Can I Sneak a Guest Not on Reservation into my Disney Hotel?

nickys

Premium Member
And the wdw cm’s answering the phone shouldn’t be aware of this change?
The CMs on the phone line are i a call centre. Some may never have been to WDW ever. They often do give out incorrect or even contradicting information. They should know but they don’t always. And without defending Disney, when all the CMs have to go on is the website and a manual, maybe it isn’t all that surprising. Annoying - sure, surprising - less so.

MickeyLuv'r

And the wdw cm’s answering the phone shouldn’t be aware of this change?
Sure, CM's should know of the change.

I was more thinking it wasn't completely weird for a CM to say the Swan buses drop off at the entrance of MK, because they used to drop guests off there.

Given everything, I think it is a bit understandable a CM might forget that the location changed.

Mind, I've had multiple phone CM's completely lie to me in a way that was not good. One CM - somewhat recently - said she was quoting me a discount room rate, when she was actually giving me rack rate, and that was just one of the problems of that call.

The wait times to call WDW have also been completely absurd for months now. I get the feeling they are severely understaffed.

Robbiem

Because travel agents can be an awesome hassle-free experience for busy people and the agents arranging things want to give you the best experience possible. A Person doesn’t have to worry about anything when someone else does all the behind-the-scenes work to make the trip as perfect as possible. And some of them even sprinkle a little extra pixie dust and magic your way. Here’s looking at you @Kingdom Konsultant 😉

I’m not sure of US laws but If you book through an agent be very careful with the small print. I found myself trapped in Thailand last year because the airline (swiss) cancelled my flight, told me I had to rebook through my travel agent who I couldn’t get hold of. I ended up having to pay for additional flights and then take the agent to court in Germany to get my money back here in the UK.

My top tip would be to pay with a credit card, at least here in the UK that gives you some protections and they have paid me 100% refund for a different cancellation without taking an excess

Disone

Yes, because if something should happen and Disney thinks there was only 2 people in the room when there were really 3, that's not a problem whatsoever, now is it? :rolleyes:
True but also thats not really any different then someone staying with you in your personal residence. If something were to happen the authorities are not knowing to look for that extra person(s). It happens.
The person can be "sneaked" in. If you need a room key they may or may charge you for the third adult. They are suppose to but most of the time once a reservation is checked in that is more of a hassle and at their discretion.

If you don't need a room key they're not really going to know.

One caveat is the yacht club. If you intend to use normal long day you will absolutely have to be honest and let them know I stay with you.

markc

I’m not sure of US laws but If you book through an agent be very careful with the small print. I found myself trapped in Thailand last year because the airline (swiss) cancelled my flight, told me I had to rebook through my travel agent who I couldn’t get hold of. I ended up having to pay for additional flights and then take the agent to court in Germany to get my money back here in the UK.

My top tip would be to pay with a credit card, at least here in the UK that gives you some protections and they have paid me 100% refund for a different cancellation without taking an excess

You bring up a good point that many people aren't aware of.

Booking airline tickets through 3rd parties can be a mess when things go wrong. I understand using agents for specialized city/hotel itineraries (such as Disney World) if you want somebody to manage that hassle. But booking flights directly with the airlines is so easy, and very rarely will it ever be cheaper to book flights with an agent rather than directly with the airline due to published fares being relatively strict. I always suggest to people who do use agents to plan vacations to have them deal with the hotels/activities/ground transportation and then to book the flights on your own.

dmw

In the Parks
No
People use us because some of us are really good at what we do, along with the fact that we build a relationship with the client as well as act as their advocate in case an issue arises. I can tell you that travel agents do not make a whole lot of money. We do what we do because we love travel and we love helping our clients create lasting memories from a wonderful vacation

This thread is 5 years old....

Pam
I use a TA for most bookings because of the knowledge they have in regards to the ever-changing "World" we love. Yes, I could book myself but I book through a TA (@wannabeBelle at KK) so she gets a commission as my way of thanking her for the knowledge she shares with me. And, when the discounts role out at 0-dark-thirty in the AM, the KK team is up early getting those for me.

CAV

Yes, because if something should happen and Disney thinks there was only 2 people in the room when there were really 3, that's not a problem whatsoever, now is it? :rolleyes:
That doesn't make much sense. First, there absolutely no way that the number of people booked in a room directly translates to how many people are in that room at a given time. Second, the fire department doesn't stop by the front desk in an emergency to check booking records. "HI! I'm Fire Chief Burns. The hotel is on fire. I need the name of each guest and what room they are staying in right now!"

Ayla

It's the same in the US. If you make a reservation through a TA, they own that reservation, which you, unfortunately, found out what happens when you run into trouble.

Any changes or requests have to be made through your TA, because they are in control of the reservation, not you. It's also why I'll never use "discount" travel sites.

Club Cooloholic

Yeah because that is not how it will work. How would they know if 3 people were there or not?
Also this such a none worry about thing. You don't think people have never met at a bar and gone to a hotel they aren't staying at for the night? Heck she is just talking about her husband lol.

crawale

I really hate myself for responding to something on a 5 year old thread, but what's unethical about having a 3rd person in a room that holds 4? It's not like they are magically stealing something from the hotel. Since when do most hotels charge based on the number of people in the room (Room only of course)?
I think they are saying the 'sneak' part is unethical. Why the need to sneak someone in when you an just tell the front desk you have an extra person for a few days.

JIMINYCR

I think they are saying the 'sneak' part is unethical. Why the need to sneak someone in when you an just tell the front desk you have an extra person for a few days.
Whose got ethics anymore??? And Disneys, those greedy money grabbers are making sooo much profit off of you that adding one more person to the room isnt hurting anyone. Its not like youre stealing anything right? Everyone should be allowed to bring extra non paying guests with them. Except thats another person using the facilities, creating more work for mousekeeping, having the use of Disney property and resources for free.

CAV

Whose got ethics anymore??? And Disneys, those greedy money grabbers are making sooo much profit off of you that adding one more person to the room isnt hurting anyone. Its not like youre stealing anything right? Everyone should be allowed to bring extra non paying guests with them. Except thats another person using the facilities, creating more work for mousekeeping, having the use of Disney property and resources for free.
Mouskeeping is an urban legend.

JIMINYCR

Mouskeeping is an urban legend.
Well my urban legend got a nice tip from DW and I. She was courteous to us in the hallway, asked us if there was anything we needed, and did a competent job on our room. We knew going in that the mousekeeping routines were altered due to covid so we weren’t expecting the usual service.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom