DINOSAUR merch removed

UNCgolf

Paris my friend! I think that one puts the the CA Indy one to shame (… and it was a huge surprise as who knew Euro knew how to do rides so well?)

Looking at a pure ride perspective, they got the best Haunted Mansion too (CA wins on Nostalgia for me though).

Never been Far East though so there may be a gap in my perspective…

Definitely not -- the Indy ride in Paris is just a standard, lightly themed roller coaster. It's not even remotely comparable to the one in California.

Last edited:

John park hopper

I'm sorry I missed it. I'm a fan of sarcasm. Too little in the world. Same with comedy. How the world has changed!
Get off my grass!
This what I posted try again Dinosaurs are much maligned reptile group always portrayed as eating caveman/women and destroying Tokyo It's about time Disney became _____________________________

matt9112

I'm pretty sure it wasn't okay even when HM first opened. But hey let's wait a few decades before declaring it offensive, am I right? I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be having this conversation if the events of last year never happened.

Its ok to jab at offensive things....

celluloid

The generic dino merch has been there now for years and the attraction specific merch has always been quite limited. Mostly just tagged with the attraction logo and the ride vehicle remote control cars.

This is more of a budget cut to specialty merchandise and production shortage due to a post Covid19 world the same way some fast food restaurants are losing ketchup packets than it is a statement on anything major.

DoleWhipDrea

I like Indy, but it seems to be down a lot.
An unfortunate side effect of the overly-cautious ride system. There are sensors that detect anything that drops on the ride track, which sets off an automatic e-stop on the ride. The vehicles regularly leak fluid on the track, so it shuts down a lot.

The Indy coaster in DLP doesn't hold a candle to Anaheim's Indy attraction, which is rich in it's theming and effects - DLP got an off-the-shelf coaster done on the cheap.

IMHO, Dinosaur should stay in DAK, it just needs TLC - a nice refurbishment to update the AA's, create some new footage for the preshow, and bring back several elements from CTX. The attraction is scary, and it's always going to be scary. WDI can raze C&H and create a more lush jungle atmosphere, and build a family-friendly dark ride with dinosaurs in it's place, harkening back to the original plans for the land.

skypilot2922

The generic dino merch has been there now for years and the attraction specific merch has always been quite limited. Mostly just tagged with the attraction logo and the ride vehicle remote control cars.

This is more of a budget cut to specialty merchandise and production shortage due to a post Covid19 world the same way some fast food restaurants are losing ketchup packets than it is a statement on anything major.

Also just part of the general SKU reduction that Disney bean counters love so much and then wonder why sales are down, It's because there is nothing NEW to buy for repeat visitors. Sure you've reduced the items you needed to stock but if someone is in your store they are gonna walk right by. You need uniqueness not the same tired crap for years on end. Friends of ours before they retired owned a gift shop on the maine coast, On columbus day they would have a huge sale and sell out pretty much to the walls, Then while closed they would spend the winter scouring the giftware shows for new merchandise. Every spring they had a new lineup. They had a better grasp of merchandising than Chapek, because they knew the return customers would want something fresh.

tl77

Why would dinosaurs be "bird like"? Birds don't have giant teeth, and they don't have or either "4 legs" or "2 arms and 2 legs" ...a chicken with no feather kinda looks like a lizard, but that don't make it a lizard

C'mon "SCIENCE" make up your mind! This and the whole "Pluto ain't a planet anymore" thing is why stupid people won't trust vaccines or believe in climate change. You gotta stop with the crazy theories now "Science"

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Why would dinosaurs be "bird like"? Birds don't have giant teeth, and they don't have or either "4 legs" or "2 arms and 2 legs" ...a chicken with no feather kinda looks like a lizard, but that don't make it a lizard

C'mon "SCIENCE" make up your mind! This and the whole "Pluto ain't a planet anymore" thing is why stupid people won't trust vaccines or believe in climate change. You gotta stop with the crazy theories now "Science"

Dinosaurs had feathers though.

AugieMorosco

I hope this post is satire.

hismattjesty

In "slight" defense, the class of dinosaurs known as Theropods are widely accepted scientifically as being the direct species birds derived from. They were meat eaters, averaged between 100-500 pounds in weight, and are widely accepted as "avian like" as they had hollow bone structures and feathers.

Last edited:

Movielover

I just want a re-name and bring it back as CTX..

I want the meteor back instead of the Carnotaurus. I think it was a pretty meteor.
I really want them to restore this attraction back to the CTX days. Leave the updated Compy's and do something different with the now permanently static Cearadactylus but restore the more forceful movements and the original chase sequence. The original meteor ending would be great too, especially since no photos of the meteor itself exist.

Karakasa

For the record, when I went on the 2nd, there was a handful of ride-themed merch. The Carnotaurus vs. Alioramus set comes to mind. There was also some more generic dinosaur stuff you could probably find at T-Rex. However there was still plenty of generic Disney merch, and the bigger Dinoland gift shop had nothing to do with dinosaurs in it. I remember when both shops had nothing but dinosaur stuff in it (CTX/Dinosaur stuff exclusively in the ride gift shop no less). Even remember there being full collection of every dinosaur on the ride as foot-tall sorta "plush" (soft plastic) toys in particular. Then they slowly started genericizing, and now we're here...

Cmdr_Crimson

The original meteor ending would be great too, especially since no photos of the meteor itself exist.
I have to wonder (unless anyone did ride it in 98) if the Meteor had a similarity to the Boulder in Indy..
Photo from Daveland
75S19om_d.webp

jonnyc

IMHO, Dinosaur should stay in DAK, it just needs TLC - a nice refurbishment to update the AA's, create some new footage for the preshow, and bring back several elements from CTX. The attraction is scary, and it's always going to be scary. WDI can raze C&H and create a more lush jungle atmosphere, and build a family-friendly dark ride with dinosaurs in it's place, harkening back to the original plans for the land.

I worry about pre-show updates after what happened to Test Track!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom