News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chomama

We're just taking the long route to Disney and every other corporation and private and public entity realizing that its more economical and efficient to require that guests and employees be vaccinated. Google, Netflix, and the federal government got their this week. Disneyland will probably get their pretty soon. For various reasons, its going to take longer for WDW. It would be nice if we could have gotten to that inevitable end point more quickly, but it was always going to have to work this way.

If this all interferes with HHN, though, I'm going to be very, very... unhappy.
I just read Facebook has joined the party too

BuddyThomas

Great! Now take Vitamin d and c especially in the winter and don't worry. But I think you get my point.
I already take those. None of this is enough.

Honest to God, I don't know how many times I have to tell the story of my colleague Nick Cordero, who was a 41 year old Broadway actor, in excellent shape with not one single underlying condition, who ate healthy and took such supplements as you suggest. He battled the disease for 95 days, was on a ventilator, and eventually had to have a leg amputated before finally passing away in July of last year.

The narrative that only the fat and unhealthy get it and die is absolutely untrue, and this lie needs to stop being pushed around.

maui2k7

There will likely be many reservations being cancelled today
I seriously thought about cancelling our trip today for next week when this was announced. I doubt I will cancel, but I have to figure out how to get excited again. I hate the masks, but have to focus on other aspects to not have my disdain for them rub off on my kids and wife then ruin the trip for them. Yeah I know it may sound petty, but that’s how I feel.

MKFanatic

I seriously thought about cancelling our trip today for next week when this was announced. I doubt I will cancel, but I have to figure out how to get excited again. I hate the masks, but have to focus on other aspects to not have my disdain for them rub off on my kids and wife then ruin the trip for them. Yeah I know it may sound petty, but that’s how I feel.
I’m in the exact same boat. I’d cancel today but it would crush my 5 year old daughters heart. So my family and I are going to make the best of it.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I don’t. Thats only a smaller part of the problem.
I know it’s easy to blame all the unvaccinated folks which is fine but If the delta variant never made it in the US across the border we wouldn’t be having this problem right now. That would have been an easy and smart thing to prevent during a global pandemic but again politics > public health and covid transmission in this country which continues to be swept under the rug.

Last edited:

maui2k7

I’m in the exact same boat. I’d cancel today but it would crush my 5 year old daughters heart. So my family and I are going to make the best of it.
I know how you feel. My youngest daughter was so disappointed with the thought of missing the Boo Bash on opening night. I have never had to “make the best” of it on a vacation, but that’s what we will do also.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I know it’s easy to blame all the unvaccinated folks which is fine but If the delta variant never made it in the US across the border we wouldn’t be having this problem right now. That would have been an easy and smart thing to prevent during a global pandemic but again politics > public health and covid transmission in this country which continues to be swept under the rug
You think stricter border controls would have stopped it ?
How's that working out for Australia . You will never stop people from entering legally and carrying the disease with them.
Pushing the blame onto others is part of the reason you are back to these measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom