News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

disneygeek90

I’ve talked with two different cast members who both assured me that I won’t lose my park reservations when I upgrade.

I will be two days into my trip when this becomes available.

Why would I wait until the last day of my trip to upgrade?

I want to get my dining discount.
Unless you're booking Oct 1 weekend I don't think you should have any trouble just re-booking if it does indeed drop the reservations.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Any DVC owner or only those with a Blue Card can buy a Sorcerer pass? A question many of us white card holders are wondering.
Only Blue Card, confirmed now on the DVC website.

1630357062802.png

Trauma

Unless you're booking Oct 1 weekend I don't think you should have any trouble just re-booking if it does indeed drop the reservations.
Yes plus I’ll be on site so I’ll make them fix whatever they screw up.

I have photos of all my reservations and I’ll review the reservations with the cast member before they upgrade the tickets.

Tom Morrow

I love how every time they roll something crappy out - they say it's in response to guest feedback.

I'd really like to find those "people" who told them they'd like to pay more to get less and have the pass names changed to something stupid.

What they really mean is, "We hate our fans so we always do the opposite of their feedback because our main goal is now to nickel and dime the newcomers."

Nah: Heimlich Credit, Pooh Credit and Remy Credit

Oh god it's going to be this isn't it. Remy credits for table service, Heimlich credits for quick service, Pooh credits for snacks/desserts.

pdude81

They raised the platinum pricing so much that I am surprised we don't see a Florida and DVC discount on the Incredipass. That AP discount is a pretty useful part of the sales pitch when trying to convince people not to buy resale. I wonder if they "clarify" this in the next few days after some outrage or stick to their guns

tagoofy

Those are percentage increases with Photopass included. The percentage increases are smaller without photopass.

Here are the purchasing increase percentages
  • Sorcerer: $899 over $719, or 25% increase
  • Pirate: $699 over $539, or 30% increase
  • Pixie Dust: $399 over $369, or 8% increase
Here are the renewal increase percentages
  • Sorcerer: $764 over $719, or 6% increase
  • Pirate: $594 over $539, or 10% increase
  • Pixie Dust: $339 over $369, 8% decrease
So, assume you don't have to get PP for every member of your party (Probably a safe assumption, but would not put it pass them to erase anyone in a pic in your party that did not pay for PP), you are still not counting on the loss of FP+ and the cost to add it back.

They have effectively just up prices twice (Genie+ and ticket price) for AP holder just in the last month or so.

SugarMagnolia75

Those are percentage increases with Photopass included. The percentage increases are smaller without photopass.

Here are the purchasing increase percentages
  • Sorcerer: $899 over $719, or 25% increase
  • Pirate: $699 over $539, or 30% increase
  • Pixie Dust: $399 over $369, or 8% increase
Here are the renewal increase percentages
  • Sorcerer: $764 over $719, or 6% increase
  • Pirate: $594 over $539, or 10% increase
  • Pixie Dust: $339 over $369, 8% decrease
Why are you comparing the renewal rates to the cost of a new pass? Wouldn't it be more accurate to do an "apples to apples" comparison of renewal rates?

SirLink

What they really mean is, "We hate our fans so we always do the opposite of their feedback because our main goal is now to nickel and dime the newcomers."

Oh god it's going to be this isn't it. Remy credits for table service, Heimlich credits for quick service, Pooh credits for snacks/desserts.
I was thinking Heimlich for Snacks and Pooh for QS.

MrPromey

They offer so many passes to Florida residents to maintain good relations with the state government. It’s a way to show they “care” about the residents in the state to try to get as good treatment as possible.

that said, I do agree that I don’t know why they have a payment plan. Why not get all the money up front? It always seemed odd to me that such a thing even existed

Others were already offering it and when they finally started, the APs exploded.

Tons of people who couldn't come up with a couple thousand dollars to AP their family suddenly had access.

As a long-time AP holder, I certainly noticed the difference. They used to do more special stuff for us and then when this happened, everything was suddenly always full. They started doing the crappy first-come-first-serve by email offerings like once every other year and I always got my email announcement with special link a few days after it was already full.

Yes, if they were really looking to limit APs, they'd go back to not doing the payment plan in FL but this way, they can have all those extra people continuing to pay monthly where the price hike is spread out and stings less in a low-wage state.

This isn't meant to limit - it's meant to make it easier for some people who really can't afford to go, to keep paying - kind of like a rent-to-buy store's business model.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They took away our purchase discount for the equivalent pass. So not only is TWDC 💩 on passholders in general, they are really dumping on Florida residents and blue card DVC members.
You know what the line there is: buy allowing DVC to purchase the passes…it’s a discount.

but you bring up a point about the blues. After spending 5 years separating us into patricians and plebs…they kinda undo it here.

who they REALLY are dumping on are the put of staters that resist DVC. Ya screwed there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom