BOMA WATCH!

JusticeDisney

The Boma breakfast buffet is my favorite breakfast on property. It will be a shame if it's replaced or has significantly reduced offerings.
I’ve only ever had the dinner there and really enjoyed that experience. As for the breakfast, was there anything in particular that you really liked and would recommend?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Seems like multiple people are reporting that it's confirmed to be returning as a buffet.

Given the notoriety of Boma, they can't afford to screw it up the way they did Ohana.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ve only ever had the dinner there and really enjoyed that experience. As for the breakfast, was there anything in particular that you really liked and would recommend?
The best thing about boma for a long time was that it was the only spot for the “big breakfast spread” that you didn’t have to pay the character upcharge for…

and they had great variety/some uniqueness….

Beacon Joe

African Shrimp casserole.... I see what you did there !!!

OK. What's the joke? I thought it was a jab at what they pulled with the Sebastian's Bistrot menu, but I don't think the new place even has seafood available on the new improved menu. Which is odd since it's a seafood restaurant.

TrojanUSC

OK. What's the joke? I thought it was a jab at what they pulled with the Sebastian's Bistrot menu, but I don't think the new place even has seafood available on the new improved menu. Which is odd since it's a seafood restaurant.

'Ohana removed the skewered shrimp with a vile concoction known as "Island Shrimp Casserole," which was more like shrimp floating in cheesewater.

UNCgolf

As @Sirwalterraleigh said above, it was a full spread without a character upcharge, and also always had several unique African offerings. There were more options there than at other most of the other breakfast buffets, even some of the ones with characters -- e.g., I know there was a lot more variety at Boma than at Crystal Palace. Everything also seemed freshly cooked there.

I've been told Tusker House at Animal Kingdom had essentially the same breakfast buffet, but it was character dining and cost $15+ more per person.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As @Sirwalterraleigh said above, it was a full spread without a character upcharge, and also always had several unique African offerings. There were more options there than at other most of the other breakfast buffets, even some of the ones with characters -- e.g., I know there was a lot more variety at Boma than at Crystal Palace. Everything also seemed freshly cooked there.

I've been told Tusker House at Animal Kingdom had essentially the same breakfast buffet, but it was character dining and cost $15+ more per person.
I was gonna mention that about tusker…but I believe the reports are that it has fallen? 😔

UNCgolf

I was gonna mention that about tusker…but I believe the reports are that it has fallen? 😔

Yeah, it's open and family style right now. And the family style is basically just bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, waffles, and roasted potatoes (along with the standard pastries/bread) -- they have one additional unique dish and that's it. Still costs $42 a head, though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom