the MANY problems with Genie+ and paid FastPass (or whatever they are calling it)

Jeff4272

Original Poster
Right so no one is gonna book farther out than an hour. It would be wasted money. More folks who purchase this will be going on rides they would prolly skip. No way rides will sell out from the morning with it working this way.
you're missing the point, they will because theres only 3 options for Genie+

Muffinpants

you're missing the point, they will because theres only 3 options for Genie+
100% if there are only 3 rides and they are booked till 4 pm befor you even get into the park at 10am refunds will be given. But I don't see it happening. Most people won't use it at akl for this very reason. Most will save the money and buy the IAS for fop instead.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Figures, not surprised from a Disney apologist

1629809108766.png

Jeff4272

Original Poster
100% if there are only 3 rides and they are booked till 4 pm befor you even get into the park at 10am refunds will be given. But I don't see it happening. Most people won't use it at akl for this very reason. Most will save the money and buy the IAS for fop instead.
Thats exactly my point of this post.......the problems with Genie+ but some people are MAJOR Disney apologists and wont admit it that Genie+ is going backwards and creates more problems than solutions and oh yeah, it costs you money too

NickMaio

Not true.......you get next available time.....

Why didn't paper fast passes work that way then? because people wanted to guarantee the top rides

They will sell out just like paper FP did........You can book a second ride 90-120 mins after, even if you haven't used your first (like stacking MaxPasses worked) but the only problem is, there arent enough rides

understand now?
You can get your next LL pass while waiting in line during your 1st LL ride.

Jeff4272

Original Poster
You can get your next LL pass while waiting in line during your 1st LL ride.
Correct...........But from 7am until 10am when Epcot opens, all the TT, Soarin and Frozen Genie+ access has sold out

and you have ZERO chance unless you get up at 7am and book your first.......non rope droppers are screwed.............what % of park goers are rope droppers in your opinion?

my guess is 25% OR LESS of people that go to parks go at rope drop

so Disney is alienating 75% of their guests

Jeff4272

Original Poster
I think most will pay for it at MK , more options and silly wait times here.
in Magic Kingdom, I agree it works for rope droppers, for people who want to pay, for people who wake up at 7am...............But no chance if you go to parks in afternoon or sleep in even a little

Muffinpants

Correct...........But from 7am until 10am when Epcot opens, all the TT, Soarin and Frozen Genie+ access has sold out

and you have ZERO chance unless you get up at 7am and book your first.......non rope droppers are screwed.............what % of park goers are rope droppers in your opinion?

my guess is 25% OR LESS of people that go to parks go at rope drop

so Disney is alienating 75% of their guests
You still think someone at 7am is gonna book 1 ride for 5pm? Not gonna happen.

Jeff4272

Original Poster
You still think someone at 7am is gonna book 1 ride for 5pm? Not gonna happen.
Yup.....100%............Thats how old paper FP sold out all the time............

Epcot opened, people RAN to Soarin and it was sold out for the day within the first hour then those that missed it would move onto the next best ride and book that until it was gone

And if you dont think they will, what will they do? book Frozen for 2pm return? Fine then at 2pm you go to book your second and everything is gone

This is exactly how paper FP worked

There's not enough rides.........a busy day at Epcot will be completely sold out before the park opens is my guess and you will only get 1 ride for your Genie+

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
in Magic Kingdom, I agree it works for rope droppers, for people who want to pay, for people who wake up at 7am...............But no chance if you go to parks in afternoon or sleep in even a little
Not an apologist here, but you seem to be railing against a system that hasn't even been implemented yet, and no one on these forums has any idea how it will work or what any kind of restrictions there might be. You do realize that Disney knows that people sleep in on vacation, so it is very possible that they will hold back reservations for people like you. Time will certainly tell.

I also don't understand your assertion that AK has only 4 attractions. 🤷‍♂️

Here is the list. I've starred the ones that will probably be part of Genie+.

*It's Tough to be a Bug
*Na'vi River Journey
*Festival of the Lion King
*Kilimanjaro Safaris
Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail
Rafiki's Planet Watch
*Finding Nemo - The Musical
Maharajah Jungle Trek
*Kali River Rapids
Expedition Everest
*UP! A Great Bird Adventure
Donald’s Dino-Bash!
Boneyard
*Tricera Top Spin
*Dinosaur

DanielleOG

7am, you book your first ride (let's say BTMR) for 9am. Stay onsite, get to parks for the half hour early entry. Ride 7DMT and SM. Head over to BTMR for your 9am slot. Once in line, book your next ride, something that interests you and doesn't have a time too far out. Rinse and repeat for the day. You will be able to ride a good amount of rides, not all the ones you want to, but I'd say at LEAST three of the ones you must do.

Jeff4272

Original Poster
Not an apologist here, but you seem to be railing against a system that hasn't even been implemented yet, and no one on these forums has any idea how it will work or what any kind of restrictions there might be. You do realize that Disney knows that people sleep in on vacation, so it is very possible that they will hold back reservations for people like you. Time will certainly tell.

I also don't understand your assertion that AK has only 4 attractions. 🤷‍♂️

Here is the list. I've starred the ones that will probably be part of Genie+.

*It's Tough to be a Bug
*Na'vi River Journey
*Festival of the Lion King
*Kilimanjaro Safaris
Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail
Rafiki's Planet Watch
*Finding Nemo - The Musical
Maharajah Jungle Trek
*Kali River Rapids
Expedition Everest
*UP! A Great Bird Adventure
Donald’s Dino-Bash!
Boneyard
*Tricera Top Spin
*Dinosaur
Seriously? Ones that you would pay for and ones that will have wait times

you would pay for Gorilla Falls?

and the rest will not be offered on Genie+, including FOP and Safari b you have to pay IAS

Have you read anything on this Genie+ thing at all?

Jeff4272

Original Poster
7am, you book your first ride (let's say BTMR) for 9am. Stay onsite, get to parks for the half hour early entry. Ride 7DMT and SM. Head over to BTMR for your 9am slot. Once in line, book your next ride, something that interests you and doesn't have a time too far out. Rinse and repeat for the day. You will be able to ride a good amount of rides, not all the ones you want to, but I'd say at LEAST three of the ones you must do.
Correct.....works in MK (except you have to pay AND get up at 7am to reserve AND rope drop)

No problem there right El Magnifico? except for the 75% of guests that dont rope drop

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Seriously? Ones that you would pay for and ones that will have wait times

you would pay for Gorilla Falls?

and the rest will not be offered on Genie+, including FOP and Safari b you have to pay IAS

Have you read anything on this Genie+ thing at all?
I didn't place a star by Gorilla Falls. If FoP and Safari end up being the 2, the Everest will be there on Genie+ instead. Still 9 attractions available to reserve.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom