News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeriofTerror

Was that an email?
Yes, entitled "Health & Safety Update for Walt Disney World Resort." :)
_blR_UJ_pEc0zCSms4JA7CPnMMHOsLr-opWKO7Yxvdu1oP6Pb0nstGHy3-eqVCatX_AqN5ujbk-c1A26su0=s0-d-e1-ft
_blR_UJ_pEc0zCSms4JA7CPnMMHOsLr-opWKO7Yxvdu1oP6Pb0nstGHy3-eqVCatX_AqN5ujbk-c1A26su0=s0-d-e1-ft

Crunchie9

What I received from Disney:
Since May, face coverings have been optional for Guests in outdoor common areas, and beginning Thursday, August 19, face coverings will also be optional for Guests in outdoor attractions, outdoor queues and outdoor theaters at Walt Disney World Resort. As a reminder, face coverings remain required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) while indoors and in Disney buses, monorail and Disney Skyliner, regardless of vaccination status.
Sounds like they can’t wait to get the masks off

jpinkc

I think this is a bit crazy when looking at the Covid situation in Florida. I know masks HELP control the spread but I do understand its no silver bullet and neither is a vacinnation.

boufa

I was there last week... this is more of a clarification than anything else... cast members were all over the place with the enforcement of the policy.

Rode Haunted Mansion several times... 1 cast member wanted masks as soon as we entered the que, by the middle of liberty square, one time the cast member wanted masks only when passing through the fence line (under the stand by time sign), and the other time they wanted us to wear the masks only when passing through the doors into the building.

The biggest problem with the inconsistency is a couple of cast members who are indignant and rude about it. I didn't need a mask in a specific outdoor space yesterday, yet they are actually yelling at me in frustration today about it. It was rare, but it did happen. This should clarify for them.

TrainsOfDisney

The biggest problem with the inconsistency is a couple of cast members who are indignant and rude about it. I didn't need a mask in a specific outdoor space yesterday, yet they are actually yelling at me in frustration today about it. It was rare, but it did happen. This should clarify for them.
That’s standard at WDW even in normal times. Disney Security always had new rules about how you should line up and walk through detectors and they frequently acted like you were stupid for not knowing what they wanted you to do.

It is extremely frustrating.

bebert

I was there last week... this is more of a clarification than anything else... cast members were all over the place with the enforcement of the policy.

Rode Haunted Mansion several times... 1 cast member wanted masks as soon as we entered the que, by the middle of liberty square, one time the cast member wanted masks only when passing through the fence line (under the stand by time sign), and the other time they wanted us to wear the masks only when passing through the doors into the building.

Spot on, they need to define outdoor que or specifically list attractions. I have heard similar stories of over the top CM's enforcing the rule when a line is no where near the attraction.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Ok…a clarification makes more sense.

I probably fell for the clickbait headline

CJR

Honestly, this is for the best. It keeps things consistent with California's parks and helps relieve CM's of unnecessary policing. It will increase guest satisfaction and according to the most current recommendations from the CDC, it's lower risk. It's a win-win really.

I think most people are OK putting a mask on indoors, as long as it's not a permanent measure (it pretty clearly is not). It's the outdoor part that kept some people away, I think. Don't get me wrong, there will be a few holdouts still, and to be honest, it's safer not to go, but this is fair for now.

Disstevefan1

I think this is a bit crazy when looking at the Covid situation in Florida. I know masks HELP control the spread but I do understand its no silver bullet and neither is a vacinnation.
The initial two week shutdown was to prevent the hospitals from being overloaded so folks could be treated for all the reasons folks go to the hospitals.

Fast forward to today. Overloading the hospitals is still the biggest potential problem.

In my opinion, since the vaccine does not prevent contracting or spreading the virus, the protocol should be:

Vaccine + Masks + Distancing + Sanitation + Washing hands + Self awareness.

I was never a fan of shutting down businesses. There were plenty of businesses that ran through the entire pandemic and because of that, survived.

There were many that shutdown never to reopen.

Just my opinion…

REG Glenn

Vaccines seem to be a good, as those who have it have some protection compared to those who are not vaccinated. We will know more about the side effects, if any, from this new type and never before used mRNA vaccine, a year from now. Distancing only makes sense indoors if the person with a virus is 40 feet away. Bottom line is this virus is very contagious, and with or without the vaccine, most will get it if you are in a public place. Fortunately the best immunity is the natural one provided by your body if you recover. Unfortunately, this respiratory virus will create serious problems for those susceptible.

Last edited by a moderator:

sWANNISAX

Having been there last week the masks in outside spaces and rides was my biggest annoyance. I was totally ok with it being required inside but when I'm in a queue that is cleary outside or shouldn't be required until I enter the building.

Trauma

When it’s warranted…which it’s absolutely not in Florida…soon to be probably everywhere.

stay the course…or reverse it if morons are in charge
My personal course is already set.

I’m vaccinated and plan to take the booster when necessary.

I will eventually catch covid.

I believe we all will.

Statistically speaking I should be just fine.

It not, I have had a good life.

Once children are eligible for the vaccine, hopefully soon, we will have run out of major population groups to protect except the unvaccinated.

At that point this mask nonsense will become much harder to accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom