Are you buying Genie+

Will you buy Genie+

• Total voters

Muffinpants

Original Poster
apparently acording to my stocks buddys parks were at max capacity last month pre covid capacity and since the announcement of genie+ stocks are soaring ... so they dont care what any of us think lol

Last edited:

JusticeDisney

Hearing this has made me realize I won't be going back to WDW for a long, long..... LOOOOOOONG time. It's not because I can't afford it. I can. It's the absolutely ridiculous greed. I'd have been happy if they made it $100 per ticket per day, all in. People who can afford it get it, but most folks aren't going to. I'd have purchased it at that cost. Because they made it "affordable".... "I mean, it's only $15 per day!!!!"... they've now made it impossible to enjoy the parks without it, and basically just increased prices across the board by umpteen percent, not to mention charging extra you for any "good ride" you want to go on.

My opinion in three words... "EFF YOU DISNEY!"
Bye!

mp80237

Yes. We are headed to Disney World next year. But this will most likely be the last time at Disney. I rented DVC points (for 2 weeks), and that is not refundable. If it was, my son and I would be headed to Europe. While I love Disney 'magic', I stayed with Disney for another reason. It felt safe. Disney kept me because I (female) could walk around Disney by myself at midnight (after a couple of drinks at Disney Springs or Epcot) without having to worry about something bad happening. The price I paid for the DVC rentals and tickets would provide me with a nice vacation to Europe. I have always wanted to go, but have been a bit fearful. I have to thank Disney for this. They have given me the kick in the pants I needed to go elsewhere. Every year, for many, many years we switched off between Disney World and Disneyland. My son is older. He loves Disney, but he wouldn't mind seeing the rest of the world. And I do thank Disney. If they kept everything the same, it would be the annual trek. Now, I am not so scared anymore. I am looking for new adventures. I am getting excited.....

Muffinpants

Original Poster
Souring or soaring? It's been on a slight steady downwards path since March, it's certainly not showing anything to be proud of.
hahaha you are correct let me fix that dummy mistake. Maybe he has info the public dosnt? idk he works for some company and uses bloomberg. idk how to read that stuff so I took his word for it. Maybe hes wrong

graphite1326

I can't see paying it for EPCOT. If I get there at rope drop and do Soarin and then over to TT I think I would be ok for everything else. However I might do the $15.00 for a park like MK. Get there early for the tier 1 rides and use G+ for the rides up front of the park when the crowds start coming in that aren't staying on Disney property. Sound like a plan?

JusticeDisney

I can't see paying it for EPCOT. If I get there at rope drop and do Soarin and then over to TT I think I would be ok for everything else. However I might do the $15.00 for a park like MK. Get there early for the tier 1 rides and use G+ for the rides up front of the park when the crowds start coming in that aren't staying on Disney property. Sound like a plan?
Good points. The LL individual selections might be worth it though for Rat and GOTG once they are both up and running.

NickMaio

apparently acording to my stocks buddys parks were at max capacity last month pre covid capacity and since the announcement of genie+ stocks are soaring ... so they dont care what any of us think lol
Right now they don't, but in 5-10 years they might.
A lot of seasoned visitors are really getting tired of this nickel and dime crap, and exclusive after hours party's.......
Halloween in early August? .

LovePop

I'm not paying for Genie+ for 2 reasons: 1. It doesn't include the most popular rides, the rides that I truly need fastpass for. The rest of the rides, I can manage with little wait time anyway. So it will be a waste. 2. I don't trust it. There were many times when posted wait time at Toy Story Mania, say, is 30 minutes, and when we got inside there was no line at all. Back when fastpass was free, that didn't hurt anything. But now, how would people enjoy paying for fastpass just to find out that it was a waste? Instead of paying for Genie+, it's better to save the money and use it to pay directly for the popular rides such as Splash Mountain or Rise of the Resistance.

MouseMelly

I'm not paying for Genie+ for 2 reasons: 1. It doesn't include the most popular rides, the rides that I truly need fastpass for. The rest of the rides, I can manage with little wait time anyway. So it will be a waste. 2. I don't trust it. There were many times when posted wait time at Toy Story Mania, say, is 30 minutes, and when we got inside there was no line at all. Back when fastpass was free, that didn't hurt anything. But now, how would people enjoy paying for fastpass just to find out that it was a waste? Instead of paying for Genie+, it's better to save the money and use it to pay directly for the popular rides such as Splash Mountain or Rise of the Resistance.
Will you be able to pay for LL without Genie access?

Californian Elitist

Wow, just was talking with my neighbor who has 3 small kids, lol she said she'd pay just about anything to avoid standing in line.

I wonder how many folks feel that way
I’m sure many feel this way.

Disney knows this and they’re taking advantage of these types of situations and guests. Disney executives literally laugh and crack jokes about guests that continue to spend their money at the parks, no matter what, or even when they think they’re saving money on a deal. I’ve been in the room and have witnessed this myself. Very disheartening and uncomfortable to listen to big wigs laugh and make fun of their own customers and guests. But your neighbor and many people here are the exact types of guests they’re looking for; folks willing to spend money, no matter the price, no matter the dip in quality, no matter how happy or disappointed they are with the company… They take the money and literally laugh all the way to the bank.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I’m sure many feel this way.

Disney knows this and they’re taking advantage of these types of situations and guests. Disney executives literally laugh and crack jokes about guests that continue to spend their money at the parks, no matter what, or even when they think they’re saving money on a deal. I’ve been in the room and have witnessed this myself. Very disheartening and uncomfortable to listen to big wigs laugh and make fun of their own customers and guests. But your neighbor and many people here are the exact types of guests they’re looking for; folks willing to spend money, no matter the price, no matter the dip in quality, no matter how happy or disappointed they are with the company… They take the money and literally laugh all the way to the bank.

How much direct experience do you have with the executives? I believe you 100% I'm just curious how close you've gotten and wonder why someone like yourself, who actually DESERVES it, didn't get put into a position like that.

Californian Elitist

How much direct experience do you have with the executives? I believe you 100% I'm just curious how close you've gotten and wonder why someone like yourself, who actually DESERVES it, didn't get put into a position like that.
The beginning of my pre-training involved a few higher ups. Also, the DCP courses were taught by higher ups. I never worked with any of them one-on-one, thank God. I would have been even more miserable. They don’t want people who actually care about the company that Walt Disney built. They want folks who care about making money and finding new ways to extract money from guests. Otherwise, your opinion is invalid and unwanted. I also learned that during one of the sessions I had.

Working for Disney was very eye-opening, and not in a good way. I was disgusted.

Jrb1979

When ticket books were replaced with one and multi-day "passports", that ended the then long standing process of paying per-ride. You paid more to get into the park, but now could go on rides as many times as you could within a day's visit.

When FASTPASS was introduced in 1999, part of its selling point was that it was a free service. It was meant to indirectly get you to spend money on other things elsewhere, but the line skipping program itself was not. Other parks may have charged for a similar service, but part of the "Disney difference" was that their version was free.

Now he we are decades later, with significantly inflated ticket prices, including variable pricing, and they want us to pay MORE on top of that to go on the rides?

No. I am not paying extra to go on rides that have been there for years that Disney can no longer properly staff or maintain.

I've never paid for a similar service. The only time I had Universal Express was when I've stayed at one of their Deluxe hotels.

I'd honestly rather they expand After Hours or VIP services than this.
Other then my home amusement park, I almost always buy the skip the line system. J

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom