Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people weren't so hair trigger violent, I would happily sink to that level.
Instead, we have Covid vax deniers in our neighborhood who insist they are immune since two people in the family got sick in early March of 2019. I am done. I hope they get vaxed, but if they don't and 1 or more get something, hey, too bad.
Sometimes people need a very painful I told you so, like the family of the guy that should have just gotten the damn shot who is now dead, but his wife and kids are now vaxed.

I have people in m neighborhood too that won't get the vaccine, and they are 100% OK with their decision, they know their risk and they accept it.
Not every single person not getting the vaccine is in some kind of denial about getting COVID or even what it can do to them. Plenty of those people look at the statistics and where they fall in the risk groups. Not everyone sees this virus as the end all be all if you get it because the "science" says it isn't for the majority of them.

lazyboy97o

I agree, but I'm not sure I'll be ready to let go of my anger toward those who actively spread lies and propaganda that slowed the rate of vaccinations in the first place.
I can understand having an irrational fear and knowing it. I can understand not being able to take time off work. I can understand not being able to get to a distribution site. What I do not understand and have no compassion for is validating and spreading lies. Getting yourself vaccinated doesn’t absolve one of complicity in making things worse and is probably even worse.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I agree, but I'm not sure I'll be ready to let go of my anger toward those who actively spread lies and propaganda that slowed the rate of vaccinations in the first place.
Fair enough, but at some point we have to move on and get along again. I know we aren’t there yet but maybe 2022

draybook

Carnival adjusting policies due to the Delta variant -

Interesting. A coworker just got the shot so he could cruise next month. He's very high risk with a ton of heart issues and inflammation would likely kill him. He risked getting it so he could cruise without a mask. I know he's gonna be ticked when he shows up tomorrow.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Interesting. A coworker just got the shot so he could cruise next month. He's very high risk with a ton of heart issues and inflammation would likely kill him. He risked getting it so he could cruise without a mask. I know he's gonna be ticked when he shows up tomorrow.
Sounds like he would have been high risk for a covid infection too. Probably better he got the vaccine.

StarWarsGirl

Cruise ships are petri dishes. I've never been on a cruise, but as someone who can't get the vaccine, no way would I be going on one now.

StarWarsGirl

I got my shot in April.
Some of us are capable of understanding the reasons why others won't.
Some of us will not join on the bandwagon to try to shame them and guilt them.
Some of us are true pro-choice proponents for all, not when it's convenient for us personally.
Some of us follow the science instead of our emotions which we "think" are science.
Unless you have a legitimate medical concern and you've spoken with your doctor about your concern, there is absolutely no reason to not get this vaccine.

Those who aren't getting it are screwing over those of us who legitimately can't get it (under 12s and medical exemptions).

RobbinsDad

Fair enough, but at some point we have to move on and get along again. I know we aren’t there yet but maybe 2022
This is an honest question - do you have any people in your life that are anti-vaxxers? I have many, and a good handful of them are not silent about their beliefs, actively trying to convince others not to do it or shame those who have. These are also some of the same people who continue to spread misinformation about other recent well-known conspiracies (I won't get into politics here). Listening to reason is not in their interest, in fact they tune out anyone who challenges their beliefs.

These people represent the biggest part of what's wrong with our society today. However unlike other conspiracies that are so rooted in fantasy they can't really be proven or disproven (like the existence of unicorns), we will all soon know for certain that there are no microchips in the vaccine, it isn't connected to infertility, it doesn't alter DNA, and it will not turn everyone into machines for the government. They will be proven wrong and I intend to make the ones I know admit it, or let it be known to others they cannot be trusted. In other words, I will "the site which cannot be named" them.

StarWarsGirl

This is an honest question - do you have any people in your life that are anti-vaxxers?
My cousin-in-law is vehemently against the flu shot for some reason. She used to post crap about it all over her Facebook wall. She once posted this... https://www.amfamilyspine.com/blog/...reveals-shocking-truths-about-the-flu-vaccine

And then I posted this...

She's never posted any anti-vax stuff since, including about this one (though I'm pretty sure she hasn't gotten it.)

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I hope NJ will lift mask mandate again in a few weeks or early September as the Delta variants will be dropped to low soon as FDA approval COVID-19 vaccines. is NJ Transit will remove masks for trains and buses by October or November? @GoofGoof

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This is an honest question - do you have any people in your life that are anti-vaxxers? I have many, and a good handful of them are not silent about their beliefs, actively trying to convince others not to do it or shame those who have. These are also some of the same people who continue to spread misinformation about other recent well-known conspiracies (I won't get into politics here). Listening to reason is not in their interest, in fact they tune out anyone who challenges their beliefs.

These people represent the biggest part of what's wrong with our society today. However unlike other conspiracies that are so rooted in fantasy they can't really be proven or disproven (like the existence of unicorns), we will all soon know for certain that there are no microchips in the vaccine, it isn't connected to infertility, it doesn't alter DNA, and it will not turn everyone into machines for the government. They will be proven wrong and I intend to make the ones I know admit it, or let it be known to others they cannot be trusted. In other words, I will "the site which cannot be named" them.
I don’t think I have any true anti-vaxx people in my life. I have an uncle who hasn’t gotten the Covid vaccine yet. I haven’t seen him since Covid started and he knows I won’t see him without a vaccine. I haven‘t written him off and if he gets his shot he will be invited over for Christmas, if not he needs to find somewhere else to go. Hopefully he comes around.

Yes, the unvaccinated in general are a problem right now but they are part of our society and we will eventually be past this pandemic so we have to figure out how to heal and co-exist going forward. So yes, I’m frustrated with people. I am optimistic that a combo of full approval from the FDA, more employer’s requiring vaccination of workers and an additional financial stimulus tied to vaccination could move the needle. It's easy to take a stand against something but it’s difficult to maintain that stand when you are missing out on a free thousand bucks and you have to switch jobs too. For many people the cause won’t be worth the hassle.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I don’t think I have any true anti-vaxx people in my life. I have an uncle who hasn’t gotten the Covid vaccine yet. I haven’t seen him since Covid started and he knows I won’t see him without a vaccine. I haven‘t written him off and if he gets his shot he will be invited over for Christmas, if not he needs to find somewhere else to go. Hopefully he comes around.

Yes, the unvaccinated in general are a problem right now but they are part of our society and we will eventually be past this pandemic so we have to figure out how to heal and co-exist going forward. So yes, I’m frustrated with people. I am optimistic that a combo of full approval from the FDA, more employer’s requiring vaccination of workers and an additional financial stimulus tied to vaccination could move the needle. It's easy to take a stand against something but it’s difficult to maintain that stand when you are missing out on a free thousand bucks and you have to switch jobs too. For many people the cause won’t be worth the hassle.
As FDA full approval then we will eventually past this pandemic by Fall?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
As FDA full approval then we will eventually past this pandemic by Fall?
Full FDA approval May help get some people who are actually hesitant for that reason over the hump. I fear for many who claim it’s a big deal it’s just a buzzword they have heard as an excuse why the vaccine isn’t safe and as soon as it happens they will switch excuses. What it will definitely do is make it even easier for corporations to justify requiring vaccination for all workers. Some companies are hesitant to require vaccination while the vaccine is under EUA but once that hurdle is cleared we should see an increase in that trend. It started already and in large, well respected companies so let’s hope the trend continues.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Full FDA approval May help get some people who are actually hesitant for that reason over the hump. I fear for many who claim it’s a big deal it’s just a buzzword they have heard as an excuse why the vaccine isn’t safe and as soon as it happens they will switch excuses. What it will definitely do is make it even easier for corporations to justify requiring vaccination for all workers. Some companies are hesitant to require vaccination while the vaccine is under EUA but once that hurdle is cleared we should see an increase in that trend. It started already and in large, well respected companies so let’s hope the trend continues.
As now NJ will have COVID-19 cases as Delta variants will dropping soon by end of this month or September. Am I'll not gonna wear mask anymore for indoors as the indoor masks returning or not? @GoofGoof

mmascari

I'm alive and have no lasting effects from my covid time back in December. I realize my experience isn't others, but that works in reverse as well.
I was ready to show the folly of this when you compare the numbers, the reverse is not comparable at all. Then I read the rest of the messages.
I'm a dude and I'm not pro or anti vaccine. If I need it, I'll get it when it seems safe enough.
I hate to tell you, but you’re totally anti-vaccine. You’re lying to yourself that you’re not. Nothing anyone posts will change that, you’re to far beyond hiding it from yourself already.

Let’s all take a deep breath. I am fully vaccinated, I got the vaccine as soon as I was eligible, It was a no brainer for me personally. We need people who are unvaccinated to get the vaccine now so what I think would motivate me is largely irrelevant. Instead of just coming down on @draybook for not agreeing with us it’s probably more beneficial to listen to his reasoning as it gives us far more insight into what may ultimately work. He mentioned full FDA approval as being important maybe but ultimately he probably won’t get it unless his employer requires it. I think that shows us a clear path to getting more people to go in. Corporations have already started this and I think many more will follow once full FDA approval comes in. I’m not saying one guy’s thinking paints the whole picture and there are other reasons people haven’t gotten vaccinated or won’t, but it is a common opinion we’ve seen a lot of places including most polling.
Ever the hopeful. But I don’t believe any of it for an instant. The reasons will just change. Might as well all just say they’re scared of needles. At least that will not change.

As far as spreading it to others, if those others are so afraid then stay the hell out of the public. Protect yourself, stop expecting others to protect you.
The numbers have changed. There are more vaccinated now than unvaccinated (not enough to beat the virus yet). If you’re so scared, lazy, or just inconsiderate to not get vaccinated, YOU stay home. Society no longer wants you sharing air you’ve made dirty.

That is true, but until there is 100% of employers, schools and government on board with mandates, people still have their freedom of choice.
That choice comes with consequences. Someone doesn’t want the vaccine and would prefer to spread disease, stay away from people. I don’t walk around with no pants leaving health hazards everywhere. Take the vaccine, or wear mitigations when in public, or don’t be in public. It’s that simple.

Why not, if you’re so afraid of a shot, you stay home?
This. It’s not on the rest of us to avoid spreaders of disease, it’s on them to not spread it.

Either get the shot or stay away from others and get better life insurance.
Im Right Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
My kid and their distance poking stick will make you sorry if you’re not vaccinated or using mitigation while getting up in their airspace. They are done avoiding public spaces. It’s on you now or they’re going to stand their ground just fine. They’re still avoiding clearly crowded spaces.

On the school front, my older kid that is vaccinated, their friends are definitely ostracising unvaccinated kids. The vaccinated ones can do all the fun stuff together, they don’t want any unvaccinated kids with them. It only took a week for the few hold outs to change and get vaccinated. FOMO is a strong tool at all ages.

CLEtoWDW

Well would you look at that…. Already starting it’s downward trend. And before you say “it’s because of the masks” let me remind you that any effect from mask wearing would take weeks before they start showing results. It’s almost as if the virus burned through the most vulnerable (non vaccinated) and now it’s beginning its retreat.

Attachments

• D9B88A2D-149F-49A3-B595-734E2661D8E3.png
    D9B88A2D-149F-49A3-B595-734E2661D8E3.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom