News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

yensidtlaw1969

I tend to feel this is in large part because so much takes place in the ice palace, which is incredibly bereft of interesting visuals and props even in the film itself.
It's kind of stunning to me how much they bunted on the Ice Palace, since that so clearly should have been the scenic showstopper of the ride.

It should have been a crystalline, iridescent, mirror-tastic laser-phonic showscene, and instead we got . . . this:

elsa-ice-palace-frozen-ever-after-epcot-walt-disney-world.jpg

(And I actually think that's a rather nice photo of it)

It's not like an Ice Palace gives you nowhere to go scenically. Imagine if the arches had been pulsing, glowing Lucite, with the projections actually refracting through them. The place should be positively shimmering, alive with light effects and sparkling color.

Heck, even just some real looking ICE would have made a big difference:

Hintertux-Glacier-and-Natures-Ice-Palace-in-Austria.jpg

Missing20K

Agreed. I am shocked by the love for it. It honestly read to me like a cheap carnival ride with average theming.
I won’t say it’s not. I’m simply saying we had more “fun” on Crush.

Which is what makes the human race great(ish). People like different things. For us we don’t have to do it once per trip. Rat we could ride a few time’s per visit.
Rat absolutely has better re-rideability. Far more to look at and digest. Some aspects are quite remarkable. But some of the shortcomings had me a bit disappointed as a big fan of the film and perhaps too high of expectations.
Some people just don’t appreciate the brilliance of placing a spinner next to a wall.
Nothing there made any sense as a theme park. Just a random collection of movie inspired attraction areas. Rat area excluded.

CaptainAmerica

It's kind of stunning to me how much they bunted on the Ice Palace, since that so clearly should have been the scenic showstopper of the ride.

It should have been a crystalline, iridescent, mirror-tastic laser-phonic showscene, and instead we got . . . this:

View attachment 583217

(And I actually think that's a rather nice photo of it)

It's not like an Ice Palace gives you nowhere to go scenically. Imagine if the arches had been pulsing, glowing Lucite, with the projections actually refracting through them. The place should be positively shimmering, alive with light effects and sparkling color.

Heck, even just some real looking ICE would have made a big difference:

View attachment 583218
I think it had to stay dark or it would have broken the projection of Elsa's face.

Missing20K

I've never ridden Rat but I've seen countless POV youtube videos of it. I think the biggest issue for me, is the trend of dark rides that have 0 animatronics (I don't count animatronics in the queue). It just makes the ride feel lifeless and cheap.
I thought the motion of the vehicles and integration with the set pieces and screens is one of the most redeeming qualities of the ride. On the other hand, I vividly recall seeing the refrigerator and immediately thinking, “this is the best Disney could do”? The kitchen room in general, other than under the range portion, just fell really flat for me. I think that’s where it jumped the shark for me. Ymmv

Edit. And yes, I was really expecting some AAs

CinematicFusion

Of all the quality attractions they have to choose from, this stuns me. Not complaining, though - it helps balance out the demand for everything else!

The missing minute is fair enough, but Tron packs more wow factor into its first 30 seconds than most rides deliver in their entirety. I'd easily take it over Rat and MK's Space Mountain, but there's a very fair chance Guardians delivers a more well-rounded experience.

Can't compare it to Hagrid's or VelociCoaster yet, but within 2 weeks that should change.

Agreed, Crush's Coaster is easily the best spinning coaster (and my favorite of Disney's Nemo rides).
I'm looking forward to Tron.
We rode Hagrids and Velocicoaster and those two are awesome.

wazowski_216

im rlly looking forward to remy

I get to go for the passholder preview Sep. 25, only five days B4 my B-Day!

also i go to Disneyland Paris in May hopefully when I go to England for theater. (the show is Lion King, I'm playing Ed the Hyena)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom