Say NO To Genie+ PETITION

Casper Gutman

I honestly think that once people use it, Genie+ will IMPROVE guest satisfaction, tremendously.
For the modest cost of $15, I suspect it will be a vastly superior experience over FP+. No being limited to a single Tier-1 ride. There should be availability at most rides all day long, so ride Smuggler's run with Genie+ at 9, ride TOT with Genie+ at 10:30, ride RNR with Genie+ at noon, ride TSM with Genie+ at 2, ride Star Tours with Genie+ at 4. Basically, ride almost every attraction with Genie+ and never use a long standby line.

I don't want to downplay the $15 charge too much, but it's not really a massive increase in the overall vacation price.

So, I'm happy to sign the petition in SUPPORT of Genie+!!!! (I'm happy to protest the elimination of DME, the reduction in night time EMH, etc).
What makes you think those attractions will be available? Remember, this does NOTHING to increase capacity. Isn’t the far more likely scenario ride Smugglers at 9, TOT at 2, and then… would you like to pay for a Lightning Lane? How about you try one of our restaurants (quick service only) or shops? No? Well, how about the ancient B&B show? Well, we cut all other entertainment so… would you like to pay for a Lightning Lane? No? Thanks for visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

havoc315

Not implementing Genie is not price cutting.

ok, it’s “petition against increasing prices!”

It’s nonsense. Businesses charge a price. Customers can reject the price by not purchasing. If McDonalds announced they were increasing the price of French fries by 50 cents, would you petition McDonalds?

GimpYancIent

ok, it’s “petition against increasing prices!”

It’s nonsense. Businesses charge a price. Customers can reject the price by not purchasing. If McDonalds announced they were increasing the price of French fries by 50 cents, would you petition McDonalds?
Bingo! Don't need it, Don't want it = Don't buy it! (Don't down load it!) It will only be something else on your phone.

havoc315

What makes you think those attractions will be available?

Because it operates like old fastpass and MaxPass. Because people can only get 1 at a time, not 3 in advance. And because not 100% of guests will purchase Genie+.

Mathematically, it is guaranteed that most attractions will be available for most of the day.
If every single guest selects Smuggler’s Run on Genie+ at 7am, it would book up for the day, but that would mean every other ride would still have early morning Genie+ availability in the early morning. And if guests actually spread their choices at DHS between Smuggler’s Run, RNR, TOT, TSM, Runaway Train… that would guarantee there would still be availability for all those attractions in the late morning, and again in the afternoon.

Remember, this does NOTHING to increase capacity. Isn’t the far more likely scenario ride Smugglers at 9, TOT at 2,

Nope. That’s mathematically wrong. At 9am, there would still be 10-11am availability at TOT. It would only be stretched to 2pm if approximately 7,000 guests had chosen TOT at their first pass. Maybe there will be 20,000 Genie+ users. Will 1/3rd select TOT at their first Genie+?? And if so, then there will be tons of availability on other attractions.

let’s look at first Genie+ selections at DHS, out of 20,000 users:
Assume:
Smuggler’s run: 6,000 — that would push the 2nd round return time to about 1pm
Runaway Train- 5,000– 2nd round available at about noon
TOT: 2,500 2nd round availability at about 11am
RNR: 2500: second round around 11am
TSM-2,000– second round available around 10am
saucers: 1,000– second round Genie+ available by 10am
Star Tours: 1,000- second round available by 10am

Since everyone can only book 1 at a time… there will be lots of availability through the day. It’s a mathematical certainty.

and then… would you like to pay for a Lightning Lane? How about you try one of our restaurants (quick service only) or shops? No? Well, how about the ancient B&B show? Well, we cut all other entertainment so… would you like to pay for a Lightning Lane? No? Thanks for visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

Last edited:

milordsloth

Since everyone can only book 1 at a time… there will be lots of availability through the day. It’s a mathematical certainty.
At least comparing to Maxpass at DLR, I've seen all fastpasses for every ride booked up by noon on the busiest days. Depending on how many people get the Genie+ it will absolutely fill up occasionally.

havoc315

At least comparing to Maxpass at DLR, I've seen all fastpasses for every ride booked up by noon on the busiest days. Depending on how many people get the Genie+ it will absolutely fill up occasionally.

They can adjust the capacity assigned to Genie+ to compensate to a degree. If 100% of guests are purchasing Genie+, they can assign 90% of ride capacity to Genie+, resulting in miserable standby lines, but efficient Genie+ with tons of availability.

Yes, on the BUSIEST days, availability may be limited. It certainly won't be more limited than FP+. For Christmas week, good luck getting a FP+ reservation unless you could book it 66+ days in advance. And almost impossible to get a quality 4th fastpass for a whole party during Christmas week. So yes, there may be maximum attendance days where you're limited to just 2-3 quality Genie+ passes. But that's still an improvement over FP+.

Willmark

Again, this isn't nothing -- Which is why many families will opt out. And those willing to pay another 7%-10% will get a vastly superior experience where they never have to wait on a significant line again.
I’m willing to pay 7-10% to get a vastly superior experience, this isn’t it.

Begs the question, superior to Disney’s already overpriced and underwhelming offerings? Because compared to competitors it’s lacking.

SteveAZee

Because it operates like old fastpass and MaxPass. Because people can only get 1 at a time, not 3 in advance. And because not 100% of guests will purchase Genie+.

Mathematically, it is guaranteed that most attractions will be available for most of the day.
If every single guest selects Smuggler’s Run on Genie+ at 7am, it would book up for the day, but that would mean every other ride would still have early morning Genie+ availability in the early morning. And if guests actually spread their choices at DHS between Smuggler’s Run, RNR, TOT, TSM, Runaway Train… that would guarantee there would still be availability for all those attractions in the late morning, and again in the afternoon.

Nope. That’s mathematically wrong. At 9am, there would still be 10-11am availability at TOT. It would only be stretched to 2pm if approximately 7,000 guests had chosen TOT at their first pass. Maybe there will be 20,000 Genie+ users. Will 1/3rd select TOT at their first Genie+?? And if so, then there will be tons of availability on other attractions.

let’s look at first Genie+ selections at DHS, out of 20,000 users:
Assume:
Smuggler’s run: 6,000 — that would push the 2nd round return time to about 1pm
Runaway Train- 5,000– 2nd round available at about noon
TOT: 2,500 2nd round availability at about 11am
RNR: 2500: second round around 11am
TSM-2,000– second round available around 10am
saucers: 1,000– second round Genie+ available by 10am
Star Tours: 1,000- second round available by 10am

Thanks for laying this out. It makes sense... and is encouraging.

Shame on Disney

Having a trip cost 8,000 and then they have the audacity to want to charge you extra to be able to ride the "elite" rides. I have been to WDW over 100 times and have seen many changes but this one is just GREED at it finest. This will be my last trip to this house of Greed as I can spend less money and have a better time elsewhere. Shame on you DISNEY.

peter11435

Having a trip cost 8,000 and then they have the audacity to want to charge you extra to be able to ride the "elite" rides. I have been to WDW over 100 times and have seen many changes but this one is just GREED at it finest. This will be my last trip to this house of Greed as I can spend less money and have a better time elsewhere. Shame on you DISNEY.
They aren’t charging you to ride the “elite” rides. Standby lines and virtual queue will still be able. You’re not paying to ride you are paying for the privilege of riding without waiting.

jeanericuser001

And this is why Im staying away from disney till Universal opens its new theme park. By the time that happens, people will be fed up with genie+ and the constant milking. Many will abandon disney for universal as they did when IOA first came out. Attendance will drop to a slow crawl bringing revenue down sharply. Disney will see no financial benefit to keeping the system and thus it will just be standby once again. That is when I will go as many of the big rides will suddenly be walk on like epcot in its early years. Eventually disney will have to spend to bring people back and once disney no longer is fun I will simply move on to universal to check out the new park.

Parker in NYC

And this is why Im staying away from disney till Universal opens its new theme park. By the time that happens, people will be fed up with genie+ and the constant milking. Many will abandon disney for universal as they did when IOA first came out. Attendance will drop to a slow crawl bringing revenue down sharply. Disney will see no financial benefit to keeping the system and thus it will just be standby once again. That is when I will go as many of the big rides will suddenly be walk on like epcot in its early years. Eventually disney will have to spend to bring people back and once disney no longer is fun I will simply move on to universal to check out the new park.
Will they though? A canvass of many on this board and on Twitter seem to reflect the opinion that Genie+ and Lightning Lane are perfectly acceptable. Downvoted YouTube videos aren’t nearly as persuasive as delicious classism cloaked (poorly) in pixie dust.

peter11435

Yeah…. That’s not what’s going to happen

the_rich

I'm not saying everyone is going to 100% love this but Disney isn't doing this randomly. They've done the research and know people are willing to pay. People have been paying for maxpass in dl without issue. This is different, but still in the same vein. For all the people complaining there will be 2 to replace them. The system wouldn't be implemented otherwise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom