DJ at MK exit

Indeed non-Disney music in the parks has been going on for 40+ years with the Tomorrowland stage at Disneyland. Main St USA after the fireworks is just not the appropriate place. It also would have been a different story if they had the characters there dancing to music, but someone telling you to "raise the roof" as you're trying to take in the magic of the Magic Kingdom one last time is bad show.
It also wasn't just the music, the shouting was a weird vibe. Like I thought I heard him shout out for people to check out the merchandise in the shops in one video.

ImperfectPixie

Personally, I don't mind them if they're off to the side and preferably indoors. I do despise the TL party. Such a poor use of The Incredibles, who I don't believe dance in either of the two movies.

Regardless if they're inside or out, I believe they shouldn't be so loud that they impact other areas. I remember one near the FoN (RIP!) at Epcot a few years ago being heard from the American Adventure. So trashy.
OMG...the Incredibles parties were BAD. Use contemporary music, fine, but let's at least keep the song selections clean for pete's sake.

Virtual Toad

I just looked at the video. Wow. Just wow. That’s completely inexcusable. They’ve lowered the bar so much that I’m not sure there’s even a bar left to lower at this point.

Sympathy for the DJ but other heads should roll. If this is part of a cynical strategy to deconstruct the brand, they’re certainly succeeding.

By ineptitude or intent, they’re now officially offering guests a Six Flags product at 2021 Disney prices.

Sigh.

The Mrs

They do use Pinocchio on the poster that's on the inside of hotel room doors to inform guests on how to evacuate during a fire. (at least at Boardwalk Villas)
I've always thought Pinocchio was a strange choice.
I think the idea is Jiminy Cricket as the conscience, and also... well. Pinocchio is made of wood. Kinda a dark way to skirt the idea of an actual child being used.
There was a whole Wild About Safety campaign in the aughts featuring Timon & Pumba.
My point was, they use Pinocchio for a message about a safety procedure. Pinocchio is a liar!

MuteSuperstar

This just kinda sums up why some of us are sadly pretty done with the place. I feel so bad for the guy who was just doing his job and was probably excited and grateful for the gig and was put in this unfortunate position by clueless execs. Some of us who have become disenchanted over the past decade or so have been seeing the slow creep of this kind of stuff and calling it out, only to often be told we were clinging to nostalgia or just blindly hating everything the company does. It's a bummer all around and not something I'm particularly interested in paying all time high prices for, as much as I still love much of what remains.

peter11435

This just kinda sums up why some of us are sadly pretty done with the place. I feel so bad for the guy who was just doing his job and was probably excited and grateful for the gig and was put in this unfortunate position by clueless execs. Some of us who have become disenchanted over the past decade or so have been seeing the slow creep of this kind of stuff and calling it out, only to often be told we were clinging to nostalgia or just blindly hating everything the company does. It's a bummer all around and not something I'm particularly interested in paying all time high prices for, as much as I still love much of what remains.
I hated this and think it never should have happened but let’s not act like this is just a modern problem. Remember when they turned future world into a circus or had cars for sale in the hub. Let’s not pretend that Disney of decades past was perfect either.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

I mean, there were exactly 0 people in this thread who thought this was a good idea. When something is wholly bad, it gets rightfully called out as such. However, most things are a bit more nuanced.

MuteSuperstar

I hated this and think it never should have happened but let’s not act like this is just a modern problem. Remember when they turned future world into a circus or had cars for sale in the hub. Let’s not present that Disney of decades past was perfect either.

Oh for sure, but in my opinion it has been compounding quite a bit more in the 2000s. First trip 1976, last 2014, for whatever that's worth. And I'm certainly not lobbying for others to join me in my loss of enthusiasm for WDW at all.

Last edited:

MuteSuperstar

I mean, there were exactly 0 people in this thread who thought this was a good idea. When something is wholly bad, it gets rightfully called out as such. However, most things are a bit more nuanced.
And I generally try to look at things with nuance. It is refreshing to see a united front against this sort of nonsense on Main Street of all places (I felt the same way about the theme-destroying dance parties in Tomorrowland, and IIRC there was definitely not a united front on that one). But I really do genuinely feel bad for the guy, as most here seem to as well, so that's good to see too.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I hated this and think it never should have happened but let’s not act like this is just a modern problem. Remember when they turned future world into a circus or had cars for sale in the hub. Let’s not present that Disney of decades past was perfect either.
Exactly. There have always been bad calls. This one just played out live on the internet.

Cmdr_Crimson

My point was, they use Pinocchio for a message about a safety procedure. Pinocchio is a liar!
Pinocchio has termites for brains which is why Jiminy is teaching him what to do..
For anyone who have not seen what it looks like here's an example ..
b65f9894da0d6b09dcaf0ac26596cf62--disney-secrets-plan.jpg

ppete1975

Here is free advice for Disney. Softly play classic disney music, or just a loop of when you wish upon a star, have the classic disney characters mickey minnie goofy donald pluto on the train station waving goodbye as you walk out maybe have the classic disney voice quietly over the speakers, thank you for visiting disney world (something magic, something come back soon)
The mood should be somber, but upbeat.. kind of the feeling when christmas is over and you know that tomorrow is just another day and all of the christmas magic is a year away.

My best memory of my first trip to disney is being on the boat after the park closing on our last day not knowing if id ever be back to disney, and how magical and dream like the last few days had been. I was softly singing (prob in my head maybe someone could hear me hum who knows) when you wish upon a star... and i cried.. not like a tantrum or something anyone would notice.. just a few tears (half happy half sad),
THAT IS THE EMOTION DISNEY SHOULD EVOKE

That makes people want to come back, that is magical, that is something that will burn itself into kids brains for the rest of the time.

dj hair bun is six flags

TrojanUSC

with how dreadful it can be waiting outside for an hour for the ferry or monorail I think the DJ idea was good. Yeah it might ruin the immersion but I would have also kept me awake after a long day in the park while I'm waiting in line.

It wasn't just the music, it was the shouting telling you to "raise the roof" like he was at a wedding at an Airport Marriott. Also you wouldn't hear him while you're waiting in line for the monorail. This was inside the park in Town Square.

Should also point out that I feel really bad for the DJ. He's been an approved Disney Fairytale wedding planner for a long time and gets rave reviews. He was just doing what he was asked and was bullied so aggressively on social media that he had to take down his social media pages. Please don't do this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom