Are you buying Genie+

Will you buy Genie+

• Total voters

Mark Dunne

What seems to be missing here, is this, both Disneyland and Disneyland Paris are really 1-2 day parks, so I kinda get why they do it there( don’t agree at all , but you can see there reasoning I guess ) but Disney world is a completely different animal, people especially outside the USA, generally make this there vacation, so stay for 7-14 nights, maybe more, and that’s the big issue I have, family’s of say 4-8 could be paying for up to $1600 just for payed rides, I’ve just done the maths, 8 in a family , every day buying LP, for 14 nights will be $1620 , 😳, that is absolutely crazy , the genie app may be a good idea, but LP for Orlando is a terrible idea, even universal is a 1-2 day park , so family’s may be more inclined to pay for them, but vacation stayers at WDW, not good I’m afraid

NickMaio

What seems to be missing here, is this, both Disneyland and Disneyland Paris are really 1-2 day parks, so I kinda get why they do it there( don’t agree at all , but you can see there reasoning I guess ) but Disney world is a completely different animal, people especially outside the USA, generally make this there vacation, so stay for 7-14 nights, maybe more, and that’s the big issue I have, family’s of say 4-8 could be paying for up to $1600 just for payed rides, I’ve just done the maths, 8 in a family , every day buying LP, for 14 nights will be $1620 , 😳, that is absolutely crazy , the genie app may be a good idea, but LP for Orlando is a terrible idea, even universal is a 1-2 day park , so family’s may be more inclined to pay for them, but vacation stayers at WDW, not good I’m afraid
Yes it is crazy...........
All of it leaves a bitter taste in your mouth.
Especially after everything over the last almost 2 years.........
WDW needed to step up and remind people how important they are too them.
We all know it's about money, it has always been. However, WDW used to do it differently. Perks were a great plus and really made the trip and money spent worth it.
People, also be sure to email Disney directly about your feelings.
Still shaking my head over this.............

Muffinpants

Original Poster
I would hope if a family is staying for more than 5 days they would realize they had time to take it slower and not have to spend that kinda money. Maybe use it 2-3 days to get the longer rides done than back to standby. But this all depends on how bad standby lines will be once this goes into effect. If Disney cuts boats and boards less people to make it seem like a longer line.. to get more genie+ sales.. it's gonna be nightmare for everyone. If I spend 15$ and still have to wait 45 min.. it will be the last time we go to Disney.

eliza61nyc

Yes it is crazy...........
All of it leaves a bitter taste in your mouth.
Especially after everything over the last almost 2 years.........
WDW needed to step up and remind people how important they are too them.
We all know it's about money, it has always been. However, WDW used to do it differently. Perks were a great plus and really made the trip and money spent worth it.
People, also be sure to email Disney directly about your feelings.
Still shaking my head over this.............
I think this might be directed toward newbies. One thing we've got to remember is most folks here are "old-timers" 😜.
A few things I've noticed about some of the things that are different from some of the "newer" generation visitors to the world.
1). They are used to "fees". Lol everyone I rant to about parking fees looks at me like I'm crazy. They are use to resort fees, parking fees etc. They don't remember a time when all that stuff was free.
2) they like instantaneous. So we are looking at it from just a money cost perspective, my young neighbor is looking at it from a convenience perspective. "I can pay an extra 500 bucks and never wait"??? Yeah sign me up.

NickMaio

I think this might be directed toward newbies. One thing we've got to remember is most folks here are "old-timers" 😜.
A few things I've noticed about some of the things that are different from some of the "newer" generation visitors to the world.
1). They are used to "fees". Lol everyone I rant to about parking fees looks at me like I'm crazy. They are use to resort fees, parking fees etc. They don't remember a time when all that stuff was free.
2) they like instantaneous. So we are looking at it from just a money cost perspective, my young neighbor is looking at it from a convenience perspective. "I can pay an extra 500 bucks and never wait"??? Yeah sign me up.
Ya I know......this is definitely not for seasoned park hoppers.
Cmon it really sucks to need to pay for something that was a WDW peek now. No matter how much cute IP is thrown in the app andvservice.

eliza61nyc

Ya I know......this is definitely not for seasoned park hoppers.
Cmon it really sucks to need to pay for something that was a WDW peek now. No matter how much cute IP is thrown in the app andvservice.
oh you are sooo preaching to the choir and if they had to move toward a paid system, why couldn't they make it a flat say 50 bucks for your entire trip. at least pretend that they weren't trying to fleece people. I voted wait and see. Im pretty lucky in now my minions are college grads and pretending to be adults so we have a bit more flexibility in when we can go. We generally go late August/early September so we're hoping that the crowds will be naturally lower and we can get by with standby.
Actually I'm hoping it will be a complete failure and by 2023 it will be gone

John park hopper

Disney needs to develop a memory wiping scan for us old timers who say "well I remember when Disney was like this ".Then I could go to WDW and everything would be new and I wouldn't remember when things were perks and prices weren't out the roof. Unfortunately my long term memory is very good --just the short term is bad I go to the garage and forget what I was going to get.

DocAndy

Think I will wait a year or two to renew my annual pass and see what Disney does to earn my loyalty back. Universal Premium will give me free express after 4pm and Sea World Parks Platinum gives me reserved seating and front of the line pass daily which will enterain my family (both with preferred parking) in the meantime, and let Disney decide if they want repeat visitors bringing their friends and relatives and dining in their restaurants again. (When I paid extra for a water view and was given a view of a little fountain down the sidewalk and had to wait until 6pm to get room access, I decided I liked my Lifetime Titanium Marriott and Hilton Diamond perks and upgrades much better). I don't mind paying more for an inclusive pass, but will absolutely not put my family in a nickle-and-dime situation when I spend my weakends in Orlando twice a month (before COVID reduced my travels). Lots of other places to escape the daily routine in Central Florida.

twilight mitsuk

Disney needs to develop a memory wiping scan for us old timers who say "well I remember when Disney was like this ".Then I could go to WDW and everything would be new and I wouldn't remember when things were perks and prices weren't out the roof. Unfortunately my long term memory is very good --just the short term is bad I go to the garage and forget what I was going to get.
1629651869994.jpeg

obiviate charm

NickMaio

I am not sure where you saw that but I think that is false. Photopass is included at Disneyland only, Disneyworld will not have any sort of photopass or memory maker included
Some sources say WDW will have free photo pass with genie plus.
DFB just did a video about it a day or two ago.

NickMaio

oh you are sooo preaching to the choir and if they had to move toward a paid system, why couldn't they make it a flat say 50 bucks for your entire trip. at least pretend that they weren't trying to fleece people. I voted wait and see. Im pretty lucky in now my minions are college grads and pretending to be adults so we have a bit more flexibility in when we can go. We generally go late August/early September so we're hoping that the crowds will be naturally lower and we can get by with standby.
Actually I'm hoping it will be a complete failure and by 2023 it will be gone
We have a 4 year old and a 2 week old......I think WDW is banking on us getting Gplus to avoid waiting in the heat.

Karakasa

The aforementioned rumors of Photopass being included with Genie+ make it a maybe leaning to yes. Sure, it takes a previously free service and charges for it, but if it also takes a previously much more expensive service and makes it cheaper? Now that's maybe worth it.

Otherwise,
maybe leaning to no. I don't want to reward Disney for bad ideas. I agree with the earlier post that mentions why it's a bad idea for WDW in particular. The other Disney resorts, okay, sure, but with how long some people stay at Disney World makes it add up, and add up hard.

Edit: Ah, apparently, the Photopass is for DL only? Well then...

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Some sources say WDW will have free photo pass with genie plus.
DFB just did a video about it a day or two ago.

I think Disneyland's MaxPass included PhotoPass, so that may be why people are thinking it will be included with Genie+. I find that incredibly unlikely since it already cost far more than Genie+ at WDW and people were paying it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom