Does Raya and the Last Dragon have a future in the Disney Parks?

Does Raya and the Last Dragon have a future within the Disney empire?

• Yes, she will become a Disney Princess and heavily be featured within the Parks and merchandise

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • She will make small cameos at the Disney Parks (like an appearance in Fantasmic), but nothing major

Votes: 75 39.3%
  • Raya and Sisu will soon vanish, and the film will be ignored by the Walt Disney Company

Votes: 110 57.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ghost93

Original Poster
Brave sucked IMO. Total ripoff of Brother Bear, and the Cabbage-Patch-Kid-Faced Princess treated her mom like crap.

As for Mary Sue and the My Little Pony Valley Girl Dragon, let's hope they don't show up in the parks. Those two don't even deserve their own bathroom.
Lol, so hateful. šŸ¤£ šŸ˜†

It's fine if you don't like the characters, but what is wrong for them occasionally showing up for the fans who do like them? If you don't like Raya you don't have to meet her or go to a Raya-based attraction.

Also, I don't think Brave sucked, but the movie we got was not the movie that we promised with the initial teaser trailer. When I first saw the trailer I thought we would get a dark epic and that Pixar would venture into uncharted territory. Here's the trailer for those who forgot:

What we got instead was what was IN MY OPINION a mediocre, small-scale princess movie. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what I wanted. And frankly, the movie had little to do with bravery. The original title "The Bear and the Bow" would have been more fitting. If you love Brave, that's great.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Brave sucked IMO. Total ripoff of Brother Bear, and the Cabbage-Patch-Kid-Faced Princess treated her mom like crap.

As for Mary Sue and the My Little Pony Valley Girl Dragon, let's hope they don't show up in the parks. Those two don't even deserve their own bathroom.
More room for
fozzie bear muppets GIF

the-reason14

I actually just recently saw the movie and thought it was pretty good. I'll admit seeing trailers for it originally gave me no desire to see it, but since it's on Disney + I thought why not. I would like to see some representation of it in the parks simply because more minority characters/movies are always a welcome addition IMO. I don't think it has the staying power that a lot of other modern Disney movies have, but I guess time will tell. Either way at the least, I think there should be some characters in the park that people can meet.

Fox&Hound

@Ghost93 - great thread topic (and very well-written). I agree completely- it was an awesome movie but it definitely seems like Disney has already forgotten it. Movie like this and Onward come out and then sort of fade into oblivion for one reason or another. Maybe down the road it will be appreciated and Disney will circle back to it and use it in the parks but for now it seems like it just came out at a bad time.

Side Note- And Brother Bear/Freaky Friday hybrid šŸ˜‚ I also agree that Brave was not as advertised as and ranks as one of my absolute least favorite pixar films. Like what exactly made her brave? She was selfish and self-centered, but brave? Does she even apologize to her mom? Bah, so bad....

Ghost93

Original Poster
Oh the balance is off for sure.

And Technically red car trolleys are part of the Roger Rabbit IP. They donā€™t ever make that connection in dca though.
Yeah, the Disney company of today doesn't care at all about Roger Rabbit. Such a shame as Who Framed Roger Rabbit is probably even more influential than The Little Mermaid in regards to reigniting interest in Disney animation. Tensions between the Disney company and Spielberg have definitely softened since the 90s (which is what led to Roger disappearing from the parks in the first place), but at this point I don't think most kids even know who Roger Rabbit is.

RSoxNo1

Oh the balance is off for sure.
Don't get me wrong, today's Disney has been about brand acquisition and subsequently getting value out of those purchases. But even an 80/20 split for IP vs. non IP would be a vast improvement under this leadership.

Depending on your optimism or pessimism, there are a couple of things to absolutely keep an eye on:

• The announced EPCOT projects likely aren't the end of that park's evolution. Other things that seem to be on the table "in time" include the Spaceship Earth update, Seas update and Imagination update. There is reason to believe that all three of those projects may be free of movie based IP. However, that was the rumor at a certain period of time. That may change.
  • The park that is in biggest need of a new project is the Animal Kingdom. Logic would dictate that Dinorama is the logical location. There are absolutely movie based IPs that fit in that park, we've mentioned Indiana Jones on here as an example. The fear is that without Joe Rohde to steer things in the right direction that something like Zootopia will find its way into that park.

TrainsOfDisney

Don't get me wrong, today's Disney has been about brand acquisition and subsequently getting value out of those purchases. But even an 80/20 split for IP vs. non IP would be a vast improvement under this leadership.

Depending on your optimism or pessimism, there are a couple of things to absolutely keep an eye on:

• The announced EPCOT projects likely aren't the end of that park's evolution. Other things that seem to be on the table "in time" include the Spaceship Earth update, Seas update and Imagination update. There is reason to believe that all three of those projects may be free of movie based IP. However, that was the rumor at a certain period of time. That may change.
  • The park that is in biggest need of a new project is the Animal Kingdom. Logic would dictate that Dinorama is the logical location. There are absolutely movie based IPs that fit in that park, we've mentioned Indiana Jones on here as an example. The fear is that without Joe Rohde to steer things in the right direction that something like Zootopia will find its way into that park.
Raya could fit into DAK nicely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom