News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimpYancIent

The fantasy that a person is making some sort of statement by wearing or not wearing a mask or wearing a mask inappropriately is ridiculous. If the mask thing is to gain some sort of notoriety, well, that is now last weeks news. It has become clear that getting vaccinated plus wearing a mask when appropriate and reasonable will allow a person to move about, interact with others and live life. Yes, activities like going to WDW and enjoying a Dole Whip.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nothing about going to a theme park right now is 100% safe. However, if for instance you are positive, you are exposing one person or party potentially. Then, you wearing a mask the rest of the time could potentially protect hundreds more. This is a numbers game, not a fail safe.
In case anyone is wondering what the “science” is behind the cdc…

they are picking up similar viral loads/concentrations in the nose from the vaccinated who are carrying it as they are the unvaccinated carrying it…

the vaccinated just are not really having to deal with the symptoms

so that’s why trying to use the mask mandate to block transmission…even if it’s 25/50/75% effective makes sense.

people are used to the masking…so try it.

this doesn’t need to be this hard.

and tell everyone you run into:

“get over it…shut up…arms out!”

the solution hasn’t changed. So Stop helping the little ball of protein mutate more easily??

Last edited:
Nothing about going to a theme park right now is 100% safe. However, if for instance you are positive, you are exposing one person or party potentially. Then, you wearing a mask the rest of the time could potentially protect hundreds more. This is a numbers game, not a fail safe.

I did my part, I wore my mask, got vaccinated when urged too. I'm done. If people need to be protected then it's up to them to protect themselves, I'm not doing it for them anymore, they made their choice. If you aren't vaccinated- stay home. If your children aren't vaccinated then what the heck are you doing bringing them to Disney during a Pandemic in the first place for.
Disney putting this policy in place is nothing more than trying to make you feel good about being jammed in with crowds during a Pandemic. That picture proves it. Now granted they are looking to the CDC, but come on, if you still follow what the CDC says after almost 2 years of revisions and back tracking well then I guess you are willing to believe anything.
Like I said, if you are there and you aren't vaccinated then walk in a different direction or better yet- be responsible for yourself and don't go, stop expecting others protect you from your own stupidity.

disneygeek90

I did my part, I wore my mask, got vaccinated when urged too. I'm done. If people need to be protected then it's up to them to protect themselves, I'm not doing it for them anymore, they made their choice. If you aren't vaccinated- stay home. If your children aren't vaccinated then what the heck are you doing bringing them to Disney during a Pandemic in the first place for.
Disney putting this policy in place is nothing more than trying to make you feel good about being jammed in with crowds during a Pandemic. That picture proves it. Now granted they are looking to the CDC, but come on, if you still follow what the CDC says after almost 2 years of revisions and back tracking well then I guess you are willing to believe anything.
Like I said, if you are there and you aren't vaccinated then walk in a different direction or better yet- be responsible for yourself and don't go, stop expecting others protect you from your own stupidity.
If you don't want to do it for them do it for the doctors at Orlando hospitals that are currently being overran. Some things are bigger than yourself, this is one of them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It was also a mistake to drop masks and distancing at the beginning of summer before we had a decent percent vaccinated.
Yeah…mentally I covered that with myself in “stupid”

it’s no coincidence that the variant spread epicenters are in many US states that ripped out their mandates first…around may 1….gave the stinker plenty of opportunity to assert its control.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah I thought the whole point of this is so people
Stop dying.

Silly me.
The only way to stop people from dying from this is to control the spread, limit the cases as best possible and develop effective prevention/counter measures…

you know that…nothing has changed in virology over the last 150 years except we have the tools and knowledge to not be so dumb

peter11435

Yes there is. It's really not useful to you or anyone to claim there's no reputable unbiased US news outlets. Like saying there's no good hospitals in America because people have died in them. Before the internet, how did you get your news? Word of mouth?
Out of curiosity can you name a major reputable news outlet in the US that reports without bias?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They all went home to their respective states! :D

Also, it was reported 90% of attendees showed proof of being vaccinated. The rest had to show negative testing.
And yet…they all could be carrying delta

…but won’t likely ending up in the hospital

…but can transmit it to uncle blowhard next weekend that could

…just to make sure some of this snit actually keeps the situation in mind. PSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom