DJ at MK exit

Lora Baines Bradley

Original Poster
Please move if not the right forum. I searched for this and didn’t find anything but I could have missed it.

I haven’t been to MK since May so this could be old info, but when did they start having an announcer and playing non-Main St music at park exit? It really took me by surprise when I left MK tonight. The announcer was telling people to have a great night, where to return wheelchairs, etc. It could be useful to have an announcer, but at the risk of sounding pretentious, the different music (a mix of scores like Incredibles and Monsters Inc & poppy songs) really broke immersion and felt weird.

Is this a permanent thing?

TrainsOfDisney

I don’t know any details of this but the use of modern (non-theme) music in the parks has been creeping in more and more. It’s the most noticeable when it happens on Main Street in my opinion.

It’s one of the reasons I dislike Move it Shake it so much... it’s very jarring and doesn’t compliment the theme of Main Street and the Magic Kingdom Castle Hub.

I’ve also noticed more and more CM’s with microphones instructing guests. I don’t like that at all... many times it sounds like they are barking orders and it reminds me more of a conveyor belt process at TSA.

So none of what you are describing sounds good to me :-/

Lora Baines Bradley

Original Poster
This wasn't an evening when the park was closing early for Snap-On Tools private event, was it?
Park closed at 9. There wasn’t anything in-app about a private event.
I don’t know any details of this but the use of modern (non-theme) music in the parks has been creeping in more and more. It’s the most noticeable when it happens on Main Street in my opinion.

It’s one of the reasons I dislike Move it Shake it so much... it’s very jarring and doesn’t compliment the theme of Main Street and the Magic Kingdom Castle Hub.

I’ve also noticed more and more CM’s with microphones instructing guests. I don’t like that at all... many times it sounds like they are barking orders and it reminds me more of a conveyor belt process at TSA.

So none of what you are describing sounds good to me :-/
I don’t mind the CMs with mics especially after fireworks since it can be insanity. Safety is the first key, after all.
I’ll be at MK today and investigate. The “turtle box” speaker/microphone really helps with wayfinding for guests, but as mentioned above, you have to make sure it sounds like assistance and not orders.
The guy was really peppy, so it wasn’t like he was barking orders. It was mostly telling people where to return wheelchairs and strollers. He was on top of the Railroad station facing the castle.

castlecake2.0

So I experienced this tonight. Im
Wondering if it’s because they had the after hours event? It almost sounded like the Fant! preshow music along with a person announcing over the speakers in town square (not just a handheld speaker, it was over the loud speakers). This was the craziest exit I’ve seen since pre Covid. They need to move the fireworks away from closing time because it was chaos and the man yelling over the speakers wasn’t helping

TrainsOfDisney

They do that for New Year’s Eve. I always watch fireworks from behind the castle and ride 7 dwarves mine train and Winnie the Pooh while hearing the dj shout “please follow the directions of cast members and move in a clockwise direction while exiting the hub”

COProgressFan

They do that for New Year’s Eve. I always watch fireworks from behind the castle and ride 7 dwarves mine train and Winnie the Pooh while hearing the dj shout “please follow the directions of cast members and move in a clockwise direction while exiting the hub”

Makes sense for NYE. Sounds tacky for a regular exit.

When Mickey and Minnie used to come out to wave goodbye from the train station at night...that was a nice touch.

TrainsOfDisney

Makes sense for NYE. Sounds tacky for a regular exit.

When Mickey and Minnie used to come out to wave goodbye from the train station at night...that was a nice touch.
Even on new year’s eve it was a bit much for the magic kingdom. I always thought nye at MK should have a live big band - like the ones that play at Disneyland at the old carnation gardens area. Instead we get a mediocre dj playing Miley Cyrus.

Lora Baines Bradley

Original Poster
So I experienced this tonight. Im
Wondering if it’s because they had the after hours event? It almost sounded like the Fant! preshow music along with a person announcing over the speakers in town square (not just a handheld speaker, it was over the loud speakers). This was the craziest exit I’ve seen since pre Covid. They need to move the fireworks away from closing time because it was chaos and the man yelling over the speakers wasn’t helping
Generally there’s something in the app if there’s an after hours event. The park closed at 9 when I went and everyone was leaving- no Halloween stuff or people coming in. I think it was a regular night.

castlecake2.0

Generally there’s something in the app if there’s an after hours event. The park closed at 9 when I went and everyone was leaving- no Halloween stuff or people coming in. I think it was a regular night.
Not a fan if they’re doing this every night. I’d suggest writing guest.services@disneyworld.com your thoughts. They’ll get your feedback to the right area. It’s not how I’d like to end my day at MK, like you said, it felt weird and out of character. They almost need to keep all the food venues open on Main Street an extra hour and encourage people to shop/eat for a bit to help spread crowds

TrainsOfDisney

They almost need to keep all the food venues open on Main Street an extra hour and encourage people to shop/eat for a bit to help spread crowds
That’s the old way of doing it. At Disneyland you could board a train that departed at midnight and step off the train about 20 minutes past closing. After stepping off the train at 12:20 am you could walk up Main Street and purchase a Starbucks drink and then grab some candy from the candy store and even get your fortune read before having to exit at 1 am.

peter11435

They app only shows hard ticket events that are available to guests. If it’s a private event/buy out such as the one that was held the other night.. these will not and have never been displayed in the app.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom