Say NO To Genie+ PETITION

DisneyDefenders

Original Poster
It's time to draw a line!

Sign the petition and SAY NO TO GENIE+!

Say No To Genie+.png

drizgirl

Quite honestly this is basically the same as maxpass in dl. Slightly higher cost and obviously the additional cost of the tier one rides. But just like with maxpass; you don't have to use it. Personally, I will get the genie+ but I won't be paying extra for the tier 1 rides.
No it isn't. MaxPass at DLR was almost exclusively for top tier rides. The plan that's comparable in cost to MaxPass is for everything EXCEPT the top tier rides.

Last edited:

DisneyDefenders

Original Poster
Quite honestly this is basically the same as maxpass in dl. Slightly higher cost and obviously the additional cost of the tier one rides. But just like with maxpass; you don't have to use it. Personally, I will get the genie+ but I won't be paying extra for the tier 1 rides.

Quite honestly, this is basically the same as the Fastpass system Walt Disney World has had for over 22 years, except now they are going to charge for it and you get even less than you did with the free system, because the most popular rides won't even be included unless you pay even more. It is outrageous and we can't let this mindless grasping for profit continue.

the_rich

Quite honestly, this is basically the same as the Fastpass system Walt Disney World has had for over 22 years, except now they are going to charge for it and you get even less than you did with the free system, because the most popular rides won't even be included unless you pay even more. It is outrageous and we can't let this mindless grasping for profit continue.
So don't go. No petition is going to get them to stop this. The only way is for it to actually lose them money.

DisneyDefenders

Original Poster
So don't go. No petition is going to get them to stop this. The only way is for it to actually lose them money.
If you took the time to actually read the petition @ http://chng.it/sVqTkwdJcz you would see that it calls for those who sign to boycott Genie+, precisely because you are right...we must make this bad decision cost the company to lose money before we completely lose the magic in Disney that is left.

the_rich

If you took the time to actually read the petition @ http://chng.it/sVqTkwdJcz you would see that it calls for those who sign to boycott Genie+, precisely because you are right...we must make this bad decision cost the company to lose money before we completely lose the magic in Disney that is left.
I did read the petition. Just not getting genie+ will do nothing. If you still go to the parks then it will have no effect. I'm sure disney has done countless guest surveys and the consensus is people are willing to pay for it.

DisneyDodo

Going to Disney and not buying Genie+ is not hurting them. You would be paying the same $ you were before, while accepting that you will receive less for it. The only way this move would ever be reversed is if it causes enough guests to refrain from going altogether that the loss offsets the additional revenue they get from G+ and IAS

GimpYancIent

All of you are absolutely correct! If people will not purchase / pay for Genie / Genie+ Disney makes no money or not enough to make the project worth the effort and it will go away. First, however, it will be implemented then it's up to the visitors to not utilize it and allow it to fail despite Disney advertising propaganda.

BasiltheBatLord

It's not, because Genie is more limited and there was always a free FastPass option which is no longer the case. The only benefit of MaxPass was not having to physically walk to the FastPass kiosks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom