Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well as you said, people have dining and hotel reservations currently, so therefore disney's hands are completely tied, they have no ability to institute a shut down, or to reduce capacity. And since that's an impossibility, we know that when they did it last time there must have been some mystical alignment of the planets that created a magic, previously unheard of, booking window, that allowed disney to reduce capacity, hell, even shut down completely, without cancelling reservations or hotel bookings. We got real lucky with that.
You don’t see any difference between March 2020 and now?

Trauma

Tell that to all the talking heads doing everything they can to push the CDC to alter their guidance on masks. Which I hope doesn't happen. I honestly think that's who guides WDW
You mean the same people who rip their mask off the second the cameras aren’t on them?

Lilofan

There’s no need. That happened with wave 1 but we learned that these waves go up and then down. I know many people think we aren’t doing enough, but we should not overreact to the situation either. By the time you shut the country down the cases would be dropping naturally. The first time around we had no vaccines, no way to protect the vulnerable and no way of knowing cases would move in waves like this. We’ve learned a lot. It has come at a high price, but we know better now how to react.
I agree but I wish companies can see this also. Too many times, if profit targets are not hit, one of the victims of this is looking at the payroll expenses and that's when future of current jobs are part of the equation.

mmascari

I think the most we'll see is masks indoors unless something goes terribly, terribly wrong.
Are there any people eating attractions or shows still closed? Or, not running at close to full capacity? Especially indoor stuff?

How about restaurants? Any that are entirely closed, vs reduced capacity within one?

My guess is that they're not going to reduce any overall capacity at all. The most they are likely to do is require indoor masks and then pack in full loads of people for all the indoor stuff. For restaurants where you cannot mask, they might bring more locations online and spread out capacity among them. Something like having the full restaurant location capacity they would have at peak with the reduced park capacity they have now (even if it's not reduced much, its not the same as super full day), allowing them to spread out and have less capacity in each location.

It's clear by now that masks beat out distance. If you're only getting one, it's not going to be distance. Despite what people may prefer.

As someone else pointed out though, they're not likely to do anything unless the risk of bad press gets to large. They've adjusted to "it's over" and most of the guests have too. Doesn't matter if it's over or not. Those who haven't just aren't going now. Demand has never been a problem, there's still enough in the "it's over" group no matter their vaccination status.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Attention all freedom lovers! Here comes the start of employer mandated vaccines. I expect this to spread quickly, it’s in a company’s best interest to prevent 2 week absences from staff. It will only accelerate once the FDA grants full approval.

ImperfectPixie

Are there any people eating attractions or shows still closed? Or, not running at close to full capacity? Especially indoor stuff?

How about restaurants? Any that are entirely closed, vs reduced capacity within one?

My guess is that they're not going to reduce any overall capacity at all. The most they are likely to do is require indoor masks and then pack in full loads of people for all the indoor stuff. For restaurants where you cannot mask, they might bring more locations online and spread out capacity among them. Something like having the full restaurant location capacity they would have at peak with the reduced park capacity they have now (even if it's not reduced much, its not the same as super full day), allowing them to spread out and have less capacity in each location.

It's clear by now that masks beat out distance. If you're only getting one, it's not going to be distance. Despite what people may prefer.

As someone else pointed out though, they're not likely to do anything unless the risk of bad press gets to large. They've adjusted to "it's over" and most of the guests have too. Doesn't matter if it's over or not. Those who haven't just aren't going now. Demand has never been a problem, there's still enough in the "it's over" group no matter their vaccination status.
It just blows my mind how many people are willing to ignore the horn of the oncoming train until it's too late.

Jrb1979

Weird things have gotten a lot better for me since I was vaccinated.
Maybe for you personally. I'm fully vaccinated and things are better now that places are reopening where I live. My local amusement park finally reopened after being closed for over a year.

My point was that places were Covid is rising the leaders that did nothing from the beginning are still there. In that sense it hasn't gotten better. To be honest it looks good on them.

jpinkc

Dont know what to say or think. Wife and I have a Nov trip and I hate to buy in to the Media frenzies, but the current news out of Florida, Hell my own state make me wonder if we arent going to see things fall apart before then 😓

Trauma

When though? If delta is so deadly and the cases/hospitalizations are now through the roof why the delay? If masks are that important to stop delta in its tracks it should be done ASAP, no?
1627320871646.gif

They are still trying to figure out where to set it down at before they announce anything.

DisneyDebRob

I think he meant that Disney canceled vacations, dining reservations..etc and besides the backlash from some did it quickly. I believe he’s saying that they can do all that again with it not being a big deal. Don’t think it ever gets to that point with the huge difference between then and now as you said. But they could if they wanted too. The OP can correct me if I read it wrong but they were responding to someone saying how could disney do that with everyone booked into hotels.. well they did it before.

Trauma

It just blows my mind how many people are willing to ignore the horn of the oncoming train until it's too late.
Maybe you are seeing a train that’s not there.

My state is averaging 2 deaths a day

Please don’t tell me that I need to wear a mask.

If that’s the case I also need to wear a bullet proof vest, because we have a lot more shooting deaths every day.

Sure there's a difference. The alpha variant had an r0 of around 2.5, Delta has an r0 of between 6 and 8. It is orders of magnitude more infectious than the alpha variant. The difference between now and march is that now we're sitting at the foothill of cases that indicate a coming tidal wave of explosive exponential infection rates and we know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom