the MANY problems with Genie+ and paid FastPass (or whatever they are calling it)

Jeff4272

Original Poster
1) Lets start with the obvious......$15 pp per day.....that stinks bad
2) Not having ALL rides in Genie+.......So i have to pay more for the best rides? Yes!!!
3) Rope Drop or die........If you are an afternoon/evening park goer, Genie+ will be completely irrelevant due to the lack or options at those later times
4) 7am? Really? Every day? Really?
5) Not enough rides........AK and Epcot will only have 4 rides in Genie+.....even if you book one early, what are the chances there's nothing left for your second one (or worse, the only option is Navi or Kali)
6) Glued to my phone all day? Exact opposite of what I'm trying to do w my 3 teenagers, especially on vacation
7) Still need Park Pass so doesn't "FREE" guests from planning
8) Still need to book dining 60 days out (see 7)
9) No incentive to stay onsite any longer

*i did post this on a different forum but wanted to post here also

Rteetz

1. Could be worse, and no one is forcing you to pay
2. That was expected
3. Not true
4. You are not required to wake up at 7AM. If you were going for a boarding group you would have to anyways tho.
5. FastPass+ has the same type of thing with tiers but go on.
6. No need to be glued to your phone all day but if you want go for it.
7. Even without a park pass some planning is required. This is less advance planning. You did more with FastPass+
8. You don't need to but you can. It used to be 180 days...
9. This should be a good thing. People can now stay off site and get the same perks and spend less money. Giving you more money for Genie+ ;)

Jeff4272

Original Poster
1. Could be worse, and no one is forcing you to pay
2. That was expected
3. Not true
4. You are not required to wake up at 7AM. If you were going for a boarding group you would have to anyways tho.
5. FastPass+ has the same type of thing with tiers but go on.
6. No need to be glued to your phone all day but if you want go for it.
7. Even without a park pass some planning is required. This is less advance planning. You did more with FastPass+
8. You don't need to but you can. It used to be 180 days...
Disney apologists are the worst........

1) was free, now not....so you'd rather pay than have free? If so, i dont need to move to #2
2) Paying for the top 2 rides separately was not expected anywhere
3) VERY true
4) ummmm yes, 7am is when you need to book if you want to make it worth the money
5) But i could get 3 with FP+ and not liekly to get even 2 with Genie+
6) Yeah you do
7) plan one time 2 months out or every monring while there? apologist
8) 60 days........

Rteetz

Disney apologists are the worst........

1) was free, now not....so you'd rather pay than have free? If so, i dont need to move to #2
2) Paying for the top 2 rides separately was not expected anywhere
3) VERY true
4) ummmm yes, 7am is when you need to book if you want to make it worth the money
5) But i could get 3 with FP+ and not liekly to get even 2 with Genie+
6) Yeah you do
7) plan one time 2 months out or every monring while there? apologist
8) 60 days........
Lol far from a Disney apologist but thanks.

2. You don't read much here if you didn't expect premium rides to cost more.
4. Just telling you, you don't have to if you don't want
5. How do you know you won't get two?
6. No you don't
7. Again used to have to plan 180 days in advance but I guess 60 days is still too far out for you. Maybe Disney isn't your place.
8. Better than 180.

Kamikaze

1) Everyone getting it free (and thus the FP lines being long and/or not available) is worse than a pay to play system that not everyone uses.
2) The option would be to have ONLY virtual queue for the biggest attractions. I'd rather be able to pay if I choose to or miss the Boarding Group.
3) First, if you don't go at rope drop you are missing the best opportunity to do attractions during the day anyway, so your argument is already pretty invalid. However, this isn't the case, as you can only have 1 reservation at a time, and with less people using a paid system than a free one, there is a much higher chance of the ride you want being available later in the day.
4) See #3. Also, why are you still sleeping? Its 7am.
5) You (or any of us) don't know how many will be available, so you can't make that argument. Also, you can choose to just not get it for AK if you think the value isn't there because of the lack of attractions.
6) You only need to use your phone to book the first attraction from your hotel, and then after you use that one you book another. It takes literally seconds. MaxPass has done it this way for years and works fantastically. It was actually worse because you couldn't buy MaxPass until you had scanned into the park for the day.
7) ParkPass is a completely different issue, and will not be one once park capacity is at 100%. The parks will not sell out at that point so you'll be able to switch your reservations before you attend a park for the day.
8) Yes, but they aren't going to stop doing dining reservations. And you don't need to do table service. I love them personally, but this is a separate issue from Genie+.
9) Isn't this better? It gives you more reason to stay at a cheaper location.

Jeff4272

Original Poster
1) Everyone getting it free (and thus the FP lines being long and/or not available) is worse than a pay to play system that not everyone uses.
2) The option would be to have ONLY virtual queue for the biggest attractions. I'd rather be able to pay if I choose to or miss the Boarding Group.
3) First, if you don't go at rope drop you are missing the best opportunity to do attractions during the day anyway, so your argument is already pretty invalid. However, this isn't the case, as you can only have 1 reservation at a time, and with less people using a paid system than a free one, there is a much higher chance of the ride you want being available later in the day.
4) See #3. Also, why are you still sleeping? Its 7am.
5) You (or any of us) don't know how many will be available, so you can't make that argument. Also, you can choose to just not get it for AK if you think the value isn't there because of the lack of attractions.
6) You only need to use your phone to book the first attraction from your hotel, and then after you use that one you book another. It takes literally seconds. MaxPass has done it this way for years and works fantastically. It was actually worse because you couldn't buy MaxPass until you had scanned into the park for the day.
7) ParkPass is a completely different issue, and will not be one once park capacity is at 100%. The parks will not sell out at that point so you'll be able to switch your reservations before you attend a park for the day.
8) Yes, but they aren't going to stop doing dining reservations. And you don't need to do table service. I love them personally, but this is a separate issue from Genie+.
9) Isn't this better? It gives you more reason to stay at a cheaper location.
They can take your money, not mine

Jeff4272

Original Poster
Well, again, since a poll only had around 56% saying they would, it would be less than 40,000. And yes, if that many people want to buy in, you can bet that Disney will let them.
Ummmmmmm no they wont.........you cant be serious can you?

Kamikaze

Well, again, since a poll only had around 56% saying they would, it would be less than 40,000. And yes, if that many people want to buy in, you can bet that Disney will let them.
There IS a cap based on the number of Fastpasses a park has available.

It is higher than 30%.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom