News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

corran horn

I'm laughing over all this blow up over a 5k price point...

From the community that routinely stays at Disney hotels charging $600+ a night... pays $75/head to eat mediocre food at the castle... will pay $100/person to not stand in the crowd for fireworks..

People are routinely dropping 10k+ on a Disney vacation like it's ritual.. and people are acting like coming up with 5k is asking for a kidney. Some of you are paying that much in DVC dues every year...
Yep. It's all relative. For everybody going "I could put a down payment on a car!/I could go to Japan!" there are people looking at them as they pay their DVC dues thinking "I'd rather go on vacation somewhere else."

Baloo62

Once again, more hypocrisy from Disney. They continually preach "inclusion" while simultaneously pricing their product to exclude all but the most affluent of society. Just go ahead and publicly state that if your combined household income is five figures, look elsewhere.

DavidNoble

From the community that routinely stays at Disney hotels charging $600+ a night... pays $75/head to eat mediocre food at the castle... will pay $100/person to not stand in the crowd for fireworks..

People are routinely dropping 10k+ on a Disney vacation like it's ritual.. and people are acting like coming up with 5k is asking for a kidney. Some of you are paying that much in DVC dues every year...

I just come here for the camaraderie and memories. I can't justify today's Disney prices.

Piebald

Cant really blame them. Star Wars fans spend stupid money all the time. You should see what some people pay for action figures. Surely the hardcore ones will find a way do this. I'm just not sure how much market share and repeat business Disney is hoping for here.

GimpYancIent

There's a mention in the FAQ about finding our your itinerary a month out by checking the app that makes me wonder how much control you have over what you do or if Disney will assign everything.

It could just be you make all the choices from options presented during booking, but you'd think they have to nudge you into some things. If you chose to do nothing, it almost sounds like your options are to wander the ship, sip blue milk, watch TV in your cabin and wait for your dinner reservation or excursion to Batuu.

Maybe Omega's granddaughter will challenge you to one of those holo-fight things instead of bingo - er, sabaac.
I would rather be entertained by a TWI'LEK dancer while enjoying my blue milk and rum.

nickys

Premium Member
My issue is it really is only 1.5 days... of which you are spending a notable portion at GE. I don't like the 4pm start of day one.

I know this is due to turnover of adventures back to back - but to call this '3 days/2nights' is technically accurate, but really non-representative.

Everyone knows checkout day on the ship is zero entertainment, too much task focus... so that day might as well not count at all.
The sample timetable had you arriving at 1pm I thought.

hopemax

I'm seeing a lot of Jurassic Park memes about "coupon day" on Twitter, but that reminded me...

Remember in that universe what Gennaro predicted they could charge... $1000 a day, $2000 a day and what it would get you? Actual living, breathing, goat and human eating dinosaurs. I guess the movie was unrealistic after all.

Serious question though... since people are learning to play Sabacc, and building ship models... do we think these are things that might go home with the guests or are they "ship's property?" Price is still a lot to swallow, but leaving with $500 worth of resalable exclusive swag could theoretically take the sting out of it for people. If taking those things home, is an upcharge... *sigh*

ctrlaltdel

I think people are forgetting that the amount of people able to experience this is gonna be a relatively small % of guests (certainly less than 1%). You're only talking about 75k guests/year or so at 100% occupancy. The price point makes complete sense when you look at how Disney prices everything else. It's a premium experience at super-premium price. Whether or not that select group will think it's worth it and recommend it to others remains to be seen.

corran horn

I'm seeing a lot of Jurassic Park memes about "coupon day" on Twitter, but that reminded me...

Remember in that universe what Gennaro predicted they could charge... $1000 a day, $2000 a day and what it would get you? Actual living, breathing, goat and human eating dinosaurs. I guess the movie was unrealistic after all.

Serious question though... since people are learning to play Sabacc, and building ship models... do we think these are things that might go home with the guests or are they "ship's property?" Price is still a lot to swallow, but leaving with $500 worth of resalable exclusive swag could theoretically take the sting out of it for people. If taking those things home, is an upcharge... *sigh*
Well, I was planning to steal some towels.

(will look good next to all my OKW pool towels)

Wendy Pleakley

I wonder how many people will skip the Batuu excersion? Or can you?

It's like leaving a cruise ship to buy overpriced junk from tourist traps. Sometimes it's better off just to enjoy the ship you paid to be one.

At $115 an hour, why go to Disney Studios, other than the guaranteed boarding group for RotR? I can stay on the ship and spend an entire day in the theme park later, for less than I'm paying per hour.

But, if I'm thinking in those terms I'm probably just not the target audience.

GimpYancIent

Good question! What kind of swag? For the money outlay T shirts / Sweat shirts / Hats / ears won't cut it. Maybe handing each guest a legacy lightsaber of their choice as an end of cruise gift or a gift Batuuan Spira or both?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom