FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdude81

The only Hope in Hell, and its a slim hope, is that the Negative Backlash for paid FP is so massive that it gets to be something Disney has to notice. That means the Infulencers are even talking about it. I doubt they will stab the hand that feeds them but unless there is a LARGE outcry Disney will just ignore it. I dont even know that a LARGE outcry would get there heads outta their @$$$$
If they gave one free per ticket they'd take the heat out of most of the criticism as some articles would pretend they were doing people a favor by only charging for 2 of the ones that used to be free. I still think that is the most workable way to do this. 1 per ticket and having nothin to do with where you're staying.

mysto

There will be adjustments to DPA (if implemented) due to complaints. Remember that FP+ was adjusted for years to close loopholes and improve access, I expect a similar trajectory.

Rope drop is popular because every forum and blog recommends it.

Modern people start any endeavor with a web search, which says "you gotta rope drop" regardless of what they hit. This was true with FP+ too. The number of unaware or uninitiated is very very small now. You can find them, and their stories are celebrated on forums, in part because they are actually really rare. "I never saw one of those before"

10 years ago things were quite different.

jpinkc

We booked 3 FP's 2 months out and still hit rope drop every day.
We did for MK as its the favorite. But HS,AK and Epcot not so much. We did rope drop for Star Wars weekends at HS, but that was it. Honestly the planning kinda worked for us, I wasnt sold on it til our 2nd go around with it. We just scheduled our eats and breaks around them. It was kinda nice not feeling like OMG that line is 60 min run over there right now because we had a FP for it later. The only rides we ever do more than once if we can are Pirates, Pan and SM. SM only cause it was my kids first big ride its sentimental.

Haymarket2008

It’s all a matter of personal style and preference. We loved booking our 3 FPs 2 months out and not feeling any pressure to hit rope drop.

Don't get me wrong, there is a great feeling that comes with knowing you'll be riding the attraction of your choice 2 months in advance. I personally feel that crowds/lines have gotten out of control with the current (or former) Fastpass set up. MaxPass was far more enjoyable of an experience to me.

jpinkc

If they gave one free per ticket they'd take the heat out of most of the criticism as some articles would pretend they were doing people a favor by only charging for 2 of the ones that used to be free. I still think that is the most workable way to do this. 1 per ticket and having nothin to do with where you're staying.
I just know that the longer they take to say anything maybe favors the BAD reaction being worse. IMHO.

matt9112

It’s all a matter of personal style and preference. We loved booking our 3 FPs 2 months out and not feeling any pressure to hit rope drop.

You FP 3 than you rope drop and can usually hit 2 maybe 3 rides with almost no line. So 6 rides with almost no line. Mk is the only park where you might not ride everything you want.

jpinkc

Quite honestly after our 3 FP we really never went for a 4th or more. Kinda felt like we had our share and shouldnt keep others from getting some too. We did have some long standbys but if its over 60 we dont wait unless the wife doesnt want to go on. She wont do over 60.

pdude81

I just know that the longer they take to say anything maybe favors the BAD reaction being worse. IMHO.
My thinking is the other way on that. They announced this for Paris after we've known for 2 years it's coming to WDW, and then we burn out the opposition speculating how much of a rip off it is. Then they could waltz in with a punch card where you get one fastpass free for every ten you pay for and it seems like we dodged a bullet.

This aligns with their approach on DL AP, where they took it away and then hinted it might be more of a savings club than a membership. When all is said and done, they just tightened up where it matters and most are relieved.

jpinkc

FP+ was what made our trip enjoyable. We would do 5-7 rides a day while getting there at rope drop. Paying for extra FP after 3 would not have been bad, but paying for short lines all day long, that's a bit much.
I agree if they stay on Free and if you want more pay, that I can live with. I dont see us paying, but I am sure others would.

wedenterprises

Wow that's insanely expensive.

Getting rid of the traditional booked 60 days in advance fastpass is going to make my family come a lot less often. The old system worked great at Disney World, it benefited fans who put in the effort and disadvantaged normies. That is the way it should be.
Yes, it appears that will no longer be the case. The new "disadvantaged normies" (I want that on a t-shirt) won't be categorized as "on or off-site guests who don't like to plan in advance", they will be categorized instead as "all off-site guests" period.

This brings me back to my frustration over ending Magical Express and charging for parking.

I sure hope that at Disney World that resort guests get 3 free fastpasses per day as a perk, otherwise, I will consider staying off property like I used to to afford to buy a Fastpass or 2. I've been staying at Disney resorts for about 5 years now nearly monthly for a week at a time...for the perks.
I very much expect some sort of FP perk for on-site guests. It costs them $0.
Because in theory you could have a popular D-ticket with a 90min line and people willing to pay $20 per person to skip the line, while you have an E-ticket with a fast moving 40min line and not many people willing to pay even $10 to skip it.
quoting myself now - if dynamic pricing for a $FP on a 40min fast moving line was $2.99 a lot of people would probably do that and that 40min line would suddenly surge to 60min. They're going to make billions off this, aren't they?

wedenterprises

It costs them whatever they could have charged for it though. They've announced on site perks and they are not spectacular
True, but it costs them nothing to manufacture. It's a digit on a screen. They can get that money back through a room price increase.

The early entry to every park every day is a huge perk, IMO. I wish it was more than 30min, sure, but it's meaningful to us.

DisneyDodo

Don't get me wrong, there is a great feeling that comes with knowing you'll be riding the attraction of your choice 2 months in advance. I personally feel that crowds/lines have gotten out of control with the current (or former) Fastpass set up. MaxPass was far more enjoyable of an experience to me.
Crowds have gotten out of control at WDW, period. It's unlikely you (or anyone) would enjoy MaxPass nearly as much at WDW as they did in DL because they would run out quicker for each ride and the standby lines for the rides you don't get a FP for would be longer, relative to DL.

DisneyDodo

True, but it costs them nothing to manufacture. It's a digit on a screen. They can get that money back through a room price increase.

The early entry to every park every day is a huge perk, IMO. I wish it was more than 30min, sure, but it's meaningful to us.
I think the 30 mins for all parks actually beats 60 for one. Not only will there be 1/4 the crowd during the resort-only window, but the crowds in whichever park you go to will be lower throughout the day, compared to the one park that had morning EMH. You could have gotten around it by park-hopping from the EMH park to another one, but that ends up costing you more time than you save. It was only worth it if you were planning to take a midday break at the hotel anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom