Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyMF

Lets say, for arguments sake, that masks + distancing have the same protection as a vaccine. So both fail at the same rate against infection. So for protection, pick the one you want. The choice in this scenario, as described above, is a mask AND distancing vs vaccines alone. Not vaccine AND distancing. Those that got the shot have no need to keep their distance. Those that chose the other have no right to insist that they must do so.

However of the two which one will prevent you from getting seriously sick and dying when that protection fails?

Heppenheimer

It has been shown that the lipid nanoparticles that encase the mRNA do concentrate in the ovaries (true but misleading statement and missing key context) which was not envisioned in the original trial plan (patently false statement).

If you don't want to watch the full video, preliminary experiments on the lipid nanoparticles ("nanoparticles" is almost an unnecessary term, since every living cell membrane is made of these lipids), in which rats were injected with radiotracer-impregnated lipids showed that the lipids distributed in the highest concentrations in the ovaries, testes and adrenals... which is precisely the expected result, since these organs use lipid compounds to make steroid hormones. It should also be noted that these rats received the lipids via an IV at concentrations that are effectively 10 times greater than the amount in the vaccines, and over 1,000 times greater on a per weight basis. The vaccines themselves go directly in the muscle, so the opportunity for the lipids to diffuse throughout the body is far more restricted... if this was even a concern, which it isn't.

And there are also cohort studies in the OB/GYN literature that show no difference in fertility between vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals in women.

This is what antivaxxers do. They seed social media with either flat-out lies, or information taken completely out of context, followed by statements like "How do we know for sure the vaccines won't cause people's heads to explode in 10 years?"

Last edited:

Virtual Toad

Reality check for those who would prefer to assail those who are trying to save us and then act as if doing so should be part of a “discussion.” Relevant quote:

“On Aug. 7, Armstrong prepped two COVID-19 patients for a chest tube thoracostomy, a procedure to release pressure on their lungs that builds up when oxygen is pumped. Separately, he asked two nurses how they were coping. Both broke down in tears.

“They feel like a lot of people don’t care,” he said, “that a lot of the community cares more about their own feelings, their rights and freedoms than the health care workers having to deal with this.””

mmascari

What lies? Please tell me what lie you refer to in my post. Thank you.
Everything. Either directly or by taking out of context to state the opposite of the original meaning.

Followed by vague pointing to “if you just look” and “it’s out there” as innuendos to suggest additional false information without explicitly saying it. Many of which are political, probably trying to avoid directly stating them.

Reading more posts, I was wrong, they were not good faith posts with a communication problem unwittingly repeating anti-vax talking points gleamed from twice removed sources. I think it was just plain old grade A trolling. Not sure if it’s trolling to troll or political trolling trying to hide. Doesn’t matter, once it’s recognized as just trolling it can be discounted.

Perhaps that’s wrong too, and you really are that far down the rabbit hole. If this is it, there’s nothing anyone here can say. It can be looked at the same as if it’s the trolling.

Lady Liberty

Like I said, most here only seem interested in their own point of view and can't handle anything else. I'm done with this one, this is a tough crowd. In the end we will see who is right and who is wrong.

And yes he still reminds me of Napoleon.

Go back to your mature, adult and one sided conversation.

Heppenheimer

Like I said, most here only seem interested in their own point of view and can't handle anything else. I'm done with this one, this is a tough crowd. In the end we will see who is right and who is wrong.

This has been anything but a one-sided conversation.

But the regular posters here are pretty savy to the anti-vaxxer talking points, whether maliciously or innocently presented. Enough people have been needlessly struck down because of misinformation.

lazyboy97o

This has been anything but a one-sided conversation.

But the regular posters here are pretty savy to the anti-vaxxer talking points, whether maliciously or innocently presented. Enough people have been needlessly struck down because of misinformation.
but we didn’t coddle and validate baseless “questions” to make the “new” poster feel special.

correcaminos

Well yes, I am not interested in lies. Opinions and other things I do listen to and openly.

I question your motives as you come in here with misinformation and then react as you do. While I am happy you vaccinated your actions here speak way louder than your actions of being vaccinated. Every time someone spreads misinformation it creates an opportunity for others to believe it. That's the problem here. I welcome opinions, I just don't welcome misinformation and those supporting it.

As for one sided? You must not read here much if you think that....

hopemax

One of my favorite TV quotes, is Deep Throat from the X-Files. "A lie is most convincingly hidden between two truths."

People will pride themselves in rejecting the most egregious lies about whatever, but the most damaging lies are the ones that sound reasonable and truthful. The ones that prey on the fearful thoughts that people who aren't knowledgeable about a subject imagine. This is why people think they are being reasonable by waiting to see where the chips fall. Only in some circumstances, like this, waiting too long comes with real costs. You can't wait to get the results AND protect yourself from the thing you are watching for results. We don't have years to study what happens with Delta to decide what to do about Delta. So what people are really saying is: Delta < future consequences. Which means that despite their claims that they are evaluating all options... they already MADE a choice.

Figgy1

Premium Member

You joined Wednesday and have only posted in this thread. Why would that be?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Vaccine skeptics are just that. Some may feel that they are being hit all over with factual information. Some may be unhappy on what happened in change of leadership of our country. Some may still believe in the that freedom, rights, liberty, their gut feeling etc. What may change their mind is when the virus affects a loved one, friend, neighbor or even themselves or when they seek medical attention they see up close what the hospitals are dealing with with little or no room at the inn. Skeptics do also get their minds caught up in conspiracy theories. As I see it there is little sympathy for these skeptics. They are playing Russian roulette with their lives and overloading our health care system.
Well…you nailed the “reasons”…
…they’re complete crap…but you got em

Casper Gutman

Soooooo…

That post neatly encapsulates all the current nonsense misinformation about Covid so neatly it might as well by copy-pasted. Probably best to just ignore it until it gets removed.

As to the poster equating Fauci and Napoleon - Fauci is a scientist/bureaucrat who has served under administrations of both parties. I don’t find him particularly impressive - his communication skills are lacking and he has many of the weaknesses of a bureaucrat.

BUT

Nothing indicates he is doing anything other then acting in good faith and trying to keep people safe. Equating him with a murderous dictator indicates you are following the lead of malicious pundits and politicians who, in a cynical quest for profit and power, find it advantageous to channel their audiences fear and uncertainty by demonizing a single man. It’s an old trick - the world is scary and chaotic, and humans can’t control it very well. Even with all our knowledge and the best intentions, we can’t always effectively confront what it throws at us. That’s terrifying. Far easier to say that actually, everything would be perfect except for the evil, intentional act of a few individuals or a limited out-group. This mode of demagogery is especially appealing for those who actually bear some blame for the crisis.

So that’s why you see Fauci as Napoleon.

DisneyCane

Not to be the rain on the "if everybody would get a shot, COVID would go away" parade but I was looking at the Israel numbers. They are having quite the spike with over 70% of the population fully vaccinated.

Either Pfizer doesn't work too well (at least at preventing infections) vs. Delta or the protection starts to wear off after just a few months. Either is not a good thing and goes against the narrative that the only reason COVID still exists is the anti-vaxxers.

Lilofan

Not to be the rain on the "if everybody would get a shot, COVID would go away" parade but I was looking at the Israel numbers. They are having quite the spike with over 70% of the population fully vaccinated.

Either Pfizer doesn't work too well (at least at preventing infections) vs. Delta or the protection starts to wear off after just a few months. Either is not a good thing and goes against the narrative that the only reason COVID still exists is the anti-vaxxers.
Thanks for the info. My friend vaccinated with Moderna was planning to go to Israel with his wife on vacation. Probably after hearing this, he will just have to do a staycation.

sullyinMT

3136138883.jpg

Even though their numbers are rising, as experts have said they will without an effective 100% immunity rate, the hospitalizations in Israel paint the same picture they do here. Vaccinated individuals, while still having potential for infection, aren’t the ones filling the hospitals.

The vaccine narrative still holds. We need approval for 5-11 year olds as the school year gets going, or this will spiral again even if we do hit a peak with the current wave soon.

dreday3

What's the severity of the illness for the vaccinated in Israel?

Touchdown

According to John Hopkins it’s only 60% fully vaccinated. Israel also is an interesting example as the ultra orthodox communities are highly segregated, very social within the group, highly insular, and very anti vaccine. This whole Israel is highly vaccinated, there are large pockets of people who aren’t that interact with each other.

TrainsOfDisney

My thought is that the vaccine is another piece of the puzzle. Vaccines, masks, distancing, washing hands, enhanced cleaning procedures. They are all needed.

Limiting travel helps as well, but that’s really going to make the “my freedom” group upset.

DisneyDebRob

Well we know by studies that the Pfizer vaccine is about 84% effective after 6 months. We also know that it is highly effective against hospitalizations and death. With all that being said.. even with the big spike in Israel.. I would still say the reason we can’t get it under control IS still the people who don’t want to get the vaccine. Anti-vaxxers or not.
It’s attaching itself to the fresh warm bodies who in turn are making this a bigger mess then it really needs to be at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom