Disney alienates 90% of their guests......What is going on?

jpinkc

Yeah - it seems that way but the days of cheap money appear to be over. Let's see if the juice is worth the squeeze once inflation erases low interest rates.
They wont let that happen. Its in the Government and Big Business best interest to keep interest rates low. That way we arent incentivised to save and they can get Billion dollar loans for nothing. How do you think the US Gov can afford most of the things its doing.

skypilot2922

why. ???? lol Disney has got to be the only place on the planet where for some reason people would rather complain and be-atch about how it's horrible and no longer worht the money all the while giving up the money for the next vacation.

go figure. Insane that you would go somewhere that makes you bitter and unhappy. lol, that's usually called work

Yes but others of us have said (Hi, My name is Skypilot2922 and I'm a Disneyholic) 1100+ days clean. The username is covid inspired joke yes I am a pilot but covid grounded many (most) of us by closing the airports where our planes live. and 2922 is sea level air pressure 29.22 inches of mercury

crawale

They wont let that happen. Its in the Government and Big Business best interest to keep interest rates low. That way we arent incentivised to save and they can get Billion dollar loans for nothing. How do you think the US Gov can afford most of the things its doing.
The Government never worries about 'affording' anything. Money is just borrowed from China so we are permanently indebted.

eliza61nyc

Yes but others of us have said (Hi, My name is Skypilot2922 and I'm a Disneyholic) 1100+ days clean. The username is covid inspired joke yes I am a pilot but covid grounded many (most) of us by closing the airports where our planes live. and 2922 is sea level air pressure 29.22 inches of mercury
oh I totally get that, I'm a disneyholic too. love, love, love the place. Unfortunately I'm also a retired gal on a fixed income and when the kids were home I was a mom of 2 who had the usually "can you believe the cost of college tuition woes". so reality slaps me upside t he head all the time.

I guess my point was/is that like most folks time and money are precious resources so wasting either nowadays is really not an option. right now I'm blessed that Disney for my family is still affordable and enjoyable., still the best vacations we have. I'm also pretty realistic I know that they way disney is going pretty soon I will not feel it's worth the money. at that point I stop going. I can't keep going living in the past... Disney is not going back to some magical time in the past. If a person keeps forking over the dough with that expectation, that ain't Disney's fault.
We've got posters that will post how horrible their place is (dirty, rude cm's, expensive) and then in the very next sentence say they've got another trip planned?? WTH??:oops:

BRER STITCH

The perk of staying on site is that you’re staying on site. A lot of these things you’re talking about were added over the years for different reasons and now Covid gave them a chance to restart. The first time I stayed at All Star Movies there was:

No magical express
No extra magic hours
No magic bands
No fastpass
No poolside activity team
No outdoor movies

The park of being at a Disney resort was the included resort to park transportation, being close to everything, and knowing that you had a safe clean resort to return to each night. It feels like a lot of of people feel Disney “owes” them for staying at one of their resorts, but people need to look at what’s included in the reservation and see if they thinks it’s worth it or not. If you don’t think it’s worth it then there’s lots of other hotels to stay at off property. If you book it knowing what’s included you can’t spend the whole trip thinking you’re owed anything more than what was listed as included in the reservation you agreed to.
...and your room was $50 then!
Every time they aded one of those "free perks", the cost of the room went up more than it cost to add the perk.
Did they make for a better (and expected) experience? Absolutely!
Now that they are eliminating them, will the price of the rooms go down each time???
NEXT! 🤣🤣🤣

castlecake2.0

...and your room was $50 then!
Every time they aded one of those "free perks", the cost of the room went up more than it cost to add the perk.
Did they make for a better (and expected) experience? Absolutely!
Now that they are eliminating them, will the price of the rooms go down each time???
NEXT! 🤣🤣🤣
You can disagree with someone without adding laughing emojis to make them feel stupid

graphite1326

I do not think anyone is complaining about those EXTRA perks you get from paying higher to get something extra.
Pretty sure people are complaining of Disney WALLING MORE PERKS that used to be INCLUDED in the fees (aka them removing your actual perks and then putting a new price tag on top)

Aka forcing to pay EVEN MORE for what you used to get.
No they are complaining because the rich who can afford to go to the deluxe resorts get extra magic hours where we who can't afford it can't. My argument was that they are paying extra becasue of the resort perks and shouldn't get the parks perks.

skypilot2922

why. ???? lol Disney has got to be the only place on the planet where for some reason people would rather complain and be-atch about how it's horrible and no longer worht the money all the while giving up the money for the next vacation.

go figure. Insane that you would go somewhere that makes you bitter and unhappy. lol, that's usually called work

How many of us here have said (Hi I'm Skypilot and I'm a Disneyholic 1100 days clean)? I think there are a fair number here who loved what WDW used to provide as a vacation experience but the bob's have gutted the experience so they look back to their memories and post here to connect with likeminded people and are not planning to give the Bob's any vacation money.

Yes right now WDW seems bulletproof but as I've said 'Revenge Travel' where I live the lakes and mountains are key tourist attractions and since the beginning of summer we have had 4'th of July traffic levels EVERY weekend with a "short" traffic backup being only 5-10 miles long. That's not sustainable long term and neither are the crowds at WDW.

eliza61nyc

How many of us here have said (Hi I'm Skypilot and I'm a Disneyholic 1100 days clean)? I think there are a fair number here who loved what WDW used to provide as a vacation experience but the bob's have gutted the experience so they look back to their memories and post here to connect with likeminded people and are not planning to give the Bob's any vacation money.

Yes right now WDW seems bulletproof but as I've said 'Revenge Travel' where I live the lakes and mountains are key tourist attractions and since the beginning of summer we have had 4'th of July traffic levels EVERY weekend with a "short" traffic backup being only 5-10 miles long. That's not sustainable long term and neither are the crowds at WDW.
Disney is such a weird animal so I've seen circumstances that wouldn't fly any place else be accepted here. Go figure.

1) gotta give a high five to Disney's marketing machine, they've convinced most parents that a trip to the world is a necessity. It's almost to the point where you're considered a bad parent if you don't get your kids to the world at least once.
2) people don't know, what they don't know...for example parking fees Yeah if you're a Disney "old head" you're looking at it as the bob's nickel and dime-ing guest. But to someone new who is comparing vacations "resort" fees are pretty standard so paying to park at the resort is nothing. Just one example.

I wish they would start building people eaters, more rides that chew up large amount of time for large amounts of people

Wendy Pleakley

I wish they would start building people eaters, more rides that chew up large amount of time for large amounts of people

It's frustrating they got rid of Universe of Energy. It was dated, but it was an attraction that absorbed many people and provided a lengthy experience. It's great to have options like that on super busy days.

Now it's another thrill ride that will probably last all of two minutes and command 90 minute wait times.

They could have built Guardians where Wonders of Life stands. They should be adding capacity.

crawale

Low interest rates do not affect inflation. If you have been in a grocery store you can see that.

John park hopper

Lol somebody is going to have to explain to me why bacon is 8 bucks for 12 oz, not even a pound
Energy costs are way up which translates it costs more to grow the feed to raise the pigs. Energy costs are way up it costs more to process that pig into bacon. Energy costs are way up it costs more to transport that bacon to the store. Farmers aren't making any money raising pigs (livestock) so they have cut back on production. Processors (only 4 major processors) have jacked up the prices not just of bacon but beef and chicken. Went to Costco and spare ribs were over 5 bucks a pound. Inflation is equal to the Jimmy Carter days sad fact.

Disstevefan1

Energy costs are way up which translates it costs more to grow the feed to raise the pigs. Energy costs are way up it costs more to process that pig into bacon. Energy costs are way up it costs more to transport that bacon to the store. Farmers aren't making any money raising pigs (livestock) so they have cut back on production. Processors (only 4 major processors) have jacked up the prices not just of bacon but beef and chicken. Went to Costco and spare ribs were over 5 bucks a pound. Inflation is equal to the Jimmy Carter days sad fact.
Totally agree. I would love to comment on the source of the problem but I will surely get blocked from another thread ;)

skypilot2922

It's frustrating they got rid of Universe of Energy. It was dated, but it was an attraction that absorbed many people and provided a lengthy experience. It's great to have options like that on super busy days.

Now it's another thrill ride that will probably last all of two minutes and command 90 minute wait times.

They could have built Guardians where Wonders of Life stands. They should be adding capacity.

Or perhaps never shut down wonders of life in the first place. The attractions there were high quality long and for the most part they had decent capacity.

dovetail65

Low interest rates do not affect inflation. If you have been in a grocery store you can see that.
Actually, low interest rates tend to result in more inflation because low interest rates means there is a growing money supply. This is under the quantity theory of money. There are many economic theories and and all are true or false if we cut out certain time periods to prove our case. Then if we research we will find The higher the inflation rate, the more interest rates are likely to rise. All I know for the most part no matter what some people say about the middle class being squeezed is that my wife and I are living better now than we did 25 years ago.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom