the MANY problems with Genie+ and paid FastPass (or whatever they are calling it)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
You've missed one of the wildest threads in a long time.
4Ml.gif

Jeff4272

Original Poster
The only rides where that was ever a problem were the one or two brand new ones in a given park. Those same rides are the pay-for-access rides, meaning they're not part of Genie+ to begin with.
Thats my point exactly.......Makes less available for Genie+ options so demand is higher (especially in AK and Epcot) because there aren't as many choices, thus pushing back or selling out return times

you diagree?

Muffinpants

We should all prolly take a breath and wait till they tell us how it all acually works before we rip eachother apart with ideas and thoughts that have only other things to base it off of. This isnt max pass we have no idea if it will work that way.

SirLink

Chapeks robbing + system isn’t something that attracts me to reading about it.

But Chapeks greed + system - might mean that it goes back to no front of line access for the majority. Which would be fantastic if we could get rid of FP/MaxPass/Genie+ et al.

Last edited:

Jeff4272

Original Poster
Chapeks robbing + system isn’t something that attracts me to reading about it.
I agree.......

System stinks in general.........and they could have done it better while still making same money by not making people wake up early that dont want to or rope drop that dont want to

Jeff4272

Original Poster
We should all prolly take a breath and wait till they tell us how it all acually works before we rip eachother apart with ideas and thoughts that have only other things to base it off of. This isnt max pass we have no idea if it will work that way.
I am basing it off every reliable blogger ive read and almost all to a man/woman, are on agreement on how it will work

Martin, is there anything off base here?

they obviously based it off of MaxPass

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Thats my point exactly.......Makes less available for Genie+ options so demand is higher (especially in AK and Epcot) because there aren't as many choices, thus pushing back or selling out return times

you diagree?
Those late return times weren't the product of total demand, they were a product of *concentrated* demand. Nothing is so much better/newer/fresher than anything else that it will be a disproportionate draw. If it's 10am, I'm not going to book a 1pm Slash if there's an 11am Pirates available.

Jeff4272

Original Poster
Those late return times weren't the product of total demand, they were a product of *concentrated* demand. Nothing is so much better/newer/fresher than anything else that it will be a disproportionate draw. If it's 10am, I'm not going to book a 1pm Slash if there's an 11am Pirates available.
Right and when you couple concentrated demand with total demand due to lack of options (like AK and Epcot), its not going to work

Naplesgolfer

I think the biggest change is for local's, offsite guests and people you didn't plan or look into how fast pass worked before their trip . While on the one hand local's and offsite guests are now locked out of rope drop , Disney has mostly leveled the playing field for expedited access to rides. Onsite gets early preference to pay for one of 6 rides and rope drop. If you live near WDW and your habit is arrive at noon and stay till closing your probably happy with the new set up.

WDW can't escape the math of the ride capacity that is too low for the number of guests they have. Disney increases revenue and average guest rides per day will be the same.

Rteetz

LOL..........Dude, you obviously dont understand Genie+

First I was assuming once Tron opened

Second, if i wait until the next available slot for Thunder at noon since im not going into the park until then (that could be at 11am), then my "clock" (the 120 mins i have to wait) for my second ride isnt until 120 minutes after 11am, or 1pm............Now i cant book my second ride until i either ride Thunder at noon or wait until 1pm and i have only been on 1 ride since i arrived and availability for my second ride might not be until 5pm, thus making me wait another 120 minutes.....

Are you sure you know how Genie+ works?
I don’t think you do either

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Right and when you couple concentrated demand with total demand due to lack of options (like AK and Epcot), its not going to work
Could be, and I absolutely acknowledge that this whole thing will work lot better in Magic Kingdom than elsewhere. If Disney sells a ton of these things to length-of-stay guests at the time of booking, that could cause problems at AK and Epcot. If length-of-stay purchases are less common, I think the most likely outcome is that many people simply won't buy this product for their AK/Epcot days.

Jeff4272

Original Poster
Could be, and I absolutely acknowledge that this whole thing will work lot better in Magic Kingdom than elsewhere. If Disney sells a ton of these things to length-of-stay guests at the time of booking, that could cause problems at AK and Epcot. If length-of-stay purchases are less common, I think the most likely outcome is that many people simply won't buy this product for their AK/Epcot days.
I agree.......I think they will possible just do paid FP (or whatever they are calling it) for the top 2 rides and wait standby for the others.................

Think of AK......If you have guaranteed return times for Safari and FOP, you only need to wait for EE, Kali, NAvi and Dinosaur...

Those waits are never that bad, even on the real busy days

Which makes me believe they will jack up prices of paid FP (or whatever they are calling it) in AK and Epcot likely b sales of Genie+ will be lower in those parks

Last edited:

Jeff4272

Original Poster
I’ve more info about this than I ever will need but I’m afraid I’ve no interest in it whatsoever. It’s actually helping soften the blow of this years trip being cancelled.
Martin........Do you know the answer?

in 2019, MK had just under 21mm visitors, averaging just under 60k per day

How many of those 60k were there for Park opening on average each day?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom