Say NO To Genie+ PETITION

GimpYancIent

I'm not saying everyone is going to 100% love this but Disney isn't doing this randomly. They've done the research and know people are willing to pay. People have been paying for maxpass in dl without issue. This is different, but still in the same vein. For all the people complaining there will be 2 to replace them. The system wouldn't be implemented otherwise.
The resulting analysis from all this research is a failure.

the_rich

That can't be known until the system is implemented and we see the results. This board represents a minute fraction of disney park goers. There is no backlash with the general public. It isn't trending on Twitter or anywhere else.

Parker in NYC

Yes because they haven’t spent billions on Pandora, Toy Story, Galaxy’s Edge, Tron, Guardians, Rat, Epcot… etc…
Toy Story Land? Cheap.
Rat? Cheap.
Guardians? If they’re pouring all that money in for it to sit there unfinished, not great business sense.
Epcot? You mean flattening it? Not spending the money to keep existing things operating?
Adding a corporate lounge at street level in the middle of Norway? Oh, ok. That’s fine.

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

Toy Story Land? Cheap.
Rat? Cheap.
Guardians? If they’re pouring all that money in for it to sit there unfinished, not great business sense.
Epcot? You mean flattening it? Not spending the money to keep existing things operating?
Easy! I would not go as far as flattening EPCOT, but, darn if your not right.

peter11435

Toy Story Land? Cheap.
Rat? Cheap.
Adding a corporate lounge at street level in the middle of Norway? Oh, ok. That’s fine.
If you think anything on your list was cheap then you are delusional. Also convenient that you ignored pandora, GE, and Tron since they don’t fit your fictitious narrative.

eliza61nyc

I don't know @GimpYancIent I live in a neighborhood with a lot of young parents, my boss and quite a few of them have already said that they would pay just about anything to NOT have to wait. I remember having to stand in line with 3 youngins' lol it ain't pretty. 2 of my millennials have already said they'd kick out an extra 100 bucks not ot have to wait in line. NOW caveat, they don't have mortgages, college tuition etc etc so iof course it's a lot easier when you already spend your disposable income hanging out .

A friend of mine signed her family up with clear, the program that allows you to skip the tsa line at the airport. $179.00 bucks a year ( I think it's an annual charge). I know that's not the same but my point is I think people nowadays will pay a lot for convenience.
Now I'm not sold on genie+ because of what others have said, Disney isn't attempting to fix the real issue, the need to increase capacity. we're being penalized for their lousy planning

jeanericuser001

Yeah…. That’s not what’s going to happen
Actually that is exactly what is gonna happen. People flock to the park that has the best and newest attractions. When IOA came out for the first couple years there was a significant dip in attendance at disney. When Harry potter land opened at IOA and then again later at universal there was a dip in attendance at disney. Then add in the fact that this new park is gonna be particularly large and you likely will see a sizable dip in park attendance. The disney genie+ system works as long as you have people paying to use it. When there isn't a need for something and people aren't exactly spending enough to make it worth disney's investment for it then it will get removed. Just like the old photo printing on passes. Now its all biometrics now. Im going on historical comparative data.

Parker in NYC

If you think anything on your list was cheap then you are delusional. Also convenient that you ignored pandora, GE, and Tron since they don’t fit your fictitious narrative.
Didn’t include anything that was legit expensive. And Tron has been sitting there gathering dust. Finally making progress again.

If there are two things I’m not delusional about, it’s Florida’s disastrous handling of COVID, and the cheapening of WDW in every way but the cost to the public. Anything contrary to those facts gets a laugh from me.

GimpYancIent

I don't know @GimpYancIent I live in a neighborhood with a lot of young parents, my boss and quite a few of them have already said that they would pay just about anything to NOT have to wait. I remember having to stand in line with 3 youngins' lol it ain't pretty. 2 of my millennials have already said they'd kick out an extra 100 bucks not ot have to wait in line. NOW caveat, they don't have mortgages, college tuition etc etc so iof course it's a lot easier when you already spend your disposable income hanging out .

A friend of mine signed her family up with clear, the program that allows you to skip the tsa line at the airport. $179.00 bucks a year ( I think it's an annual charge). I know that's not the same but my point is I think people nowadays will pay a lot for convenience.
Now I'm not sold on genie+ because of what others have said, Disney isn't attempting to fix the real issue, the need to increase capacity. we're being penalized for their lousy planning
I hear you. I have heard many (trust me) many parents make the "pay just about anything to NOT have to wait" statement. It's actually quite common during moments of exasperation but when things calm down and clear thought returns they deny ever making that statement.

P.S. Airports and TSA that is simply a completely different beast in a completely different arena.

peter11435

Didn’t include anything that was legit expensive. And Tron has been sitting there gathering dust. Finally making progress again.

If there are two things I’m not delusional about, it’s Florida’s disastrous handling of COVID, and the cheapening of WDW in every way but the cost to the public. Anything contrary to those facts gets a laugh from me.
The three items you included but apparently think were not “legit expensive” cost nearly 1 billion combined.

GimpYancIent

The three items you included but apparently think were not “legit expensive” cost nearly 1 billion combined.
Something to consider the expenditure of large sums of money to produce a product does not necessarily equate to the product itself not being cheap (as in quality) in the cases cited a lesser experience.

peter11435

Actually that is exactly what is gonna happen. People flock to the park that has the best and newest attractions. When IOA came out for the first couple years there was a significant dip in attendance at disney. When Harry potter land opened at IOA and then again later at universal there was a dip in attendance at disney. Then add in the fact that this new park is gonna be particularly large and you likely will see a sizable dip in park attendance. The disney genie+ system works as long as you have people paying to use it. When there isn't a need for something and people aren't exactly spending enough to make it worth disney's investment for it then it will get removed. Just like the old photo printing on passes. Now its all biometrics now. Im going on historical comparative data.
You realize that is factually inaccurate right? IOA opened around the same time as DAK so any dip in attendance at the other parks would be attributed to both, not solely IOA. And there was no significant dip in attendance. A slight drop attributable to the redistribution of guests at WDW. It’s also worth mentioning that USO saw a more significant dip for the same reason. The only “significant” dip came after 9/11. Also directly comparing DAK to IOA since they opened around the same time… DAK attendance has out performed IOA every year they have been open.

jeanericuser001

You realize that is factually inaccurate right? IOA opened around the same time as DAK so any dip in attendance at the other parks would be attributed to both, not solely IOA. And there was no significant dip in attendance. A slight drop attributable to the redistribution of guests at WDW. It’s also worth mentioning that USO saw a more significant dip for the same reason. The only “significant” dip came after 9/11. Also directly comparing DAK to IOA since they opened around the same time… DAK attendance has out performed IOA every year they have been open.
Islands of adventure opened in May 28, 1999. Animal kingdom opened April 22, 1998. 🤦‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom