Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I've stayed out of this for various reasons, but this part I'll wade in on.

The revamp of Chuck E. Cheese away from their original animatronics started happening long before FNAF came out in Aug 2014. They had been adjusting their shows since the late 90s and continued in the 00s. The removal of animatronics completely in most CEC restaurants started in 2015, long before FNAF became popular with the YouTube crowd.

Sorry but you're completely wrong on this one.
CEC started testing no-bot locations back in 2004 with more walkaround presence, and then resumed in 2015.

SSG

His full name is Charles Entertainment Cheese. Put some respect on his name.

Chuck E..jpg

Homemade Imagineering

Personally, I’ve never been bothered by AAs, pretty much ever since I was a toddler. In fact, I was more afraid of the Walkaround characters at both DLR and CEC. Plus, being someone who owns, and is currently restoring a Mr. Munch, I’ve gotten used to having him in my house, even if it’s a tad bit unsettling waking up to see him sitting there all alone in the dark at night.
4ED587CD-DAE7-4A81-8537-33E7770E1014.jpeg
As evidenced by the concept art, the new Splash will have critter AAs once again, even if they’re new AAs entirely. I’m sure there’ll be people out there just as terrified of the new Splash just as they were of the current version.

Last edited:

Rich T

Seriously, at this point I don’t care one way or the other about Splash Mtn.’s fate. The Bobs are ruining both DL and WDW in so many ways... They can retheme Splash Mtn. to Howard the Duck as far as I’m concerned. It’s a drop in the bucket compared to everything else that’s wrong with Disney now.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Seriously, at this point I don’t care one way or the other about Splash Mtn.’s fate. The Bobs are ruining both DL and WDW in so many ways... They can retheme Splash Mtn. to Howard the Duck as far as I’m concerned. It’s a drop in the bucket compared to everything else that’s wrong with Disney now.
Same. I’m past the point of caring too much. Disappointing, but oh well.

mickEblu

Not that I disagree but you never really cared about them retheming Splash right? Bobsy or no Bobsys.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
CEC started testing no-bot locations back in 2004 with more walkaround presence, and then resumed in 2015.
As far as I'm aware the Phase IV remodels of 2004 still had their animatronics. And so did the "Studio C Cappa" which was introduced in a couple small town markets at the same time period, albeit with only a single animatronic.

The "Live Stage" with live actor and no animatronic, which is what you're talking about, didn't come about until 2015.

No information that I've ever found showed this concept before 2015, though if you have info on that I'd like to see it as I'd be interested.

Brer Panther

When I was younger, I went to two different Chuck E. Cheeses. One had just the Chuck E. animatronic with the other characters as puppets on a screen, the other had all of the animatronics.

Rich T

Not that I disagree but you never really cared about them retheming Splash right? Bobsy or no Bobsys.
True, but I have spoken up in defense of the retheme logic (and the movie PatF). Now any hoots I once gave about the situation are gone. I think I’m posting as a warning/observation to those who are still all worked up about this; this is nothing compared to what’s going to happen to the parks over the next decade unless the Bobs are, I dunno, visited by the Ghosts of DL Past, Present snd Future or something. Or the Ghost of Walt, which is the plot of a movie I’d love to see get made! :D

EagleScout610

Premium Member
As far as I'm aware the Phase IV remodels of 2004 still had their animatronics. And so did the "Studio C Cappa" which was introduced in a couple small town markets at the same time period, albeit with only a single animatronic.

The "Live Stage" with live actor and no animatronic, which is what you're talking about, didn't come about until 2015.

No information that I've ever found showed this concept before 2015, though if you have info on that I'd like to see it as I'd be interested.
A handful of stores (I think there were like 5 total) opened in 2004/5 without an actual animatronic stage. However there was a Blue Screen, similar to Studio C, and much more emphasis on the walkaround Chuck E. These were referred to as "Small Town stores" and all ended up getting stages after a short while. They would typically get a Studio C Cappa.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
A handful of stores (I think there were like 5 total) opened in 2004/5 without an actual animatronic stage. However there was a Blue Screen, similar to Studio C, and much more emphasis on the walkaround Chuck E. These were referred to as "Small Town stores" and all ended up getting stages after a short while. They would typically get a Studio C Cappa.
News to me, so it was a short lived trial that didn't last long. All the Studio C Cappa locations that I'm aware of all had a stage with an animatronic.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
So Disney released a new "Inclusion" video on Instagram and part of it is several "Problematic" clips (Dumbo Crows, Peter Pan Indians, Mickey and Minnie in black face) but surprisingly no Song of the South. I was a little surprised since that's the one they keep trying to highlight as "Problematic"

Sharon&Susan

So Disney released a new "Inclusion" video on Instagram and part of it is several "Problematic" clips (Dumbo Crows, Peter Pan Indians, Mickey and Minnie in black face) but surprisingly no Song of the South. I was a little surprised since that's the one they keep trying to highlight as "Problematic"

Even weirder is that they acknowledged Sunflower from Fantasia exists possibly for the first time since the 60's(?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom