News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

Or the mortality of Delta is much less and could be a combination of both.

As virus evolve, they tend to become more contagious but less fatal.
Delta is not 95% less lethal than the UK variant. The bulk of the reduction is certainly due to vaccine. It’s still pretty deadly for the hospitalized, which suggests it is the vaccine keeping you out of the hospital to begin with. If you are unvaccinated and end up hospitalized, you are in considerable danger. Thankfully for the vaccinated, the number of breakthrough serious infections is quite low.

Trauma

Not denying it outside of a hold time being vastly different. But you also posted you canceled so I assumed a typo.

No one honestly cares what you personally do here. Just shocked anyone calls DVC unless they have to online services is great. When it glitches on contract order used for a room, then I call. Canceling I haven't since March last year when the parks closed before our tip... resorts closed partway through. That wasn't fun.
I prefer to deal with people.

I support employees.

When I’m shopping I will wait longer to be checked out by an actual person instead of a self check out line.

I try to support people over computers whenever possible.

ToTBellHop

If their wedding would be a super spreader event then so is rope drop and the fireworks today
Do you dance with strangers for 2 hours at firework time? Yuck. Sweat.

1627577258704.gif

correcaminos

I prefer to deal with people.

I support employees.

When I’m shopping I will wait longer to be checked out by an actual person instead of a self check out line.

I try to support people over computers whenever possible.
Don't be so defensive. I prefer lower MFs myself in this case. Just was saying online is great. Much better than when I first bought in. Less stress too for me.

GimpYancIent

Delta is not 95% less lethal than the UK variant. The bulk of the reduction is certainly due to vaccine. It’s still pretty deadly for the hospitalized, which suggests it is the vaccine keeping you out of the hospital to begin with. If you are unvaccinated and end up hospitalized, you are in considerable danger. Thankfully for the vaccinated, the number of breakthrough serious infections is quite low.
Fully agree with "If you are unvaccinated and end up hospitalized, you are in considerable danger."

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Can you link me the data showing the vaccinated are spreading the virus?

I still can’t find it.

Not them saying they think it’s occurring.

The actual data.

Lots of information here along with sources. I haven't dug through to see if the actual data you are looking for is there, but it does discuss reduced effectiveness against transmission

VelocityRaptor

You wouldn't want your special wedding day to be known as a super spreader event.
Everyone who will be attending is vaccinated already because we did our duty as Americans to get vaccinated. Now we’re being punished for that? What super spread would there be? At some point this all needs to end, imagine masking up every year for the flu that’s just unrealistic

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yes why wouldn’t I?

I have been told before I have an ulcer and given pain meds only to be in emergency surgery 8 hours later for an appendix that had to be ripped out of me.

I always seek at least a second if not third opinion and research everything I’m told independently.

So you read all the clinical studies before you take an medication?

Lilofan

Everyone who will be attending is vaccinated already because we did our duty as Americans to get vaccinated. Now we’re being punished for that? What super spread would there be? At some point this all needs to end, imagine masking up every year for the flu that’s just unrealistic
That's good you took roll call to ensure all attending already got shots in arms but if masks are policy then there is that.

sullyinMT

Yes, and UK is on the decline. However, the US is big. Let’s hope the south surge doesn’t become a north surge in Fall.
It's already starting, at least in the intermountain west. Perhaps the heat and smoke from these devastating fires driving everyone indoors will speed up the spike this time. If fires get controlled and we can enjoy our fall outdoors, and people finally get around to getting there dang shot in the Dakotas, ID, MT, and WY, our winter could look a lot better than last year's.

Nubs70

Delta is the predominant strain involved in the current UK surge and the combination of Delta and Vaccinated show about 1500% less fatality rate compared to the last variant surge. What percent improvement is attributed to Delta and/or Vaccine is anyone's guess.

ToTBellHop

It's already starting, at least in the intermountain west. Perhaps the heat and smoke from these devastating fires driving everyone indoors will speed up the spike this time. If fires get controlled and we can enjoy our fall outdoors, and people finally get around to getting there dang shot in the Dakotas, ID, MT, and WY, our winter could look a lot better than last year's.
Hopefully, high rates of vaccination in most states with low or moderate spread will prevent huge spikes. If we see a spike in a place like VT, we are in trouble.

Trauma

So you read all the clinical studies before you take an medication?
Like the study the CDC published showing that vaccinated people can spread the virus?

I can’t answer that honestly because I have not taken a medication in at least 20 years.

Not even a headache pill.

I took medicine when I was a child without question.

That’s before I was almost killed by a misdiagnosis.

I did take the vaccine of course and yes I read the studies before taking it.

ToTBellHop

Delta is the predominant strain involved in the current UK surge and the combination of Delta and Vaccinated show about 1500% less fatality rate compared to the last variant surge. What percent improvement is attributed to Delta and/or Vaccine is anyone's guess.
Not a guess. Delta is not substantially less deadly or we’d be seeing big declines in low-vaccination countries, which we aren’t.

Crunchie9

View attachment 575538

But Fauci noted there is not yet clinical data on what the high viral loads mean in terms of disease transmission. "You can make a reasonable assumption that vaccinated people can transmit the virus just like unvaccinated people can,
Whoa! Look at the lack of correlation between cases and deaths. It’s like the vax that was designed to reduce severity of symptoms including death are…. Doing what the drug was designed to do.

100% eradication is not going to happen for over a decade. Gorsh, (Goofy) even Polio was eradicated 24 years after their first round of vax killed or paralyzed 150,000 children.

DisneyCane

Do you ask for the actual data whenever your doctor suggests a treatment for you?

Yes why wouldn’t I?

I have been told before I have an ulcer and given pain meds only to be in emergency surgery 8 hours later for an appendix that had to be ripped out of me.

I always seek at least a second if not third opinion and research everything I’m told independently.
Plus, the recommended treatments are based on decades of study, not knee jerk reactions to one study that may possibly make a suggestion of something.

If you need treatment for something serious the doctor will explain the medical science to you and lay out your options. He won't just say you have leg cramps and a study showed that leg cramps may be the result of necrosis caused by a rare bacteria so we're going to amputate your leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom