, you can get free stuff from Disney as a Disney Influencer.

Djsfantasi

And the wonderful thing is there are going to be a lot of people who don't buy it. Not everyone will. Which means that those who do will have more options and shorter waits. and that those that don't will also have their wait times not be impacted by the ones that do buy it.

As long as Disney doesn't screw it up by offering 90% of attraction capacity to Genie+ like they did with fastpass+ this could actually turn out to be a win-win. But then that may be hoping for to much.

And capacity at the parks will increase because they misjudged the number of guests who were planners, depended on their visit because ME was available, didn’t/couldn’t do rope drop and lived the flexibility (yes!) of Fastpass+.

With all that gone, they no longer will consider WDW a viable destination and simply will not go.

All this happy people who can just walk on their favorite rides! The question is, will the number of people not going to WDW be offset by the revenue of Genie+? Especially since the loss of guests will increase ride availability thus decreasing Genie+ revenue.

Disstevefan1

It’s great to read all the speculations. I am looking forward to see how it plays out; what Disney does to tweak the system going forward.

I presume TWDC will look ONLY at the financial spreadsheets to determine what’s working and what’s not since that is the ONLY thing that is important to the company.

We may see attraction capacity intentionally REDUCED so more visitors buy Genie + and Lighting Lane.

Future attractions may be designed for LOWER capacity so less staffing is need and more visitors need to buy Genie + and Lighting Lane to even ride it once.

It’s ironic that in Walt’s day it was all about ride capacity; how many visitors could they move through an attraction and going forward it will be to lower ride capacity in order to incentivize visitors to buy Genie + and Lighting Lane..

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Not only am I customer. AP member for longer than you have been alive I have literally spent 3+ entire years of my life in those parks over the last 5 decades. So yes I am a huggeeee customer and like every customer big or small my opinion matters.

That would be "soon to be" former customer then of the Parks product line. They didn't sell AP's in the early 60's so you fail there as well. They didn't sell APs until 1983 for Disneyland or Disneyworld. Thanks for adding to my ignore list.

erasure fan1

The question is, will the number of people not going to WDW be offset by the revenue of Genie+? Especially since the loss of guests will increase ride availability thus decreasing Genie+ revenue.
Unfortunately I think a big loss of guests is about as likely as them fixing the yeti. I just don't see this being the straw that breaks the camels back. I hope I'm wrong and it bites them in the rump. But so far there has been no price hike or up charge that hasn't lead to better attendance. So it's hard to believe this is the catalyst.

Wendy Pleakley

1) Lets start with the obvious......$15 pp per day.....that stinks bad
2) Not having ALL rides in Genie+.......So i have to pay more for the best rides? Yes!!!
3) Rope Drop or die........If you are an afternoon/evening park goer, Genie+ will be completely irrelevant due to the lack or options at those later times
4) 7am? Really? Every day? Really?
5) Not enough rides........AK and Epcot will only have 4 rides in Genie+.....even if you book one early, what are the chances there's nothing left for your second one (or worse, the only option is Navi or Kali)
6) Glued to my phone all day? Exact opposite of what I'm trying to do w my 3 teenagers, especially on vacation
7) Still need Park Pass so doesn't "FREE" guests from planning
8) Still need to book dining 60 days out (see 7)
9) No incentive to stay onsite any longer

*i did post this on a different forum but wanted to post here also

1) Whether or not the price is too much is subjective, so to each their own.

2) Not a fan of paid rides. I've said that anyone with a 4-day park hopper should be guaranteed access to Rise of the Resistance at least once. People plan vacations for new attractions. They can apply similar limits to passholders to ensure everyone gets to ride it.

3) People who rope drop have always been able to do more than those who don't. The remote access to Genie+ prior to park entry will still make it beneficial to late risers. With less people using the system, rides should be more available later in the day compared to the old system.

4) 7am. Personally, I usually get up somewhat early when at WDW to maximize my time. One can make their selections at 7am and still take time to get ready leisurely. Personal preference on this one.

5) Capacity is definitely a problem at WDW in general. In my experience however, there's never an issue doing everything at Epcot or AK in a day, even if I only have one "good" Fastpass. One could simply choose not to use Genie+ in these parks. It will be of more value in the MK.

6) Exaggeration and no different than the old system. Most people make their next selection while in the Fastpass line for their current attraction.

9) Resort guests get 7am access. Everyone else does not.

Disstevefan1

Not only am I customer. AP member for longer than you have been alive I have literally spent 3+ entire years of my life in those parks over the last 5 decades. So yes I am a huggeeee customer and like every customer big or small my opinion matters.
It seems to me today TWDC first priority is the shareholder and EVERYTHING, including their guest and customer experiences are of a lower priority.

This seems counterintuitive, but they are only working to make “the next quarter” look good to the shareholders.

JustAFan

I hate to break your apologist bubble, but...

We.
Are.
The.
Customer.
And.
We.
Have.
The.
Right.
To.
Say.
We.
Don't.
Like.
Something.
And.
A.
Business.
That.
Doesn't.
Listen.
Is.
Stupid.
As with any business, all these words on a forum mean nothing. If people gripe about this and that, but still pay, they will continue to charge. All of this nonsense leads to nothing. Money is what talks. You don't like, you don't buy it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom