Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

TimeTrip

I suppose the VQ and guest who purchase the ride are combined. Lightning Lane for Rise is a combo of guests who purchased the ride or landed a BP. Lightning Lane for the Genie + rides are for guests who got a Lightning Pass with Genie +. But again, I could be wrong but I do not see how it would not work this way. And it also depends how much Rise really ends up being to purchase. If its only $24 dollars per person on the busiest of days many will purchase it (I used $24 since that was the example on the high end for the range suggested in the Genie plus announcement article). I see no scenario where any ride in WDW has 3 lines. There are 3/4 lines systems but only 2 lines on every ride from how I see it.

We need to be careful about the term VQ, and standby VQ. I think they're getting mushed together. Standby VQ is the DLP system, where you can get a return time if the standby line gets too long. VQ (as in the MDE app) is the boarding pass system... for now. I wonder if VQ will continue to be boarding group number based versus "return time based".

DisneyDodo

Watching all the confusion about "genie" "genie+" and "lightning lane" and "individual attractions" and how one relates to the other, it amazes me how Disney screwed up the naming so badly.
Couldn't they have done "genie" "lightning lane" (currently genie+) and "lightning lane+" (currently individual attractions selection) or something?

Sigh.
I think Disney wanted to give off the impression that their main announcement was the introduction of the new, free Genie app. By calling paid line-skipping "Genie+," they make it sound like this is just some sort of premium version of the app, rather than a completely separate paid service that will have 100 times the impact on your trip as the free app does.

donsullivan

Premium Member
This is
Unless I wanna ride an E that has no BG/VQ left and only $LL remaining. Then it’s a $4-$24 increase pp/ride.

But ya, it’s a simple $15 per day increase. On a trip most spend some hundreds pp/day.

$15/$500 = $0.03. It’s not even nickel/dime. It’s turning over the couch cushions for pennies.

The price of something is one thing. The unabashed and transparent search for the customers loose change is another.
And if you had been unable to get a VQ for Rise yesterday you would not be able to ride. Once this is in place, if you do not get a VQ you will not be able to ride.

Those two are the same- no difference. The difference comes that you have a new option 'available' you did not have to jump the VQ and get on board for a fee. Today you have no way to solve the lack of a VQ for Rise, when this is in place you will have an 'option' to decide how much you want to ride It that you do not have today. You are not forced to pay the extra for rise if you do not get a VQ slot you do not ride- exactly as it is today.

Waters Back Side

We need to be careful about the term VQ, and standby VQ. I think they're getting mushed together. Standby VQ is the DLP system, where you can get a return time if the standby line gets too long. VQ (as in the MDE app) is the boarding pass system... for now. I wonder if VQ will continue to be boarding group number based versus "return time based".

Itt'll be barding group number based. Same as now. Standby VQ is a part of Disney Premier Access which is not the system WDW is implementing. Instead its the Genie. However its been mentioned on here they might do away with the BQ all together for Rise and just make it a ride you purchase individually separate from Genie.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In the graphic, they call it *.LL*
Indeed. When you call CS, make sure they understand you by telling them you have a question about Star Dot Ell Ell Star.

It will clear up all confusion.

1629389872289.png

techgeek

If I’m a day guest or even a local AP, and I miss the RotR BG lottery at 7am, can I buy my Genie + Premium Access LL up charge pass at 7:01am, or do I have to wait until I swipe into the park?

If G++LL sells out for the day by 7:05, does this mean non-resort guests could have their opportunity to ride Rise dramatically reduced… even if they wanted to pay?

Do we think there will still be a free BG afternoon lottery? Or the possibly of the pay-to-ride passes being trickled out throughout the day instead of dropping the whole days block in the morning?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think Disney wanted to give off the impression that their main announcement was the introduction of the new, free Genie app. By calling paid line-skipping "Genie+," they make it sound like this is just some sort of premium version of the app, rather than a completely separate paid service that will have 100 times the impact on your trip as the free app does.

The naming here was bad... This is the first time I think Disney has had a + brand active at the same time as the prior non-plus brand. Am I missing one?

They should have kept pushing the MDE brand and promote a new wave of functionality via the Genie...
Then introduced Lightning Lanes as the paid service... one use at a time
Then introduced another name for the paid on-demand LL. Let's call them LLoD - Lightning Lanes on Demand. Or even something basic like 'Extra Lightning Lanes' - which people could easily understand it is a suped up or special version of Lightning Lane use.

Genie+ as a brand adds nothing...

Raineman

When this system is brought online, it would be very interesting to hear people's experiences without it. For example, if someone spends all day at MK, from rope drop to close, on a mid-week day in November, and does not pay any extra, how many attractions did they fit in, what was their average wait time, and how would that compare to a similar day two years ago with FP+.

lazyboy97o

This is

And if you had been unable to get a VQ for Rise yesterday you would not be able to ride. Once this is in place, if you do not get a VQ you will not be able to ride.

Those two are the same- no difference. The difference comes that you have a new option 'available' you did not have to jump the VQ and get on board for a fee. Today you have no way to solve the lack of a VQ for Rise, when this is in place you will have an 'option' to decide how much you want to ride It that you do not have today. You are not forced to pay the extra for rise if you do not get a VQ slot you do not ride- exactly as it is today.
But in order to offer that second option you first have to reduce the availability of the first one. Your chances of getting a Boarding Group have now been reduced and every incentive is there to keep pushing that reduction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom