News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJR

Have you ridden Everest today? I’d be curious if one would be required there.

Everest goes inside. Specifically after the backwards drop. You'd also need it on for most of the queue (which is indoors, directly before loading) and the gift shop exit. I feel confident saying that masks are still required for Everest.

Even if they are not forcing people to wear masks on the ride, they should if they're following CDC guidelines, as it's very clearly a building. It has walls, doors, and even air conditioning. Never mind that people who wouldn't wear masks on the ride probably would forget to put them on before entering the gift shop. It's just a recipe for rule breaking, if they are.

Last edited:

FantasiaMickey2000

Everest goes inside. Specifically after the backwards drop. You'd also need it on for most of the queue (which is indoors, directly before loading) and the gift shop exit. I feel confident saying that masks are still required for Everest.

Even if they are not forcing people to wear masks on the ride, they should if they're following CDC guidelines, as it's very clearly a building. It has walls, doors, and even air conditioning. Never mind that people who wouldn't wear masks on the ride probably would forget to put them on before entering the gift shop. It's just a recipe for rule breaking, if they are.
Just asking the question mate. I think people will want to know which rides require it and which don’t for a variety of reasons.

CJR

Just asking the question mate. I think people will want to know which rides require it and which don’t for a variety of reasons.

Completely understand. I was just answering it with reasoning that I believe makes sense. It's an indoor/outdoor coaster. I don't see how they could argue that it's all outdoors.

Then again, they did get away with it on JC, which goes through the cave/temple scene. Jungle Cruise doesn't exit it into an airconditioned gift shop though. I think that would slow the ride down if they had to wait for people to reapply masks before entering. I still speculate a lot wouldn't and just walk through it unmasked.

FantasiaMickey2000

Completely understand. I was just answering it with reasoning that I believe makes sense. It's an indoor/outdoor coaster. I don't see how they could argue that it's all outdoors.

Then again, they did get away with it on JC, which goes through the cave/temple scene. Jungle Cruise doesn't exit it into an airconditioned gift shop though. I think that would slow the ride down if they had to wait for people to reapply masks before entering. I still speculate a lot wouldn't and just walk through it unmasked.
Yup, that’s my thought. If it’s not required on jungle cruise then I’d think attractions like Big Thunder and Everest wouldn’t require it but they may not be being consistent across all attractions.

Reactions: CJR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom