Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney Experience

Even with this Delta surge I personally feel fairly safe since I am fully vaccinated and had Covid-19 (assuming Delta) in mid June. Being part of Pfizer Phase 3 trial they give you a swab kit.( lost mine, they overnighted me another which a courier picked up six days into the moderate covid19 . So after that I had no swab kit. But I doubt I will ever need one again….

But they did decide tio send me another kit just in case during the study I do get it again ( or get something else that has covid like symptoms).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 38

ImperfectPixie

Is it possible to get an answer without hyperbole from either side about what is happening with the death rate so far?

When would we be seeing the deaths after the lag effects? Starting now? Is it higher, lower, same as previous?

What was the UKs deathrate during Delta peak?

Are you guys just googling it? 😀
I keep the Johns Hopkins COVID site and the Reuters week-by-week changes page both open in tabs in the background while I do other stuff, so I can just switch over and peek when I want to. (I have a bit of an addiction to using a bazillion tabs at once, lol.)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It would also have saved lives to not drop restrictions until enough had been vacinated, like they said they would do until the CDC said “ok pandemic is over!”
Yeah, but the vaccine is far more effective than any mitigation. If everyone stopped doubting the vaccines and did their part Covid would be gone…no cases, no hospitalizations, no deaths and no need for masks or any mitigations.

TrainsOfDisney

Yeah, but the vaccine is far more effective than any mitigation. If everyone stopped doubting the vaccines and did their part Covid would be gone…no cases, no hospitalizations, no deaths and no need for masks or any mitigations.
Possibly. But it doesn’t really matter because that’s not where we are.

Israel had to bring back masks as well and they are the most vaccinated country I beleive.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Possibly. But it doesn’t really matter because that’s not where we are.

Israel had to bring back masks as well and they are the most vaccinated country I beleive.
Israel has less than 60% of their population fully vaccinated. They were in the lead for a while but stalled out. In the US we had enough doses of the vaccine for 100% of eligible people by the end of May and people skipped it for various reasons. If we are looking for blame for this and future outbreaks it’s squarely on the backs of the unvaccinated and those who spread anti-vaxx nonsense and lies. We had an easy path out, many other countries didn’t even have access to the vaccine.

TrainsOfDisney

Israel has less than 60% of their population fully vaccinated. They were in the lead for a while but stalled out. In the US we had enough doses of the vaccine for 100% of eligible people by the end of May and people skipped it for various reasons. If we are looking for blame for this and future outbreaks it’s squarely on the backs of the unvaccinated and those who spread anti-vaxx nonsense and lies. We had an easy path out, many other countries didn’t even have access to the vaccine.
It sounds like you are angry and looking for someone to blame. It’s a global pandemic, it’s not anyone’s fault.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It sounds like you are angry and looking for someone to blame. It’s a global pandemic, it’s not anyone’s fault.
Huh???🤔 that was true last year before we had multiple highly effective vaccines. I’m not going to apologize for being angry that people refused to take a vaccine that could have gotten us out of this pandemic much sooner. No need to look for someone to blame, I’m placing blame squarely where it belongs.

Jwink

What an incredibly stupid decision by Demings and WDW. Not surprising. Fortunately it looks like DeSantis will end all mandates public and private just like he did with vaccine passports.
Luckily he can't do that for private businesses and any business can require masks if they want to. They can also require vaccinations in order to be employed.

This isn't a cold. This isn't a crappy stomach virus. It's a deadly pandemic.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Huh???🤔 that was true last year before we had multiple highly effective vaccines. I’m not going to apologize for being angry that people refused to take a vaccine that could have gotten us out of this pandemic much sooner. No need to look for someone to blame, I’m placing blame squarely where it belongs.
There should be a vaccine mandate in next month or two because we will force anti-vaxx people to get vaccinated so we'll get us out of this pandemic before end of the year.

Lilofan

What an incredibly stupid decision by Demings and WDW. Not surprising. Fortunately it looks like DeSantis will end all mandates public and private just like he did with vaccine passports.
There will be "Karens" testing the policy of masking up indoors at WDW. These guests should get ready to be filmed by fellow guests regarding their childish behavior.

chrisvee

Premium Member
hope you have a great trip

gotta be honest, the indoor masking is a big relief to me since it forces the unvax’d to comply

we had canceled most of our indoor dining reservations but may change our minds with this news

this is our first trip since Mar 2020 so even hanging by the pool will feel great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom