News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

arich35

i agree dinoland is lacking, but it would be hard to compete against universal when it comes to dinosaur themed lands and IPs. Id kinda rather them dust off the beastly kingdoms idea and use the dinoland space for it....they could really create something epic in scale if they used the lake to the south as part of the land
They need to just redo the land into a Lion King or Junglebook land. Nobody will miss that land for the next few years if they redo it

lazyboy97o

I don't understand what the problem was with this ride???? Coney Island has the exact same ride with a different name and seems to have no problem keeping it running.
Primeval Whirl was a Reverchon ride with customizations. Luna Park is operated by Zamperla who also manufactured the Tickler.

Isn't it the same track as Goofy's Sky School at DCA?
Goofy’s Sky School is a Mack Rides coaster.

DisneyDean97

So are they just going to take it down or retool it into something else?
A new ride eventually. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Disney just clones the Frozen coaster layout being built at Hong Kong Disneyland, and just plop it here. It would bring AK to two coasters again, and it would be more on the kid friendly side, which is an area AK is lacking in. They would theme it to a generic dig site theme, and call it a day. I hope they don't do this, and we get something original, but I can totally see Disney doing this

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I don't understand what the problem was with this ride????
A kid died on an identical coaster in the UK and despite months of testing Disney wasn’t able to guarantee the same issue couldn’t be replicated on PW, at least not without a significant investment of money that the ride’s popularity can’t justify.

Is how I’m reading in between the lines.

matt9112

A kid died on an identical coaster in the UK and despite months of testing Disney wasn’t able to guarantee the same issue couldn’t be replicated on PW, at least not without a significant investment of money that the ride’s popularity can’t justify.

I imagine new cars would be the minimum (im no engineer but i presume theres no inherent issue with the track but a better restraint device would be needed. I dont mind dinoland usa....i just mind the part of it that looks rediculous.

TikibirdLand

Our family loved PW. We're sad that it's gone. Are there others? Yeah. But, the theming was hillarious. Saw something different on the ride or in the queue each time we rode. doux au revoir, Primevil Whirl.

doctornick

I don't exactly love PW, but I would rather have it running than just sitting there in the open rotting away. If they don't want to use the ride due to guest satisfaction or whatever, they need to tear it down (the whole Dinorama area really) and build a new, better ride. Excavator, anyone? Or, honestly, I'd love to see a slow/family dark ride where you actually get to see the dinosaurs that the Dino-institute is bringing back from the past (something like the UoE experience).

This ride and Stitch just doing nothing irritates me when park capacity is such an issue.

jeffnheather

Joining the discussion 28 pages in. 🙋‍♂️

Would a total re-theme to Central America work (we have Asia and Africa)? The jungle-ish foliage is there, especially around Cretaceous Trail. Re-theme Dinosaur to the Indy ride, turn Restaurant-o-saurus into the Adventurers Club, make the Boneyard into a Mayan/Incan (whatever works geographically since I'm foggy there) excavation site...

Any takers? 😁

lazyboy97o

Except that the ride didn’t shut down immediately after that and reopened briefly in late 2019 and ran for after hours events even when closed during the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom