The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

G00fyDad

Yikes. Now that's what I call UGLY!! Give me this new design anyday over that gaudy mess 🤮🤢

If you want to see a gaudy mess I would point you to the birthday cake fiasco. LOL
R (1).jpg

(I hope the genius that came up with that thing was fired.)

Goofnut1980

Could they also be replenishing passes because people are cancelling now due to COVID? If not that, then they must be increasing capacity limits.
good call!
I wonder how many will cancel cruises if they have to wear a mask on the ship with the the Dream starting back up in August.

Sir_Cliff

While contemporarily simplistic I think Magic Mirror was better during HCOE.
2f2851e372edfc8ada94d6728d9efb6a.jpg
Uff, I really disagree here. That looked like a big plastic Happy Meal toy bolted onto the front of the castle. At least this looks fairly organic to the structure.

Still don't love the new color scheme, but leaving that aside this new 50th centrepiece is refreshingly subtle by the standards of previous icon transformations.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The castle cake was fun and whimsical. Two things that today's Disney has forgotten about. Anyway, this isn't the place for that discussion (that's been had a thousand times already).

skypilot2922

I guess I'll say it:

They managed to put up almost every decoration for Sleeping Beauty Castle in one night on July 16, the night before the actual 50th there. Granted, that castle is smaller, but why is the crest, which could obviously be put up in a matter of an hour or two, put up months ahead of the actual anniversary date?

They got a discounted rate at Labor Ready...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom