DJ at MK exit

Brian

But then again, characters slow people down who want to watch rather than leave.
There's your answer.

They used to do this back in the early to mid 2000s with Mickey, and it caused bottlenecks. With MK's transportation situation (no walking to the parking lot), it made for a negative departure experience.

KBLovedDisney

Disney hires a DJ....

hires a DJ...

possibly works at proms...

nothing against those but uh...Disney, you feelin' ok? This is very un-You like.

Sir_Cliff

They had Mickey waving and saying goodbye to everyone leaving from the train station every night during Disneyland Paris's 25th anniversary, not sure why they couldn't do this. But then again, characters slow people down who want to watch rather than leave.

I remember seeing this on just a regular day before the 25th when the park was closing and it was still daylight. It wasn't a particularly busy day so maybe it would hold things up with bigger crowds, but it was fun and kind of funny watching how excited everyone was finding Mickey there as they left, waving goodbye back at him and all the kiddies calling up "goodbye Mickey!", "Hola Mickey!", etc. Felt like a very cute miniature Beatlemania!

Very much sent everybody home with the kind of warm and fuzzy feelings you associate with Disney Parks.

Cmdr_Crimson

They also played wap on Main Street…so…
iw01aayau9c31.gif

TrojanUSC

They also played wap on Main Street…so…

This has been spreading around a lot and is definitely not true. Add it to the urban legend list with Walt being frozen and Toy Story characters laying down when somebody shouts "Andy is Coming!"

This DJ, who has worked for Disney for over 5+ years, did the same set and played the same songs (which were submitted and approved well in advance) for 10+ days.

What got him cancelled was that this was approved by MK mid-level management and when he got the attention of national travel reporters, senior WDW leadership saw it and pulled the plug in horror. Simple as that.

Plus, if it was true, there would be at least one video of it to have surfaced. Which there isn't.

Last edited:

matt9112

with how dreadful it can be waiting outside for an hour for the ferry or monorail I think the DJ idea was good. Yeah it might ruin the immersion but I would have also kept me awake after a long day in the park while I'm waiting in line.

Why not just fix the exit issue? I mean why sugar coat the problem with "born in the usa"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom