News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

donsullivan

Premium Member
See then this doesn’t make sense. Either they want to protect public health and covid spread or just make it seem that way. What’s the difference in social distancing some places and not others especially rope drop, fireworks, queue lines, etc. it’s more magical facade than a real protective action or shield but ya know whatever makes some feel better.

Just hurry and get your shot so you can then….do the same thing as those that don’t.
Please stop with these silly dialogs that if they are not doing 100% of the things that could be done they should not be doing anything. This is a step to hopefully stabilize things but if it doesn't work, things will have to get more restrictive. If EVERYONE follows these rules, maybe things will improve. if not they'll get stricter.

This silly whataboutism gets really really old. If you are not here why do you care? If you are here or are coming, just follow the rules or go beyond them if you feel it necessary. Obsessively questioning everything about this is why we are in this state- too many armchair scientists

disneygeek90

See then this doesn’t make sense. Either they want to protect public health and covid spread or just make it seem that way. What’s the difference in social distancing some places and not others especially rope drop, fireworks, queue lines, etc. it’s more magical facade than a real protective action or shield but ya know whatever makes some feel better.

Just hurry and get your shot so you can then….do the same thing as those that don’t.
Removing the tables in R&C limits those lingering right next to the bar and other guests with their masks off while drinking. Seems pretty logical to me. There is not a lot of space in that bar.

Wendy Pleakley

Social distancing some of the time is still better than social distancing none of the time, but not as good as social distancing all of the time.

Disstevefan1

I will try to rationalize some good points -
  • Dad will recover.
  • I am not a Dr. but Dad looks to be overweight which probably contributed to his complications that sent him to the hospital rather than simply recovering at home.
  • No ventilator! just some oxygen, pretty standard. It looks like we are learning how to properly treat this and not just sticking folks on ventilators to die.
  • He probably got it at Universal for all you Universal hating Disney fans.
I have my flame suit on and am ready for the melt down.

EeyoreFan#24

Is the RandC third party? I don’t think so but not sure. Are the 3rd party operators doing anything different. I assume they follow Disney’s lead, maybe by choice, maybe not.

castlecake2.0

Is the RandC third party? I don’t think so but not sure. Are the 3rd party operators doing anything different. I assume they follow Disney’s lead, maybe by choice, maybe not.
R&C is Disney owned/operated. They only removed lounge seating in the bar area. In parks they have to follow Disney’s directive. Disney Springs is a little more flexible.

Wendy Pleakley

I will try to rationalize some good points -
  • Dad will recover.
  • I am not a Dr. but Dad looks to be overweight which probably contributed to his complications that sent him to the hospital rather than simply recovering at home.
  • No ventilator! just some oxygen, pretty standard. It looks like we are learning how to properly treat this and not just sticking folks on ventilators to die.
  • He probably got it at Universal for all you Universal hating Disney fans.
I have my flame suit on and am ready for the melt down.

In other fantastic news out of this story, the family will collect money from a gofundme because apparently quite a few people think this guy is worthy of their support.

He's been sick for a month, and still slowly recovering.

He should have been vaccinated. He shouldn't have been at a theme park. He should have worn a mask.

Why would anyone feel a need to rationalize the "good" in this in any way?

Lilofan

Disstevefan1

In other fantastic news out of this story, the family will collect money from a gofundme because apparently quite a few people think this guy is worthy of their support.

He should have been vaccinated. He shouldn't have been at a theme park. He should have worn a mask.

I have another good point.
He and his family was not killed in a fatal car crash caused by a drunk driver on the drive there and back.

StarWarsGirl

I honestly don't understand how any are comfortable visiting parks while unvaccinated at this point. Up until restrictions were dropped, at least there was masks, distancing and a true capacity reduction that made it feel like you could be as safe as possible. I wouldn't feel comfortable at all going in today's world even with the Disney indoor masks if I was unvaccinated. I'm sure they're sitting you right next to someone on MMRR anyway.
I'm honestly less worried about WDW than I am places like the office, the gym, the movies, etc. This guy's main problem was that he wasn't wearing his mask and even his nine-year-old knew better.

Gringrinngghost

Universals official policy from a email only shows they care for vanity.

6DEE7967-B002-48DA-992A-E995C3528DDF.jpeg

From Twitter btw

G00fyDad

That is the only thing that matters. He should have been vaccinated. My family got ours back in December and January. Campaigning against it right now is just plain reckless and inconsiderate. If the updated mask policy is in place next year when we go then I am not going to like it but I am still going to go and wear a mask despite being vaccinated.

SugarMagnolia75

No, except for maybe the bat houses and the naked mole rat house, which can be bypassed.
We were there last month and the mask requirements changed during the middle of the trip. At the beginning of our trip, masks were still required indoors and attractions, but we did not have to put them on for the animal trails.

doctornick

Disney knows how much they are going to lose.

They had to conclude public perception was more important than revenue.

They will now lose even more business to universal.
Despite the banter on here about people cancelling “trips” - which I’m confident is a very small percentage of people scheduled to go to WDW - my guess is that the biggest crowd this will impact is locals especially with APs who would opt to go to Uni over WDW. And I think Disney’s response to that would be “who cares?”

CosmicRays

Could you explain what/where the marquee line is? To me, it is the attraction entrance, knowing lines have spilled far beyond the actual entrance. Is that correct?
I would guess the sign that the cast member is holding to mark the end of the line, just a guess though.

edit: It may mean the actual Marquee name of the attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom