Daily housekeeping?

Communicora

Premium Member
This is a tough situation. If they are still understaffed, I don't think that it is reasonable to expect housekeeping to waste time with something like making beds every day. I would much rather that they focus on keeping rooms clean between guests. The more work that they have to accomplish in the day, the more that work suffers. I also don't think that it is fair to compare other hotel chains to WDW. Just the amount of rooms that Disney has compared to even some place like US is not even comparable.
Or they should fill fewer rooms until they have the staff to provide proper housekeeping.

Lilofan

This is a tough situation. If they are still understaffed, I don't think that it is reasonable to expect housekeeping to waste time with something like making beds every day. I would much rather that they focus on keeping rooms clean between guests. The more work that they have to accomplish in the day, the more that work suffers. I also don't think that it is fair to compare other hotel chains to WDW. Just the amount of rooms that Disney has compared to even some place like US is not even comparable.
If you've got most of the guests checking out of the rooms like on a Sunday, you need all hands on deck, fully staffed to clean the rooms. The new guests arriving in the late morning and early afternoon will be expecting / demanding to check into their rooms to start their Disney vacation.

crawale

Making the beds every day is not necessary. However changing the sheets during a two week stay or when one of your kids has an accident I do expect. If Disney deluxe hotels can't function as such they should not be charging deluxe prices.

jaklgreen

Making the beds every day is not necessary. However changing the sheets during a two week stay or when one of your kids has an accident I do expect. If Disney deluxe hotels can't function as such they should not be charging deluxe prices.

Yeah, at least giving you the sheets. It's funny because at Aulani, there have been mixed reports on what housekeeping is doing. Some say that they are changing sheets every 4 days, and some say that they will bring them up for you to change yourself. I don't see why they can't have a consistent schedule, like if you are staying for more then 7 days, to change it midway. I don't think it is necessary to change sheets more often then once every 5-7 days. A week is standard for most people to sleep on the same sheets. If your kid has an accident, well that is totally different discussion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom